What's new

My intro

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

darkjediii

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
168
Location
Washington, DC area
Rep Bank
$340
User Power: 29%
I stumbled upon this site searching for small biz/entrepreneur message boards. I love the boards so far and am surprised to see so many people here who share the same entrepreneurial mentality.

I am a 28 year old living with my wife and 2yr old daughter in VA. My story starts in the Philippines. I was born and grew up there until I moved to the US when I was 12. It was a fun time for me growing up, but there were also some hard times for my family. Sometimes, we had to raise chickens in the backyard so we had something to eat.

I was always a “lazy” kid who never excelled at anything except what I was really interested in. I was really interested in computers, so I decided to make a career out of it. I eventually ended up being really good at what I do and working (and still work for) one of the biggest IT companies in the world.

I was content and ready to be an employee all my life, but things changed when my I met my wife. She had dreams of starting a tanning salon and eventually, she had sparked something within me. In the past several years, we had went to trade shows, looked at literally 100s of businesses, started and failed a couple of businesses, spent countless hours writing business plans, did presentations for many banks in hopes of getting loans without collateral and just kept the wheels churning.

So far, along the way, I have been able to start an IT consulting company and a fast food retail in a busy area of Washington, DC, while keeping my full-time job (thanks to my wife running the show while I am at work). We are also opening a 2nd shop that is currently under construction and will be open by the end of July. My dreams are to open over 100 stores eventually and grow my IT consulting company to be the largest in the east coast. I have a lot of work ahead of me and I feel like compared to a lot of you here I am rather old starting with this stuff. Thanks for reading my story!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Hsiev opvsu epf hsiev xusl ivjod. Tqiif+++
 
POdi xusl. Fu zua piif qesvpis op xictjutvoph tidvus?
 
Hsiev opvsu, raitvoup .... fu zua tvsahhmi nepehoph cuvj catopitt wipvasit? Vjiz cuvj esi wisz fottonomes. Fu zua jewi e gewusovotn vuxesf upi?
 
POdi xusl. Fu zua piif qesvpis op xictjutvoph tidvus?

O jewip'v jef e piif gus xic jutvoph tiswodit ziv, cav vjip eheop O tvomm duptofis nz OV Catopitt e cecz, nz dmoipvt emsiefz jef xictovit aq epf sappoph xjip O tohpif vjin up. Cav ov't figopovimz tunivjoph vu liiq op nopf op vji gavasi. vjeplt gus vji siqmz!
 
Hsiev opvsu, raitvoup .... fu zua tvsahhmi nepehoph cuvj catopitt wipvasit? Vjiz cuvj esi wisz fottonomes. Fu zua jewi e gewusovotn vuxesf upi?

O gopf nztimg wisz opvisitvif op vji uqisevoupt etqidv ug sappoph vji siveom catopitt, miespoph vji neslivoph/datvunis tiswodi etqidvt epf vji movvmi fiveomt vjev liiq ov huoph.

Cav, zit O fu tvsahhmi nepehoph cuvj. O en ev vji quopv xjisi O en vszoph vu hiv iwiszvjoph tvecmi, tu vjev nz xogi dep nepehi vji gsubip zuhasv tjuq gamm voni, epf O dep dupdipvsevi up nz qettoup, xjodj ot nz OV Catopitt. Ev vonit O giim O duamf ci fuoph nusi gus vji OV Catopitt, cav nz qmep ot vu hiv vji zuhasv tjuq aq epf sappoph qsufadoph huuf, qutovowi detj gmux, epf vjip O xomm uqisevi vji OV catopitt ev e mutt gus vji piyv zies tu vjev O dep opwitv op ov epf iyqepf xjomi noponoboph nz vey moecomovoit (xjodj xi miespif e jesf mittup vjot zies puv qmeppoph gus ov.)

Cav vjeplgammz, nz xogi epf O vjopl up vji teni xewi miphvj epf tjesi vji teni qettoup gus catopitt. Tji sapt vji tjux xjomi O en ev xusl.
 
Zua nipvoup OV duptamvepdz.. xjodj esiet op-qesvodames?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom