The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first steps

Feudal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2012
Hi Fastlaners!

I only joined this forum a couple of days ago, picked up the book, and finished it. To be honest, the whole concept of the fastlane is all I can think about right now. I think my fastlane is online and I've been brainstorming a few concepts for websites, etc.

What I'd like some honest opinion on is my route for the site. I don't have advanced HTML knowledge, and because of this, I've done research and discovered that it's possible to create and manage a professional looking website on Wordpress (a platform I've used before), purchase a domain name and hosting, and get off the ground. Is this a viable option? What would my limits/restrictions be for housing a user base with profiles - I'm dabbling with ideas for a community.

What are the limitations or restrictions of payments or offering a membership through the site? I'm very close to starting something on Wordpress to get my feet wet, however, if those concerns of mine are not possible, I'm wondering if I should even bother with it.

Matthew

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tormat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 28, 2012
US
Whats nice about word press is that you can have a clean lokoing site up and working with just about anything without a ton of work, but because it is a scructure you do have to work within it, you can always write your owne addon (or have it written) but you can also scale up a site a bit at a time.

Just my opion, but i have set up schools and businesses alike to run with word press.

Feudal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2012
Whats nice about word press is that you can have a clean lokoing site up and working with just about anything without a ton of work, but because it is a scructure you do have to work within it, you can always write your owne addon (or have it written) but you can also scale up a site a bit at a time.

Just my opion, but i have set up schools and businesses alike to run with word press.

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to roll with it to get started. I have to make the first step somewhere. Even though right now I'm lost in the sea of ideas and brainstorming, maybe an idea will generate from simply getting experience playing around with a website and SEEING the capabilities myself.

Matthew

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.