The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Intro and Story

PillowMan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 25, 2021
Florida
I feel like I'm late to the party but i'm happy to have stumbled across these books and community. To be honest I thought a forum in 2020/21 was kind of cheesy but I have warmed to it because I need to be with like minded people.

Here is my timeline so far:
2008 - Turned 18, got my license to legally sell insurance with Primerica...Didn't know about MLMs but at least I got my license, ended up never using it and went to college

2009-2012 - About to be in community college for 4 years, working at a mortgage company my mom was able to get me a job at and learning to trade (blow up) Forex accounts. I tried to start a website called Queshare that would aggregate all prices from different retail sites to display the best price for a specific product. Didn't make it past the stage of building a program to gather that info lol and ran out of money.

2012 - Now - Joined the US Air Force and got into a very good career field (AFSC), lost track of my entrepreneur ambitions until 2016/17 when I started listening to the private equity podcast (The PE Funcast), the growth of startups and silicon valley on HBO pulled me back in. Started reading Malcom Gladwell and Simon Sinek books.

2016- Now - I used the benefits from the USAF to start going back to school for Management Information Systems to learn relevant info that I can build a business around/finish what I started with my degree.

2018 - I built a complete dropshipping store/shipping system with Shopify for unique socks, I got three sales, I got screwed over by the manufacturer and I shut it down.

2019 - now - I moved back to my home state of Florida for a new assignment, I wanted to get into real estate investment so I figured what better way than to get my Real Estate license. I got my license in march of 2020, parked my license with Keller Williams and was able to complete 4 sales (and I did a four month deployment that year). I found the MJ DeMarco books and I'm now trying to use that knowledge to leverage my Real Estate business into success. I created an LLC and placed my license under the LLC so it has a formal structure. I have a lot of Ideas but the point of getting a license was to have CONTROL over my investments in Real Estate and to use the commissions from sales to fund investments (I'm still Active Duty so Im still getting a paycheck for the bills). I don't remember how I stumbled on the MFL/Unscripted but after reading them, it took all the different information from the business books I had listened too (over 20) and gave them context. I was able to finally frame the sporadic pieces of knowledge into what role they play, for example, investing in the stock market not to get rich but to grow/protect the money from your business's. Even talking about it makes me want to go back and re-listen to it, which I probably should.

Interests- Reading is huge, I use Audible exclusively because it allows me to do more things while listening and I retain the information better than reading. I have that problem of reading a page, losing my place because my mind drifts and not knowing what I just read. I try to get through 2-3 books per month that are 10 hrs or less of listen time. I enjoy learning about most investment and business activities like trading options, real estate investment and Macro Economic/Geo Political trends. I also used to race in Mexico with my little STI until I took an arrow in the knee with my Wife and I having our first child. I love my family but it has definitely made the skill of prioritization more important since I can't go twelve hours with no break researching information on the internet. I've been trying to create my golden goose since 2008 and at this point its about enjoying the journey of getting there because I know if I keep learning, stay focused and do it the RIGHT WAY I can make it.

There is so much more I could talk about but this should be good enough for you to know the basics of how I ended up here.

TL;DR: I keep trying to start businesses, Ive been at it on and off for the last 13 years, I only have to get rich once....I hope

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Melv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 22, 2020
France
Welcome to all of you !

I sincerely hope to see you succeed on this forum !

Have a good trip !

CJRealEstate

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 21, 2021
I feel like I'm late to the party but i'm happy to have stumbled across these books and community. To be honest I thought a forum in 2020/21 was kind of cheesy but I have warmed to it because I need to be with like minded people.

Here is my timeline so far:
2008 - Turned 18, got my license to legally sell insurance with Primerica...Didn't know about MLMs but at least I got my license, ended up never using it and went to college

2009-2012 - About to be in community college for 4 years, working at a mortgage company my mom was able to get me a job at and learning to trade (blow up) Forex accounts. I tried to start a website called Queshare that would aggregate all prices from different retail sites to display the best price for a specific product. Didn't make it past the stage of building a program to gather that info lol and ran out of money.

2012 - Now - Joined the US Air Force and got into a very good career field (AFSC), lost track of my entrepreneur ambitions until 2016/17 when I started listening to the private equity podcast (The PE Funcast), the growth of startups and silicon valley on HBO pulled me back in. Started reading Malcom Gladwell and Simon Sinek books.

2016- Now - I used the benefits from the USAF to start going back to school for Management Information Systems to learn relevant info that I can build a business around/finish what I started with my degree.

2018 - I built a complete dropshipping store/shipping system with Shopify for unique socks, I got three sales, I got screwed over by the manufacturer and I shut it down.

2019 - now - I moved back to my home state of Florida for a new assignment, I wanted to get into real estate investment so I figured what better way than to get my Real Estate license. I got my license in march of 2020, parked my license with Keller Williams and was able to complete 4 sales (and I did a four month deployment that year). I found the MJ DeMarco books and I'm now trying to use that knowledge to leverage my Real Estate business into success. I created an LLC and placed my license under the LLC so it has a formal structure. I have a lot of Ideas but the point of getting a license was to have CONTROL over my investments in Real Estate and to use the commissions from sales to fund investments (I'm still Active Duty so Im still getting a paycheck for the bills). I don't remember how I stumbled on the MFL/Unscripted but after reading them, it took all the different information from the business books I had listened too (over 20) and gave them context. I was able to finally frame the sporadic pieces of knowledge into what role they play, for example, investing in the stock market not to get rich but to grow/protect the money from your business's. Even talking about it makes me want to go back and re-listen to it, which I probably should.

Interests- Reading is huge, I use Audible exclusively because it allows me to do more things while listening and I retain the information better than reading. I have that problem of reading a page, losing my place because my mind drifts and not knowing what I just read. I try to get through 2-3 books per month that are 10 hrs or less of listen time. I enjoy learning about most investment and business activities like trading options, real estate investment and Macro Economic/Geo Political trends. I also used to race in Mexico with my little STI until I took an arrow in the knee with my Wife and I having our first child. I love my family but it has definitely made the skill of prioritization more important since I can't go twelve hours with no break researching information on the internet. I've been trying to create my golden goose since 2008 and at this point its about enjoying the journey of getting there because I know if I keep learning, stay focused and do it the RIGHT WAY I can make it.

There is so much more I could talk about but this should be good enough for you to know the basics of how I ended up here.

TL;DR: I keep trying to start businesses, Ive been at it on and off for the last 13 years, I only have to get rich once....I hope
I blew up so many trading accounts before I found what I could consistently make money at. Most investors and clients I deal with didn’t make large sums and consider themselves successful until 40 or 50+. You are right on track. Don’t give up you’ve got this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, what's the meaning of "PillowMan"?!

PillowMan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 25, 2021
Florida
Welcome my friend, what's the meaning of "PillowMan"?!

I wish I had a cool answer for you but its just my last name. I'm the worst at creative usernames so Pillowman it is! Thank You for all the knowledge you have shared with your books and this forum, it is truly invaluable to those of us finding our way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.