readmeimfamous
PARKED
Hello fellow entrepreneurs,
I've just started reading the Fastlane millionaire last week and I was blown away ! This is the mindset I've applied to my life that allowed me to escape the rat race and live quite a different life.
I'd like to share my story with you guys, but first I want tell you that I'm not a millionaire and I might never be one (although I think I'm gonna make lots of money one way or another).
My name is Aurelien, I'm a 32 year old french guy and I am writing this from my girlfriend's place in Bogota, Colombia.
We all start on the slow lane
After graduating in Paris in 2003 I got a good job in a small IT company, I was making good money (much that all of my friends) and I was able to save 5 000 USD every year while traveling (Mexico, China) and going out a lot.
I started reading personal development books and learning english (french people are bad at speaking english, you know that ;-)) but I got bored and after a couple of years I switched to a sales job so I could make more money.
How a "bump" on the slow lane took me to the fast lane
Las, I got fired after a few months and I decided to turn this into an opportunity to achieve one of my dreams: to live in a foreign country.
I arrived in Sydney, Australia in september 2007 with just a backpack and a french accent, I was 28.
I quickly found a job selling artwork door to door and I saw it was good money so I set up my own sales network and I made 150 000 dollars profit in one year and a half. This allowed me to travel in Japan, New Zealand, China and Thailand.
My visa expired and I returned to France in 2009.
I had saved USD 50 000 in just over a year, the equivalent of 10 years savings in my previous job !
How I got into Internet Marketing
Back in Paris I really wanted to start a business but I couldn't find any good opportunity so I resigned to go back to work in the coporate world
Thing is, at this time I had been writing a personal blog for about 2 and a half years. At first the idea was to write about my travel in Australia but then I started to like it and I kept writing about travels and personal development, even though I was making absolutely no money out of it, and very little people were reading it !
I got a really good job offer the very same day I met a french blogger who was making between 700 USD and 1500 USD with his blog, appart from his job. I was like, "hey wait a minute, if I start working full time on my blog I'm sure I can do better than him and go to live in exotic countries while I'm still starting up".
My plan was to make USD 700 per month after 6 month and USD 1200 a month after one year.
I told my story on my blog and every month I was telling how much money I was making. This alone drew the attention of many people and I started getting more traffic and making more money each month while traveling to eastern europe.
After six months I hit the USD 1000 mark a month and I went to Colombia to spend the winter over there.
I identified the top bloggers in my niche and I befriended them and they became partners. I created an information product about how to start a blog and make money out of it, I did a first launch in october 2010 and made USD 12 000 .
I did another launch when I got back from Colombia and made another 12 000 USD, then another USD 12 000 launch in july (while traveling in Brazil). On top of that I kept making more and more money from adversiting and affiliate products (about USD 3 000 to 6 000 a month).
The plan was to do a big launch using Jeff Walker's Product Launch Formula and in october I did a launch that made USD 700 000 sales in just 2 weeks !
I'm in Colombia right now visiting my gf, I'll be back in Paris on friday and I'll go to San Diego in january to attend Jeff Walker's mastermind group. With the money I made I'm gonna hire a guy next year (funny thing, he worked for me in Australia !) so I can have more time reading, studying and doing marketing.
What do you think of my story ? As I said I'm not a millionaire (far from it), I've got USD 26 000 on my personal account and more than USD 200 000 on my company bank account but I'm confident that I'm gonna make more money and especially, I get to travel a lot, do funny things and meet AWESOME people.
I just LOVED MJ's book and I'm glad to join your community, I always love to meet ambitious people.
Cheers,
Aurelien
I hope it's not gonna be seen as cheap advertising but if you wanna check out my main blog, it's in french you can see lots of pictures and videos: it's called Read Me I'm Famous
I've just started reading the Fastlane millionaire last week and I was blown away ! This is the mindset I've applied to my life that allowed me to escape the rat race and live quite a different life.
I'd like to share my story with you guys, but first I want tell you that I'm not a millionaire and I might never be one (although I think I'm gonna make lots of money one way or another).
My name is Aurelien, I'm a 32 year old french guy and I am writing this from my girlfriend's place in Bogota, Colombia.
We all start on the slow lane
After graduating in Paris in 2003 I got a good job in a small IT company, I was making good money (much that all of my friends) and I was able to save 5 000 USD every year while traveling (Mexico, China) and going out a lot.
I started reading personal development books and learning english (french people are bad at speaking english, you know that ;-)) but I got bored and after a couple of years I switched to a sales job so I could make more money.
How a "bump" on the slow lane took me to the fast lane
Las, I got fired after a few months and I decided to turn this into an opportunity to achieve one of my dreams: to live in a foreign country.
I arrived in Sydney, Australia in september 2007 with just a backpack and a french accent, I was 28.
I quickly found a job selling artwork door to door and I saw it was good money so I set up my own sales network and I made 150 000 dollars profit in one year and a half. This allowed me to travel in Japan, New Zealand, China and Thailand.
My visa expired and I returned to France in 2009.
I had saved USD 50 000 in just over a year, the equivalent of 10 years savings in my previous job !
How I got into Internet Marketing
Back in Paris I really wanted to start a business but I couldn't find any good opportunity so I resigned to go back to work in the coporate world
Thing is, at this time I had been writing a personal blog for about 2 and a half years. At first the idea was to write about my travel in Australia but then I started to like it and I kept writing about travels and personal development, even though I was making absolutely no money out of it, and very little people were reading it !
I got a really good job offer the very same day I met a french blogger who was making between 700 USD and 1500 USD with his blog, appart from his job. I was like, "hey wait a minute, if I start working full time on my blog I'm sure I can do better than him and go to live in exotic countries while I'm still starting up".
My plan was to make USD 700 per month after 6 month and USD 1200 a month after one year.
I told my story on my blog and every month I was telling how much money I was making. This alone drew the attention of many people and I started getting more traffic and making more money each month while traveling to eastern europe.
After six months I hit the USD 1000 mark a month and I went to Colombia to spend the winter over there.
I identified the top bloggers in my niche and I befriended them and they became partners. I created an information product about how to start a blog and make money out of it, I did a first launch in october 2010 and made USD 12 000 .
I did another launch when I got back from Colombia and made another 12 000 USD, then another USD 12 000 launch in july (while traveling in Brazil). On top of that I kept making more and more money from adversiting and affiliate products (about USD 3 000 to 6 000 a month).
The plan was to do a big launch using Jeff Walker's Product Launch Formula and in october I did a launch that made USD 700 000 sales in just 2 weeks !
I'm in Colombia right now visiting my gf, I'll be back in Paris on friday and I'll go to San Diego in january to attend Jeff Walker's mastermind group. With the money I made I'm gonna hire a guy next year (funny thing, he worked for me in Australia !) so I can have more time reading, studying and doing marketing.
What do you think of my story ? As I said I'm not a millionaire (far from it), I've got USD 26 000 on my personal account and more than USD 200 000 on my company bank account but I'm confident that I'm gonna make more money and especially, I get to travel a lot, do funny things and meet AWESOME people.
I just LOVED MJ's book and I'm glad to join your community, I always love to meet ambitious people.
Cheers,
Aurelien
I hope it's not gonna be seen as cheap advertising but if you wanna check out my main blog, it's in french you can see lots of pictures and videos: it's called Read Me I'm Famous
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
