The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My First Goof

son_of_slim_jim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Mar 11, 2008
Ohio
Havn't posted in a while just been reading but here is something that i know about:
Messing up

When I was 10 or so, i decided i wanted to mow lawns during the summer to make some cash. I thought this was a great idea because i had seen kids around the neighborhood doing it and i figured they made some good money(at the time any money was good money to me).

So I ventured two doors down and asked the lady if she wanted me to cut her lawn for the summer. She agreed and we decided that next week I would start mowing.

Next week arrives and I get the mower out and get ready to mow thinking that this was going to be easy and it would take 15 minutes. But it was only about 15 seconds into the job when i was heard *CRASH*. My dad (Slim Jim) comes running down to me and asks me what I did. I had no clue.

We moved the mower and saw there was a nice pipe sticking out of the ground and i had hit it :eusa_clap:. My dad was happy :cuss: when we saw I bent the crank shaft. My first job was over real quick, and i fell $300 into debt with my dad.

From that point on I always walk the yard I'm going to mow. It was a lesson I'm glad i learned when my dad was still paying for them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

son_of_slim_jim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Mar 11, 2008
Ohio
Shortly after posting I went to mow a lawn. Half way into the job my mower died:wtf:. I did a quick fix with a napkin and some tape.

So now I have to either find out the real problem with this mower or buy a new one. Because i dont think my dad will let me use his anymore :nono:.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.