The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My next iteration in Act, Assess, Adjust of my business road.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

bambz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 11, 2021
Hello. I'm starting next iteration in Act, Assess, Adjust process of my business road. I'm fullstack developer from Poland (backend, frontend, web apps, mobile apps, games, desktop apps) and my earnings in my country comparing to other people are high so I have nice fundamentals. I'm almost 30. The things I'm interested in and like to do outside of programming are football, BJJ, baking pizza, barbecue'ing, traveling, snorkeling, reading books, playing board games with friends and generally I'm big fan of life. I was interested in electronics as well in my study time.

I've read "The Fastlane Milionaire", "The Great Rat Escape" and recently "The Lean Startup".

The first thing I've changed thanks to this forum and DeMarco's books in my business world was creating apps based on people's needs instead of my own ideas (I've created some apps and games based on my own ideas and after sometime I thought they were bad ideas). With new approach as a member of a lot of FB groups with people who wanna become a professional programmer I figured out that a lot of people don't know how to start. I've created the google forms to discover these people needs in details and collect first emails. After 2-3 weeks helping these people and adding link to my forms I collected 40 answers. Then using knowledge from "The Lean Startup" book I've prepared simple landing page representing course for those people with fake "Buy" button. I've just added first free module as MVP, but I wanted to check how many people would like spent some money for my course. I've sent link to LP to people from google forms and bought cheap ad in FB. The result after 5 days? 0 customers :D I don't know if there is something wrong in my LP or people really prefer spent a lot of money for bootcamp than my cheap course. But I'm happy because it was the first attempt with all business rules. Besides I've created this course for people from my country (~38 mln people) so even if 1000 people (I think it's a lot) would buy my course I will earn as much money as I earn in 3 months and unfortunately it's single payment for course, not subscription.

But now I feel confused. Of course, I will do some fixes in my LP but I don't know what to do next. Why?

I know, there are a lot of problems in this world, but I don't see anything what I'm able to fix. How could I look for people's problem? Should I register in some random groups in FB or Reddit and look for problems and needs? For instance people in BBQ and pizza groups don't have problems to earn money from. The next question - should I look for problems in polish groups or international groups? Yeah, I need next problem to build next Landing Page and check if people would like to buy it!

PS.
This is my landing page: zostaneprogramista.pl – Wyjaśnienie Twoich wszelkich wątpliwości w drodze do zostania programistą.
Just translate to english and please tell me what is wrong with this site.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Hello. I'm starting next iteration in Act, Assess, Adjust process of my business road. I'm fullstack developer from Poland (backend, frontend, web apps, mobile apps, games, desktop apps) and my earnings in my country comparing to other people are high so I have nice fundamentals. I'm almost 30. The things I'm interested in and like to do outside of programming are football, BJJ, baking pizza, barbecue'ing, traveling, snorkeling, reading books, playing board games with friends and generally I'm big fan of life. I was interested in electronics as well in my study time.

I've read "The Fastlane Milionaire", "The Great Rat Escape" and recently "The Lean Startup".

The first thing I've changed thanks to this forum and DeMarco's books in my business world was creating apps based on people's needs instead of my own ideas (I've created some apps and games based on my own ideas and after sometime I thought they were bad ideas). With new approach as a member of a lot of FB groups with people who wanna become a professional programmer I figured out that a lot of people don't know how to start. I've created the google forms to discover these people needs in details and collect first emails. After 2-3 weeks helping these people and adding link to my forms I collected 40 answers. Then using knowledge from "The Lean Startup" book I've prepared simple landing page representing course for those people with fake "Buy" button. I've just added first free module as MVP, but I wanted to check how many people would like spent some money for my course. I've sent link to LP to people from google forms and bought cheap ad in FB. The result after 5 days? 0 customers :D I don't know if there is something wrong in my LP or people really prefer spent a lot of money for bootcamp than my cheap course. But I'm happy because it was the first attempt with all business rules. Besides I've created this course for people from my country (~38 mln people) so even if 1000 people (I think it's a lot) would buy my course I will earn as much money as I earn in 3 months and unfortunately it's single payment for course, not subscription.

But now I feel confused. Of course, I will do some fixes in my LP but I don't know what to do next. Why?

I know, there are a lot of problems in this world, but I don't see anything what I'm able to fix. How could I look for people's problem? Should I register in some random groups in FB or Reddit and look for problems and needs? For instance people in BBQ and pizza groups don't have problems to earn money from. The next question - should I look for problems in polish groups or international groups? Yeah, I need next problem to build next Landing Page and check if people would like to buy it!

PS.
This is my landing page: zostaneprogramista.pl – Wyjaśnienie Twoich wszelkich wątpliwości w drodze do zostania programistą.
Just translate to english and please tell me what is wrong with this site.

>How could I look for people's problem?

There are many serious problems everywhere. For example, there are many problems in medicine (deaths from medical errors). There are many problems businesses have right now (advertisements and traditional marketing do not work, because people do not have money to buy products outside basic needs, etc.). Recent hacks of LastPass and other passwords managers show problems with passwords in encrypted files (affect over 100,000,000 people). There are simple solutions to this problem.

Look here for samples of other problems that exist:
https://www.publish0x.com/simple-so.../a-simple-way-to-become-a-solopreneur-xxzexow

bambz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 11, 2021
Hello! After 4 months I've just finished the platform to provide my online course for people who want to become professional IT developers, but do not know how to start and how to do it.

Currently, the technical side of my page is finished and now I'm working on the content of this course (30% in progress). Tech stack: next js, stripe, sendgrid, mongo db, getresponse, redis.

The entire course is separated into 4 modules (each contains a few lessons). My idea is to finish the first two modules, sell them for a lower price, then work on the last two parts and in the end increase the price. Of course, people who buy it earlier for a lower price will have access to all modules.

Additionally, the first two lessons will be free, and the third will be accessible to people who subscribe to my platform (they get the lesson as a PDF via email).

In the future, I will be adding the next modules to my course (for instance, especially for Java developers) and sell them in packages.

I have three questions for you:
1. Is it a better idea to show to price immediately on my page or rather only after free lessons?
2. How could I advertise my course at this moment when I'm still working on it and want to collect potential customers via newsletter?
3. Do you have some extra recommendations for me?

The course: https://zostaneprogramista.pl
Just translate it :)

I'm going to create an English version in a few months and try to sell it in the international market.

Last edited:

bambz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 11, 2021
I've started the presale of my course https://zostaneprogramista.pl and have the first 4 payments! It's my first income independent of time!

A few days ago I created Instagram and tik tok and I'm getting knowledge of how to use social media to promote my businesses. It's totally new area for me.

In 3 weeks I will publish the first part of my course and increase the price from 59 to 99 PLN.

So.. my tasks for few next weeks:
- get to know social media (IG, TikTok)
- write content for the first part of my course

See you soon :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I've started the presale of my course Zostanę Programistą and have the first 4 payments! It's my first income independent of time!

A few days ago I created Instagram and tik tok and I'm getting knowledge of how to use social media to promote my businesses. It's totally new area for me.

In 3 weeks I will publish the first part of my course and increase the price from 59 to 99 PLN.

So.. my tasks for few next weeks:
- get to know social media (IG, TikTok)
- write content for the first part of my course

See you soon :)

Congratulations on the sales!

How have you determined sufficient demand for your product?

Did you just hope for the best?

I ask, as I've done things in the past that I thought would sell well, that didn't get much after the initial sign ups.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.