The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My intro: barely legal Mexican immigrant making it in the U.S. (25 y.o, 6-Figure Net Worth)

RolliePollie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Sep 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone!

This will be my formal introduction to this forum, I've been lurking since 2014 and have read some great dimes over the years. I will mention that the knowledge ive gained from this forum has helped me alot over the years. As to why i didn't get involved earlier, i dont know but im making the decison to get more involved in the forum now.

So yes, the title is correct. I was brought to the U.S. at 7yrs old, my parents escaped Mexico bc they wanted to provide my brothers and I with an opportunity for a better life. I grew up and still live here in beautiful Phoenix, AZ.

Growing up in phoenix was tough, constantly being bullied for being different and always being scared of authorities from the fear of being deported. Luckily i managed to do well in school and met some great people along the way. In high school, I did a summer program at Arizona State with Josh Elizexte (aka Josh Snow on IG) and he introduced me to the beautiful world of entrepreneurship. As a matter of fact, Josh was the one that introduced me to the TFM.

Now, though ive never ran a full successful business on my own, ive had small profitable ventures and gotten the taste of what its like through side hustles.

One of my greatest strengths is that i am able to teach myself anything i set my mind to. Everything that ive learned has been self taught and because of that Ive been able to accomplish what some people call "the american dream." Like many of you all, i dont believe in college. I actually dropped out when i realized everything i was being taught was one youtube lesson away.

I believe in taking action and thinking large regardless of the situation you are put in. I grew up with a huge disadvantage being dirt poor not knowing how to speak english. Let alone being undocumented. (Sheriff Joe Arpaio was our worst nightmare lol) i managed to climb out of that hole and now im somewhat living comfortably.

I own two houses here in Phoenix & im trying to acquire a 3rd one by the end of 2022. Besides my mortgage, i am debt free, have a nice bank account and have reliable friends and family that I can count on.

Currently I work at a small marketing agency - i specialize in web design and im very familiar w. SEO, PPC, Automations, graphic design, video editing etc. The digital world is my playground haha again, all self-taught.

This is my story. I am more than willing to lend to anyone who needs it. If you have any doubts whether you can do something or not, let me tell you, you can. If I managed to make it this far with the cards I was dealt with, you certainly can get there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, congrats on your early success and growing progress. Amazing that you did it without citizenship which speaks volume to your smarts, commitment, and hustle. Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

RolliePollie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Sep 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Wow, congrats on your early success and growing progress. Amazing that you did it without citizenship which speaks volume to your smarts, commitment, and hustle. Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.
I appreciate the recognition MJ! It was definitely a tough journey jumping over the hurdles life gave me and ever since I became a legal resident (less than a year ago) i've been feeling unstoppable.

It pains me that too many people take their legal status for granted not knowing that there are hundreds like me who would kill just even have some sort of recognizable legal presence in this country. Too often people play the victim mentality without even knowing that they are miles ahead from tons of other people in life.

Politics aside, i am 100% taking advantage of the experiences ive lived through and thats helping me fuel my desire to become financially independent. So thanks for making all of this Happen, MJ!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump, just in case there are some young Americans whining about no opportunities, or that the "American dream is dead."

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I grew up with a huge disadvantage being dirt poor not knowing how to speak english.

Ironically, this was probably one of your biggest advantages. People growing up too comfortable usually end up as failures.

I'm glad to hear you're a legal resident now and can focus on other stuff than what no human being should worry about.

RolliePollie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Sep 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ironically, this was probably one of your biggest advantages. People growing up too comfortable usually end up as failures.

I'm glad to hear you're a legal resident now and can focus on other stuff than what no human being should worry about.
Its funny that you mention that cause people have often called me spoiled/privileged from what they see on the front but have no clue of the experiences i've lived through lol

Yeah most definitely! Its amazing being able to go about my day knowing that i cant be separated from my family & loved ones anymore.

Putting all my efforts into getting ahead in life now & taking care of the ones i care about

Cauchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 18, 2022
The internet has made free self-study possible, opening doors for those who want to master multiple skills. But self-study requires a very strong self-control. I am also teaching myself the skills I need and you are a really good role model in that regard.

ravinder09

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 24, 2019
Hello everyone!

This will be my formal introduction to this forum, I've been lurking since 2014 and have read some great dimes over the years. I will mention that the knowledge ive gained from this forum has helped me alot over the years. As to why i didn't get involved earlier, i dont know but im making the decison to get more involved in the forum now.

So yes, the title is correct. I was brought to the U.S. at 7yrs old, my parents escaped Mexico bc they wanted to provide my brothers and I with an opportunity for a better life. I grew up and still live here in beautiful Phoenix, AZ.

Growing up in phoenix was tough, constantly being bullied for being different and always being scared of authorities from the fear of being deported. Luckily i managed to do well in school and met some great people along the way. In high school, I did a summer program at Arizona State with Josh Elizexte (aka Josh Snow on IG) and he introduced me to the beautiful world of entrepreneurship. As a matter of fact, Josh was the one that introduced me to the TFM.

Now, though ive never ran a full successful business on my own, ive had small profitable ventures and gotten the taste of what its like through side hustles.

One of my greatest strengths is that i am able to teach myself anything i set my mind to. Everything that ive learned has been self taught and because of that Ive been able to accomplish what some people call "the american dream." Like many of you all, i dont believe in college. I actually dropped out when i realized everything i was being taught was one youtube lesson away.

I believe in taking action and thinking large regardless of the situation you are put in. I grew up with a huge disadvantage being dirt poor not knowing how to speak english. Let alone being undocumented. (Sheriff Joe Arpaio was our worst nightmare lol) i managed to climb out of that hole and now im somewhat living comfortably.

I own two houses here in Phoenix & im trying to acquire a 3rd one by the end of 2022. Besides my mortgage, i am debt free, have a nice bank account and have reliable friends and family that I can count on.

Currently I work at a small marketing agency - i specialize in web design and im very familiar w. SEO, PPC, Automations, graphic design, video editing etc. The digital world is my playground haha again, all self-taught.

This is my story. I am more than willing to lend to anyone who needs it. If you have any doubts whether you can do something or not, let me tell you, you can. If I managed to make it this far with the cards I was dealt with, you certainly can get there.
Congratulations on your success. Beautiful writing. What is your secret behind writing with temednous clarity?

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
That is very inspirational, thank you for posting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...