The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My goals

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
Im doing this as an excersise, I want some accountability.
So Im open to share my goals and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

First I want to BE .
All I really want is to be able to be free to work helping people, I want to become a Business coach and Life coach, that,s how I picture myself living the rest of my life,
but before I get there Ineed to HAVE something and that is, I want to be making at least 10,000 a month
to free myself from a job that is not helping me anymore.
Later on once I have mastered this platform, I want to expand onto FBA so that I can grow income to 50 k a month.
Then sell my business and develop a new one.
I want 4.2 million in the bank and investments

So waht Im DOING is getting into the self publishing business.
I have now a couple books.
Since Im doing this all on my own, due to lack of funds, Im going too slow, my goal is to be making 150 books that will provide the 10 grand a month.

Ill expand on this later...
thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZeroExile

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Sep 10, 2014
Florida
Isn't that a lot of books or am I mistaken, I thought it took around a year to create a book and publish it.

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
That's what I thought too, but doing some research I found some guys doing that.
Basically you get on non fiction and here most people want fast actionable stuff. largest books are about 40000 words.
And I can use outsourcing sites like Elance.

Last edited:

MindWarrior

Power Moves
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2015
Will be keeping an eye on your thread mate.

If you're looking for an accountability partner shoot me a PM

Stay grinding!

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
So I'm writing my third book,
My goal for this one has to have a more professional cover,
and want it done by friday, I'm almost finished.
First two honestly are that great.
I'll promote more. Planning a series.
Its a non fiction title. On a niche that is selling well and there are not many competitors.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
No you don't have to take a year to write a book. Just depends on how many pages, and the length of the book. I believe any good book worth reading will take you a year or longer if it's on specific niche and a lot of research. But, again he stated he's outsourcing, so that's not the same as writing it yourself.

Funke

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 7, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
I have KindleSpy, it's helpful but not necessary. I use it to get popular keywords from a list of titles, and to check sales ranks of competition.
It saves time but can be done manually, and the money could rather be spend on outsourcing next book.
I have also started to track my books there, but I havent analyzed the results in any way yet.

I also have AK Elite, bought it much earlier, but I think AK Elite is overpriced and KindleSpy is better.

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
Great to know that, I heard of akelite
and was also tempted to try it.
There is this tool I found, maybe you know more about it, its salesrankexpress.com, its free, and Im using it in combination with merchantwords.
Have you used them?

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
Ok, So I published the third short ebook and have one more coming this week. Its taking more time than I expected but I wanted to make sure they were right for my target niche.

I did learned a lot this time, so I like them more, what matters though its what my readers say.
Time will tell.

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
I have KindleSpy, it's helpful but not necessary. I use it to get popular keywords from a list of titles, and to check sales ranks of competition.
It saves time but can be done manually, and the money could rather be spend on outsourcing next book.
I have also started to track my books there, but I havent analyzed the results in any way yet.

I also have AK Elite, bought it much earlier, but I think AK Elite is overpriced and KindleSpy is better.

"Akelite is great, buy it"
~Other Poster Who I Won't Name

Now it's overpriced and kindlespy is better. I'm not knocking anyone here, but damn, what a dilemma. Keywords are important but so is the paltry sum of money I have in my bank account, I've got bills!

doncruz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 14, 2014
Mexico
I've got book number 4 out,
Things is, I'm getting good at this, as with everybook I'm learning a lot, and I like every new book more than the previous one, as I'm putting more care everytime, and the quality is getting nothing but better,
I have a sense of pride now everytime I see my books on the charts, competing out there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.