The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first Fastlane business (For twitch livestreamer)

Marketing, social media, advertising

mell0w

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 4, 2020
Germany
Hello Forum,

i am oliver (19) from germany. Last month i finished my education with good grades and got a full time job at a big company.
Since January i worked parallel to my final education exams on my first fastlane business after reading MJs books. I was searching on twitter on keywords for "needs".
I found a twitch streamer who searched for a developer that could create an overlay for his twitch livestreams. So long story short, i programmed an overlay for him,
he paid me and job was done. Great i traded my time for money, but then i thougt maybe other streamers are aswell interested in such overlays. The overlay i created
was like the "who wants to be a millionaire" quiz show, you could play your own quizshow, with custom questions on your livestream. I uploaded a trailer video on youtube to listen for an
echo on the market. And a little echo came back, people messaged me that they want to buy the overlay aswell. So i sold some more and didnt had to invest more time, accept for writing with those
customers and give them access to it after they paid. I created a website for it to fully automate it and 45 minutes after the website was online, a youtuber with 1.4 Million subscribers bought an overlay on my site, wich was crazy for me, because apart from the youtube video I didn't do anything to advertise it, because i wanted to make more overlays at first.
I created two more overlays, but they weren't as good as the QuizShow overlay, so no one bought it. It was because i wanted to advertise it so bad, that i just rushed the process of creating more overlays. I currently work on better overlays and ideas and a bit on marketing so more streamers become aware of it.

So maybe the story sounds good, but i only made 1100€ since January, maybe not bad for my first try.
I am now very insecure if more streamers are interested in such overlays and games for their stream, in other words they are interested but are they so interested that they are willing to pay for it? But maybe i am overthinking that and just have to create other good overlays that fill needs and make streamers/viewers entertained and happy.

If you got any feedback or ideas on how I can market this to the target group of live streamers, please let me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PhilKowalski

Always gets what he deserves
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 5, 2017
Germany
Hello Forum,

i am oliver (19) from germany. Last month i finished my education with good grades and got a full time job at a big company.
Since January i worked parallel to my final education exams on my first fastlane business after reading MJs books. I was searching on twitter on keywords for "needs".
I found a twitch streamer who searched for a developer that could create an overlay for his twitch livestreams. So long story short, i programmed an overlay for him,
he paid me and job was done. Great i traded my time for money, but then i thougt maybe other streamers are aswell interested in such overlays. The overlay i created
was like the "who wants to be a millionaire" quiz show, you could play your own quizshow, with custom questions on your livestream. I uploaded a trailer video on youtube to listen for an
echo on the market. And a little echo came back, people messaged me that they want to buy the overlay aswell. So i sold some more and didnt had to invest more time, accept for writing with those
customers and give them access to it after they paid. I created a website for it to fully automate it and 45 minutes after the website was online, a youtuber with 1.4 Million subscribers bought an overlay on my site, wich was crazy for me, because apart from the youtube video I didn't do anything to advertise it, because i wanted to make more overlays at first.
I created two more overlays, but they weren't as good as the QuizShow overlay, so no one bought it. It was because i wanted to advertise it so bad, that i just rushed the process of creating more overlays. I currently work on better overlays and ideas and a bit on marketing so more streamers become aware of it.

So maybe the story sounds good, but i only made 1100€ since January, maybe not bad for my first try.
I am now very insecure if more streamers are interested in such overlays and games for their stream, in other words they are interested but are they so interested that they are willing to pay for it? But maybe i am overthinking that and just have to create other good overlays that fill needs and make streamers/viewers entertained and happy.

If you got any feedback or ideas on how I can market this to the target group of live streamers, please let me know!
Hallo Oliver,

being a fellow German, I really liked reading your story.

To speak in MJs terms, what is your TAM (total adressable market)? That would be a good first thing to measure, to see if you're in a market that has potential for exponential growth. Maybe you want to look up who the most influential twitch users in this market are.

Then find out a way to market to them, assuming the TAM is big enough.

You also might want to consider, once you know how to market to your target group, how you can "automate" the process of creating new or even custom made (?) overlays.

Just my 0.02 though.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
maybe not selling the overlays, but an Abonnement!

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Cool!

Two things:
1. Why not double down on what's working?
2. Nurture those contacts with streamers/youtubers, maybe one day some of them will agree to promote whatever you'll come up with next.

Congrats.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.