The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivation: The LONG Grind Turns into a FAST Hustle

Anything related to matters of the mind

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
One thing I struggle with a lot is the LONG grind it takes when I am first learning something.

My first product took me over 3 months to validate, 2 months to build, and 6 months of conversion optimization. That was about a year of work, to generate about $500-$1500/month (avg. $750/month or so).

My next venture was a "niche site" and that took me about a week to validate, 2 months to build, and 4 months of waiting until I got to a point where I was pursued by an affiliate program for lead generation. It went from $0 to $400/month with only about 2 months of work. Much less time.

When I first started writing copy for my first venture, it took me about 2 weeks to write an article, sales page, etc.

I just finished a piece of sales copy in about 15 minutes and it's better than any of the copy that took 2 weeks when I was writing for my first venture.

It does get easier over time. Just keep your head down and keep working on the skills.

It helps me to remember this sometimes when I feel like I am working on something for weeks with little results.

Thought someone else might be happy to hear it, since it helps me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tranquil43

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Jul 19, 2012
New York City
I've experienced the same thing on my end. Took me forever just to build a site. Now I can do so no problem and focus on the next steps.

Knowledge and ability to execute is exponential. Once you know how to do "one" thing, you've likely acquired the skill to do many other things as well.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Just like MJ writes in the book - Its all about the process, right?

Processes are repeatable, and get easier every time.

I've had very similar experiences with sites, and I can't wait to start having them with things like starting businesses.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Its always toughest in the beginning. Once you get used to it, you go in HAM.

GuestUser201

BRAAP!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 26, 2014
Park City, Utah
Good thread. It's true, the more you do something, the better and faster you become.
This is why there is no competition! Nearly no one is willing to endure those first few attempts at something because it's "too hard."

It's all about stacking up your persistence. You can apply this to working out, creating art, speed reading, building businesses, etc.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
When you say, 4 months to build. Building=coding ? And you coded the site yourself?
The niche site?

2 months which included about 2 days of building a wordpress site, and 6 weeks of populating it with articles and content that I created to serve the niche.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I see, thank you.

are you a developer?

I dunno why, but I got the feeling that you are. If so, I come from an engineering background and wanted to share something with you quickly that may shock/upset you:

Coding is rarely the hard part.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
are you a developer?

I dunno why, but I got the feeling that you are. If so, I come from an engineering background and wanted to share something with you quickly that may shock/upset you:

Coding is rarely the hard part.

Someone asked me why I don't think coding is the hard part in a PM.

I figured others might be interested in my lowly opinion...so here's the opinion of this poor entrepreneur on why coding isn't the hard part...

-----------------------------

The hard part is solving a problem where there is a need, and putting the solution in front of the people who suffer from that problem and get them to say "YES I REALLY NEED THAT, TAKE MY MONEY".

hDD5A5C4F

If you can do that, you get sales before you even have anything programmed at all. Then you can just HIRE people to write the code and be your coding/testing monkeys.

You want to be the idea guy. The guy who knows what the problem is and how to solve it.

Now if you want to code b/c you like to code, that's great. But its not the hard part. Not by a long shot. That's why an Indian in Bangladesh will do it for $3/hour or even $40/hour.

But people who IDENTIFY the problem, and IDENTIFY a profitable solution, AND find a way to MAKE IT HAPPEN are the ones who get rich.

Not the coder, not the designers, not the engineer...not even the operations guy. THE GUY WHO GETS PEOPLE TO SAY "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY F*^KING MONEY"

But I'm struggling to make profits right now as it is...this is just my opinion. Hopefully I can point to more success in the future, where this opinion is worth more...so take it for what it's worth. :)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.