The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mover Fees are outrageous

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jul 12, 2022
Renting a uhaul and here's their offers of moving help. >$100/h per person seems really high. That's what I'd expect for the trades: plumber, electrician, etc. Seems like a great opportunity for young folks!

1680197235667.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Renting a uhaul and here's their offers of moving help. >$100/h per person seems really high. That's what I'd expect for the trades: plumber, electrician, etc. Seems like a great opportunity for young folks!

View attachment 48057

And a portion of that time is just them driving!

I paid $500 to move one bedroom worth of stuff 30 miles. They charged for the trip driving to my first house too!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Proves that there is a premium paid on the organization of tools and labor to solve a problem. Most movers make minimum wage, far from the $300/hour offer listed here.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Proves that there is a premium paid on the organization of tools and labor to solve a problem. Most movers make minimum wage, far from the $300/hour offer listed here.
Almost feeling the urge to move to U.S. to be a mover seeing the post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Moved my in-laws just last month. Paid for a local best moving company “You Move Me”. Catchy name and owned by Brian Scudamore (same Brian that’s known for 1-800-got-junk).

The fee is astronomical compared to a “google search results”. They are the most expensive group out here, by a margin! And I’ve used them now 3 times. Because they do great work. No damage to furniture, amazing attitude, all equipment there, good trucks, plenty of people… it’s amazing all around. They even packed clothes, and unpacked them! It’s hands off, luxurious move without the typical bullshit we used to deal with.

You can get half price movers. But these guys nailed their value skew. Their offering is unmatched by the competition.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.