• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

My Goals....

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by BLK85, Oct 28, 2007.

1. BLK85

BLK85 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Here are my goals:

My biggest goal is not to work for anyone for the rest of my life. I would really like to get in to the 7 figure income but I would be fine with not having a boss for the rest of my life.

With out going into to much detail, I want to provide a service with an online business business selling certain products.

2. S928

S928 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $108
    Aside from financial independence, my main goal is now focused on being happy. For far too long, I've been wrapped in the mystic of trying to please others (i.e. family members). Yet, as I'm get older, I'm starting to realize that trying to please others simply stinks and now it's up to me to change things around. So, screw others, now it's all about "me, me, me". Happiness should always come first, then the rest will fall into place.

Obviously, financial independence is extremely attractive and one of my major goals is to achieve it. Sometimes, I feel like I'm in a rut because I'm in the military and am basically (well at least partially) enslaved for peanuts, or at least that's sometimes how it feels.

It's a bit akward when I question why financial independence is so important to me and the answer is simple: I grow up with indifferent parents and even though they were well off finacially, I always felt poor. While growing up, despite the fact that my parents were well off financially, nothing came easy. It was horrible to literally earn everything. From the age of 13, I was given a meager allowance and with that money I had to buy my own clothing and what not, basically be self-sufficient. I recall days when I'd open up the fridge and there was "nothing worthy of eating". So, basically, growing up "poor" made me want to be well off financially, because I don't want to go back to those dark days.

I'll add my name to the millions of others who don't want to be employees. I mean who in their right mind wouldn't want to be their own boss?

My overall goals: be self-employed via passive income (RE), be paritially retired by 45, own a couple of homes and last but not least have the freedom to do as I please, when I please.

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/showthread.php?p=4076#post4076

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.