What's new

My Chosen Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Vassilios

New Contributor
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
16
Rep Bank
$210
User Power: 106%
Hello Fastlaners

I read the Millionaire Fastlane about a year and a half ago while in college (so much wasted money!!). It changed the way I think about the entire world. I honestly think that after you read that book, one is well on their way to "getting it"; how the world works that is.

I've always wanted to start a business because I think their is a true beauty of being able to create ones own economy and be able to control whether the world spins fast or slow.

Most of my college career I was in a fraternity and living the lifestyle that most associate to it. I had a lot of fun, but it was in no way constructive to the me that sits here typing. These days I'm still far from using my time 100% constructively, but I'm fully aware of it and trying to improve.

During summers I worked for my mom who has a small staffing and recruiting firm in my city. I did recruiting as well as sales. She was never a good teacher so it made me a strong self learner which I believe is a great skill to have.

As my college career came to an end I realized that I didn't have any solid ideas for a business and the industry I knew most about was staffing and recruiting; primarily in the manufacturing setting. I decided that I would approach my mom to work out some sort of deal to work in her company full time.

We came to an agreement that I would take 50% equity in the business and be in charge of overall business development as she has always been very good at recruiting and hated anything related to numbers and anything analytical. For this reason the growth she experienced was very limited but I know this is where I'll complement her skill set nicely.

I'm planning on working on this business for the next 5-7 years, busting my a$$, then seeing where things stand. We will then sell, or possibly bring another partner in to be in charge of operations allowing her time to retire and me time to start another venture. Plans always change but that's where I currently stand.

The cool thing about this business is that it's relatively easy to scale and grow. Everything's relative isn't it? However, for this reason competition is through the roof. I try not to let that bother me too much, but instead I try to embrace the competition for now. Right now I am in the process of opening up a new office while she manages day to day at the current location.

I will be doing a progress thread of opening a new branch to offer any value others might find in it as well as to hold myself accountable to track what's done so I can get a set process for the next one that we open.

I want to thank MJ for creating a space that like minded people can provide thoughts and motivation. In my area, I don't know many people with my mindset so it's incredibly valuable! Also thanks to all the others that populate what would otherwise be a vacant but i'm sure still well designed forum
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom