The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Music that Motivates

ik5837063

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 6, 2013
Pakistan,Lahore
Eye of the tiger-Survivor
Burning heart-survivor
No easy way out-survivor
Cult of Personality-Living Color
Back in the Saddle-AeroSmith
Dont Stop Believin-Journey
Metallingus-Alter Bridge
Invincible-Machine Gun Kelly
Indestructible-Disturbed

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

The gentle art of making enemies - faith no more. always good for a pick me up :)
The attitude song - steve vai. guitar is in 7 / drums are in 2. good for twisting the mind

G

Guest3722A

wet t-shirt night - frank zappa always entertaining (at least to me) and the musicianship was always top notch
toad o-line -frank zappa (the tune after wet t-shirt night) nothing like a zappa guitar solo. and again, the musicianship was beyond...

Synz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 11, 2014
For reading, I can't listen to anything with lyrics or I just find myself getting distracted. Listening to a faster instrumental is generally good, since it gets the whole system moving to a fast beat. In general I like all kinds of music, but aggression and energy are what draw me in. When I'm writing, anything loud and out of the ordinary is good. The same old thing just ain't for me. As a musician myself, I have a solid appreciation for the work that goes into making a track available to the public. The live show is what draws me in, so theatrical performances add points in my book.

Some of the stuff I've been listening to recently

G

Guest3722A

Frank Zappa - Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up. Again, the musicianship is incredible. Reggae rhythms to an extreme backing a love song

Seeing I'm in this fusion mode, here's one from a lost group, also with top notch players. This tune was literally one of my cruising tunes. It just has that feeling of freedom - at least for me

Pat Metheney - Cross The Heartland

And speaking of cruising and fusion:

Jeff Beck - Freeway Jam

and here's one for weirdos:

Laurie Anderson - O Superman

G

Guest3722A

Music/ Motivation? I'm all about this thread.

The alarm blares out noise as you wake up. Your mind begins racing on activities, projects, and ideas but one thing is fursure, if you're not feeling like kicking a$$ shortly after you wake up, then your going to have a rough day.

Listening to motivational speeches in the morning is crucial to getting fired up to take on the big guys.

I'm not talking about some old speech by MLK. (not bashing. I read and studied his "i have a dream speech" last night and was very moved and inspired).

These are epic speeches with music by Hans Zimmerman, featuring rolling kettle drums, crashing cymbals, symphonic and driving brass melodies all incorporating the inspiring thoughts and ideas of past and present business leaders, athletes and overall successful people.

If your looking for a place to start then go on 8TRACKS and search "motivational speech" and start saving a few playlists you like.

Gonna have to throw on a playlist right now....

Good stuff man! Thank you for that (rep)

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I listen to Machine Gun Kelly during my morning workout. Pe$o gets me pumped. For reading and studying i switch to classical or ambient/new age music.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013

This is my 'defiant smile and a raised middle finger' song. For when I'm in the middle of a hated, but necessary task.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
This probably sounds goofy, but the Fight Club soundtrack is incredible.

The whole thing is just the Chemical Brothers. It gets you focused, and pumped at the same time - its almost hard to describe.

I've personally always liked instrumental music when it comes to doing stuff. My brain is too small to think and hear words at the same time....

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
One of my favorites: Don't worry child!
Tom Starr & Kryder.

Especially watching the Hockey motivational video.
What do goalies and hockey players do best? There always focused. They don't pay attention to the audience, and move in and out of the opponents and obstacles until they reach their goal.

When I write my poetry I listen to just about everything.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Nice. Kind of an Arnold meets the cookie monster vocalist

:joyful: I never thought of cookie monster, but I can hear a similarity now.

Totally different vibe with this song, but if you listen to the lyrics it's motivating .

Side note: The band is from Isla Vista, California. Good vibes :happy:

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013

'...And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.'

Not really a positive motivator. But I am not the guy mentioned above, and I will never allow myself to be.

G

Guest3722A

'...And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.'

Not really a positive motivator. But I am not the guy mentioned above, and I will never allow myself to be.

So true. I don't know if you have ever tried this, and its kinda cool, but along with The wizard of oz dvd, Dark side of the moon plays along to the movie when the cd starts on the first roar of the lion.

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
I find the UK Dragons den theme tune motivates me. As I have watched the show lot of times, it reminds me of hard work and entrepreneurship!

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
This!
The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes

"Give em hell, turn their heads
Gonna live life 'til we're dead.
Give me scars, give me pain
Then they'll say to me, say to me, say to me
There goes the fighter, there goes the fighter
Here comes the fighter
That's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me,
This one's a fighter"

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Thought I'd bring this sweet thread back.

I'm normally a rock and rap guy but for some reason upbeat IndiePop really has been dominating me lately and always gets me feeling optimistic.

:cool:

Last edited:

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
You wanna get pumped?