The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Boat, My goals

kahem89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jul 20, 2011
Norway, Oslo
Hello, im gonna post my situation and goals here. This is to be honest more of a selfish reasons as I learn allot about writing about myself and also the potential of feedback from succsesfull people is golden.

Excuse my bad writing, but english is not my first language, and I didnt pay that much attention in school. To be honest the english i can write today is mostly of books i read after finishing school xD

I am 22 years old and my experience is almost 100% from sales. Sold everything using phone, going door to door, stand. But after getting business in my heart I shattered doing all the sales work and sitting with a fraction left.

I do currently live at my moms place have no work, and is 3k in debt.:banana:

If your wondering why im happy it was 20-25k lol.(gambling addiction and alcohol)

So i nead to find a job to support myself and hopefully move out.

Now that set aside my business road plan is to first read and learn basic accounting.

I have allot of ideas, but i stop at the accounting part and all the things around there. And yeah i know allot of guys say not to worry about that in the start, but for me, i nead controll. And whith litherally no money i nead to learn this considering i wont hire an accountant in the startup.

Second step is Figuring out what business to choose. Im thinking allot about the internett but my resources to pragramming is limited and also my capital. I can make minor sites like this one. Beste Kredittkort - For de Smarte, this is my affiliate web page for norwegian credit cards. But the challange here is the ideas i have for High end businesses nead more complex sites which i hope to figure out.

Im also gonna consider som offline models, but i highly nead to find some low cost startup here.

Any guys here know any book that could assist me in the process of finding a business idea?

Step 3 Massive action:cool:

Financial Goals,

1. 1miilion NOK, about 200 000 USD 1-2 years (After tax Liquid money.)

2. 30 000 000m NOK about 6 000 000m USD 3-4 years(After tax Liquid money.)

3. Getting into investmen, one of the things i like, but quite useless to explore and profit from when ur broke :) unless you are making a hedge fund:tiphat:.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AcquireCurrency

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 20, 2011
I do currently live at my moms place have no work, and is 3k in debt.

If your wondering why im happy it was 20-25k lol.(gambling addiction and alcohol)
Damn, you knocked 17-22k off your debt! Good job!

I would recommend getting a job to pay off your debt or carry on doing what you did previously. When your debt has been paid off, move onto a more fastlane route

As MJ said in a blog post, "debt kills dreams"

EDIT: If you haven't already order a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane . Unfortunatley it will probably take over a month to get to europe. I have already read the ebook and its an amazing book, just waiting for my paperback copy to arrive now

kahem89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jul 20, 2011
Norway, Oslo
Hey, thanks for answering.

My plant for the rest of the debt is paying minimum payment *2 on it and saving all extra cash. Its not realy that big amount and will be paid of fearly quickly just paying minimum payment x2. Im also eager to get started saving money neaded for startup.

Red the book, its on my list of top business book. I also liked books, from James(Nazim) Khan, Dunken Bannatyne, Richard bransoon. How come all this good author biographies comes from England :p?

bandeban

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 27, 2011
Romania
If your experience is almost 100% from sales and sold everything using phone than you should find some partner that could do the technical part.
Good sales people are wanted all over the place but make sure to choose well.
I might have some ideas for you.I'll get back to u when I'll be home( at office right now :D )

kahem89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jul 20, 2011
Norway, Oslo
Update: Debt free, and 1-2k dollars in savings accounts :p time to make shit happen hehe

kahem89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jul 20, 2011
Norway, Oslo
Oh well.. Hurts to write this update. But it is my own fault

So a year has passed.

And my situation is.

I’m 3,5k in debt. I’m unemployed, but starting a new job in a week.

Even tough I failed hard this year I have learned stuff

1. I had a huge gambling addiction which i actually gone to therapy to get rid off this year. I now consider myself a non gambler. (I think I have gambled away something around 100kUSD in my lifetime)
2. I worked on my website with an affiliate program. It has generated around 150 $/M but I have yet to manage to rank in Google. I should have put my energy developing my own product. The affiliates declines me to Pay for advertising in facebook for one. And big G don’t like my site and don’t allow me to run adds. (if I didn’t have an affiliated product it would actually be accepted by big G.)
lesson learned, Make your own product and stay in control.

well past is past so from now on….

My first goal now is to get out of debt again…
Then save up some cash and start triggering my mind to see profitable business ideas to work on.
Work on my health, start hitting the gym and quit smoking.

I`m unsure if I should continue working on my website at all, my time might be better used elsewhere. Even taught it converts pretty well, and do produce some money from the small traffic it gets.

BostonH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 30, 2012
Massachusetts
The good news is you're starting a job and you're still very young! I think you're on the right track to pay your debt off as quickly as possible (3.5k is really not that much in the grand scheme). Debt is an invisible weight on your shoulders and it feels great when you lift it.

Keep it up, and pay attention to complaints around you, there may be a business in them. Also, it sounds like you kicked gambling, maybe once unsuccessfully, and once (hopefully) successfully. It ails millions of people. Maybe you can provide some value to that population having been through it.

kahem89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jul 20, 2011
Norway, Oslo
Hey BostonH, thanks for the response. I will defiantly look for "good problems" while i pay off my debts.

There might be some potential in the making people quit gambling opportunity. Need to look more into it:)

Again thanks for the encouragement and the tip !

easystreet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 11, 2011
South Carolina
Hey Kayhem,
It is going to take a long time to fund your options with just a job, so affiliate marketing is and easy way to supplement your fund and greatly speed up the process.

You should really look into getting your website ranked. you can get to the first page of google if you snoop around "black hat world" forums and maybe drop a bit of cash (as little as $50-100 could do the trick depending on your competition level on google keyword tool.)
Basically load your blog (you do have a blog for the product, right) with bi weekly updated articles including plenty of keyword rich content, and blast it with some backlinks from a REPUTABLE link builder. A good indicator of reputation is their comments in the BHW forums. The good link builders can stay a step ahead of google. There are even cheap monthly plans that do wonders in the long run.

If you have the drive you can do it. Report back in the future to help out others once you have made some $$$!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.