The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first lesson that FLF taught me

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

DeletedUser052

After being in the forum for few days and reading the gold and notable threads, the first lesson the forum and the posts taught me is,

All the knowledge you possess are nothing if you don't take action, even a small one.

I wonder why it never occurred to me before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
After being in the forum for few days and reading the gold and notable threads, the first lesson the forum and the posts taught me is,

All the knowledge you possess are nothing if you don't take action, even a small one.

I wonder why it never occurred to me before.
That really never occurred to you? Did you honestly think that a head full of info would, in itself, produce results? I'm not being facetious, I'm really curious to know if that's true.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Actually small actions are macro-events and do nothing to cause change.

Small actions must be repeated to become micro-processes.

Example: I want to learn how to play piano.

Small action: Practice 20 minutes today. (Changes nothing.)
Small action repeated: Practice 20 minutes a day for the next year. (Changes everything.)

One action creates a temporary dopamine high designed to fool you about progress, the other creates results.

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

Small action repeated: Practice 20 minutes a day for the next year. (Changes everything.)

One action creates a temporary dopamine high designed to fool you about progress, the other creates results.

Mind your thoughts, for they become your words.
Mind your words, for they become your actions.
Mind your actions, for they become your habits.
Mind your habits, for they become your values.
Mind your values, for they become your destiny.

- Ghandi (I think)

D

DeletedUser052

That really never occurred to you? Did you honestly think that a head full of info would, in itself, produce results? I'm not being facetious, I'm really curious to know if that's true.
Yes yes. I had this stupid thought that having knowledge would somehow and 'someday' will manifests itself. Like waiting for that perfect time to do things and in the process just reading about how to do , what to do , how to do it 'perfectly' but actually doing nothing.

D

DeletedUser052

Got it.

Initiative and consistency.

Thank you.

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Yes yes. I had this stupid thought that having knowledge would somehow and 'someday' will manifests itself. Like waiting for that perfect time to do things and in the process just reading about how to do , what to do , how to do it 'perfectly' but actually doing nothing.
I was afraid that you were yet another casualty of the "law of attraction" nonsense, as promoted in The Secret years ago. I'm relieved and I get it. Perfectionism breed procrastination. Been there - big time. My two cents: take massive imperfect action (MIA), fail fast, fail forward.

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Perfection has held me back more than anything. My recent FTE has finally forced my hand and I'm taking imperfect actions. As a result I'm seeing some progress and finding more ways to take action.
Way to go! Keep at it!

D

DeletedUser052

I was afraid that you were yet another casualty of the "law of attraction" nonsense, as promoted in The Secret years ago. I'm relieved and I get it. Perfectionism breed procrastination. Been there - big time. My two cents: take massive imperfect action (MIA), fail fast, fail forward.

Yes. Lesson learnt.
Acting and failing is better than not starting.

Thanks.

D

DeletedUser052

Perfection has held me back more than anything. My recent FTE has finally forced my hand and I'm taking imperfect actions. As a result I'm seeing some progress and finding more ways to take action.

Good to hear brother.

Cheers.

MR curious

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 20, 2017
india
Yes yes. I had this stupid thought that having knowledge would somehow and 'someday' will manifests itself. Like waiting for that perfect time to do things and in the process just reading about how to do , what to do , how to do it 'perfectly' but actually doing nothing
just like me

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.