Ok fellow fastlane members, I am always bouncing around ideas but I have came up with an idea for a site that I am ready to take action for.
Basically, I am going to be marketing to biz owners in a certain industry on websites that they will visit. I am going to be offering them an easy, low cost method to establish a website for the business they have.
So I am going to design websites all day long? Well, not exactly. What I plan on doing is to set up my website where a potential customer can select from 8 templates that I will have designed and then either they can input the content they would prefer or I can add generic content (just adding the business name it where fit in a premade ad copy). The sites will feature a main page, about us page, and contact page. I honestly do not know much about web design but I going to have this set up to where all I have to do is type in the content within the pages and upload to server. So now that you have the basic business idea….I need some help from you guys!
I am planning on billing my customers on a monthly basis (set on an automatic billing schedule). I am making this very affordable for my customers, $19.99 a month. (No upfront cost for the initial design other than the first monthly payment of $19.99.
Now, I want to make it to where a customer can stop payments within 365 days of the first payment if they choose…but if they do this, they will face a charge of $100 for early cancellation. Void of terms….whatever you want to refer to it as. If they refuse payment of the $100, I will turn them over to a debt collection company to collect on it (no problem, family owns a company that can do that!) Not trying to be harsh, just trying to hedge my risk as I am basically giving people sites for $19.99 at first.
So first question, what payment processor would allow me to set something up like this and how do I go about constructing the terms and agreement so that they are enforceable if a customer decides they do not want to pay.
Basically, I am going to be marketing to biz owners in a certain industry on websites that they will visit. I am going to be offering them an easy, low cost method to establish a website for the business they have.
So I am going to design websites all day long? Well, not exactly. What I plan on doing is to set up my website where a potential customer can select from 8 templates that I will have designed and then either they can input the content they would prefer or I can add generic content (just adding the business name it where fit in a premade ad copy). The sites will feature a main page, about us page, and contact page. I honestly do not know much about web design but I going to have this set up to where all I have to do is type in the content within the pages and upload to server. So now that you have the basic business idea….I need some help from you guys!
I am planning on billing my customers on a monthly basis (set on an automatic billing schedule). I am making this very affordable for my customers, $19.99 a month. (No upfront cost for the initial design other than the first monthly payment of $19.99.
Now, I want to make it to where a customer can stop payments within 365 days of the first payment if they choose…but if they do this, they will face a charge of $100 for early cancellation. Void of terms….whatever you want to refer to it as. If they refuse payment of the $100, I will turn them over to a debt collection company to collect on it (no problem, family owns a company that can do that!) Not trying to be harsh, just trying to hedge my risk as I am basically giving people sites for $19.99 at first.
So first question, what payment processor would allow me to set something up like this and how do I go about constructing the terms and agreement so that they are enforceable if a customer decides they do not want to pay.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
