Recently I had to write a fable for my German class and I decided I'd like to share the translated version with you. Sorry if there are mistakes... I'm not too trained in writing stories in English. I hope you enjoy the text anyway!
About the pig who couldn't fly
About the pig who couldn't fly
A pig was strolling through the wood, dreaming, almost destroying an anthill.
The ants began to speak: "Hey, pig, what ye dreamin bout? Ye even know ye almost destroyed our beautiful big anthill?!"
The pig replied: "Sorry, ants...it's just... that... ah y'all can't know... oh I'd like to fly, above the clouds, beyond all blame like an eagle, spreading my wings out to see places that no pig has seen before. And I already know how to.... I have a plan... I will..."
The pig was interrupted by the ants: "Pig... you're stupid. Don't you know that pigs cannot fly? They never could. It had always been like that! That's what they have been teaching us since the year one. And we've never seen a flying pig before either. Something like that just doesn't exist, you miserable dreamer. You would have to be a bird but you are not. You are a pig. So just get out of our sight, c'mon!"
And suddenly the pig developed beautiful, colorful wings - it rose up to the sky and flew away, discovering the most beautiful places, no pig had ever seen before. Places, the ants couldn't even imagine.
The ants, who saw the flying pig didn't care about it. They just didn't believe in what they saw. So they got back to their everyday life. Because dreams never become true and pigs cannot fly - or can they?
The ants began to speak: "Hey, pig, what ye dreamin bout? Ye even know ye almost destroyed our beautiful big anthill?!"
The pig replied: "Sorry, ants...it's just... that... ah y'all can't know... oh I'd like to fly, above the clouds, beyond all blame like an eagle, spreading my wings out to see places that no pig has seen before. And I already know how to.... I have a plan... I will..."
The pig was interrupted by the ants: "Pig... you're stupid. Don't you know that pigs cannot fly? They never could. It had always been like that! That's what they have been teaching us since the year one. And we've never seen a flying pig before either. Something like that just doesn't exist, you miserable dreamer. You would have to be a bird but you are not. You are a pig. So just get out of our sight, c'mon!"
And suddenly the pig developed beautiful, colorful wings - it rose up to the sky and flew away, discovering the most beautiful places, no pig had ever seen before. Places, the ants couldn't even imagine.
The ants, who saw the flying pig didn't care about it. They just didn't believe in what they saw. So they got back to their everyday life. Because dreams never become true and pigs cannot fly - or can they?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
