The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Music Entrepreneur process and execution.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Lundi Tsotso

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 2, 2018
Hi @MJ DeMarco this is my very first post since I've been on the forum.

I am from Cape Town, South Africa.

Firstly I would like to confess I did not listen to you and committed the "cardinal sin" of quitting my day job before execution. Now I know first hand why you say don't quit your day job.

I'm up to my ears in debt and the bank wants the house, i'm in a very messy situation which could've been avoided had I listened to your advice.

But on a more positive note, me quitting me job led me to where i am today. Ever since i quit my job i was able to do what i love best and that is to make music!

Initially I was just making music because it made me feel good and had no intention with it, I just put my stuff up on SoundCloud. A couple of weeks ago I got a message from Nick Holder a prominent house music producer from Canada #namedrop and he liked my stuff and advised to put put my music up on Bandcamp.

This was just what I needed, the jolt to push me in the right direction. The beautiful part is that I had about 30 songs done that I could choose from which was heaven!

Fast forward to today, I have a completed music project done almost exclusively by my self. All the music is produced by me all the engineering was done by me entirely except for 3 songs, I even designed the cd cover by myself #brokeartist coz I didn't have money for a graphics designer.

This was an absolutely beautiful execution experience for me because most of the time I wasn't even aware I was executing. It's been a rough journey financially though but things are turning around.

This is my asset and product I am contributing to the world. The music is soulful deep house and I have released it to all major platforms. It'll be on Spotify in a week or so though coz they take longer to clear artists.

This is my execution story, I didn't want to just post for the sake of posting without anything of substance to add.

All that is left now is scaling my product getting it to as much ears as possible and getting as many sales as possible. My aim is getting over 500000 copies sold and I think that is not a major milestone to achieve.

All I ask from my fellow fastlaners is support, please help me get my music out there to as many ears as possible, the rest will take care of itself.

Here's a link to my album: Nostaljiq Expressions, Vol. 1 by Nostaljiq Souls

For any fastlaners who love deephouse music this one is for you! Straight from South Africa

My music speaks for itself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Lundi Tsotso

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 2, 2018
Hmm is this your chanel? (I put the album name in YT search)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36mxxTrHM4U

Good songs
Hi There, i trust you good. sorry for the long reply been working hard on new music. No this this the generic channel the Distrokid my distributer creates.
This is my channel NostaljiQ Souls - YouTube

Thank you very much!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lundi Tsotso

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 2, 2018
Hello I'm back again with an update.

I have just release a new Single titles 'God In Me'. I need help marketing.

My Song is live on all platforms including Amazon.

God In Me (feat. Rev. Richard Imprescia) by Nostaljiq Souls on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

My Numbers are as follows: I want to Target 26-36 year old's 70% males and 30% females

Can the form please Help with respect to fb ads, google, twitter etc. what is the best strategy to go about it because im going in blind. i dont want to just through money into marketing willi nilli.

@MJ DeMarco can you please help

Attachments

• cover art - Copy.png
    cover art - Copy.png
    963.1 KB · Views: 0

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Reditt might be a good option, thanks for the good tunes!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.