The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Most in the US took Polio vaccine in the 50's; Why not Covid vaccine now? Theory and prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted85763

In the 1950's in the US most people took the Polio vaccine, even though at one point there was a tragic incident with the vaccine There was nothing of the vaccine hesitancy and refusal we see now.

Why? I believe two things: One, during the 1960's the government lost a lot of trust, particularly among younger Americans. The government lies of the Vietnam war were traumatic and were not forgotten. Two, the "mind expansion" of the 1960's gave people original and individual thought. That new individual thought included diverse thoughts on diverse subjects. Prominent examples include casual clothing styles, new music genres, caring for the environment and alternative education. In 1965 just thousands of students were home schooled. By 1970 there were millions! People learned to think, right or wrong conclusions, for themselves in the 1960's.

So today that is why we are seeing 100 million people or more refusing to get vaxinated. This is regardless of the internet which is a comprehensive mode of information sharing world-wide on all subjects. But what the printing press did in history, to create the second stage of the social world (The American Revolution*), the internet is ushering in the third stage of social world. It is getting very difficult to hide anything today. Information is becoming very "efficient", like the stock market.

Today with the efficiency of information all it will take is a major abuse(s) to cause world-wide change. What this abuse will be I can not predict but it will happen because abuses exist and will continue to exist until there is a world-wide change to the third state of social evolution - people doing whatever they want, as long as it does not violate the rights of anyone else.

*The America Revolution was a direct result of information sharing of social philosophers writings (e.g. the pursuit of happiness) that interfaced with the abuses of the monarchy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
In the 1950's in the US most people took the Polio vaccine, even though at one point there was a tragic incident with the vaccine There was nothing of the vaccine hesitancy and refusal we see now.

Why? I believe two things: One, during the 1960's the government lost a lot of trust, particularly among younger Americans. The government lies of the Vietnam war were traumatic and were not forgotten. Two, the "mind expansion" of the 1960's gave people original and individual thought. That new individual thought included diverse thoughts on diverse subjects. Prominent examples include casual clothing styles, new music genres, caring for the environment and alternative education. In 1965 just thousands of students were home schooled. By 1970 there were millions! People learned to think, right or wrong conclusions, for themselves in the 1960's.

So today that is why we are seeing 100 million people or more refusing to get vaxinated. This is regardless of the internet which is a comprehensive mode of information sharing world-wide on all subjects. But what the printing press did in history, to create the second stage of the social world (The American Revolution*), the internet is ushering in the third stage of social world. It is getting very difficult to hide anything today. Information is becoming very "efficient", like the stock market.

Today with the efficiency of information all it will take is a major abuse(s) to cause world-wide change. What this abuse will be I can not predict but it will happen because abuses exist and will continue to exist until there is a world-wide change to the third state of social evolution - people doing whatever they want, as long as it does not violate the rights of anyone else.

*The America Revolution was a direct result of information sharing of social philosophers writings (e.g. the pursuit of happiness) that interfaced with the abuses of the monarchy.
Did you live during the 1960s? I did. I saw the social changes up close and personal? Did your friends go to Vietnam? Mine did. Do you remember the day that John F. Kennedy died? Or the day that ML King died? I remember both days. But, I don't think that the 1960s have anything to do with this situation.

Each generation has had a group of young people who have created a counter culture... the beatniks; the bums that traveled the train system before that; the settlers moving west; the Pilgrims that came to the new world; etc. In my area, we had a guy that disappeared into the woods around WWII ,refusing to be drafted -- saying come find me if you can. He came out after the war and went on with his life. This has been happening since the beginning of time.

Yes, I got the polio shot in the early 1960s. I have the scar on my arm. But, this time it's different. Yes, I got the Covid shots earlier this year. My husband hasn't. It's is different because this Covid shot has unknown risks. And information about different aspects of this situation is being suppressed, both on the net and in the media. Who knows what the truth really is? Only time will tell over the long haul when whole thing shakes out. In the meantime, a small group of people are trying to "craft" the messaging and I really don't trust them.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say "world-wide change to the third state of social evolution". What is that and what does it have to do with getting a shot?

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

I think people were less educated in the past and trusted a lot of expert opinions, which are getting slowly more eroded these days.

1) There is a lot of self-education on the internet that level the playing fields between average person and expert.

2)People are realizing that experts and the companies/industries have their own agenda which often is not line with the interest of the users/patients. One example that is still happening today is how some (if not most) dentists advise aggressive remedy treatments which are questioned by others if these expensive and invasive procedures are really necessary. People are beginning to realize that doctors these days in many clinics have "sales quota" to hit.

But of course there are side effects as well. A lot people can be misinformed. Many times they are just replacing "expert opinion" with "influencer opinion" which can be paid advertising with an agenda, or just preaching music to the choir to retain the audience who wish to confirm their bias.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I think people were less educated in the past and trusted a lot of expert opinions, which are getting slowly more eroded these days.

1) There is a lot of self-education on the internet that level the playing fields between average person and expert.

2)People are realizing that experts and the companies/industries have their own agenda which often is not line with the interest of the users/patients. One example that is still happening today is how some (if not most) dentists advise aggressive remedy treatments which are questioned by others if these expensive and invasive procedures are really necessary. People are beginning to realize that doctors these days in many clinics have "sales quota" to hit.

But of course there are side effects as well. A lot people can be misinformed. Many times they are just replacing "expert opinion" with "influencer opinion" which can be paid advertising with an agenda, or just preaching music to the choir to retain the audience who wish to confirm their bias.
I disagree. I grew up in rural America. We didn't trust "experts" or outsiders. We didn't have TV service. We did have some radio and a weekly newspaper. Outsiders were not welcome nor accepted in our community. You either came for there, or you didn't belong.

We were a lot more proactive and self-sufficient. We grew most of our own food. We put up (preserved) that food for the winter. We had cows for milk and meat. We had chickens for our eggs and meat. We hunted and fished. What we didn't produce, we mostly got in trade using what we did have.

Unless we were literally dying or had a compound fracture, we didn't see a doctor. The medical profession was very limited. School school aged kids routinely had a whole series of illnesses -- chicken pox, mumps, measles, etc. I took them all home to my younger brother before he was old enough to go to school. Before the polio vaccine, that was common too. A lot of births happened at home without an attending doctor. When I had to have surgery at 8 years old, there was only ether for an anesthesia. And penicillin was the only antibiotic available. X-ray machines were VERY rare. We had to go to the big city for that.

When we had questions or emotional problems, we talked to our preacher at our church -- if we did anything at all. If anything, the preacher called a prayer circle in to pray over the person.

There were no armies of "experts". Before the GI bill, a college education was very rare and horribly expensive. Only rich people in our world were able to obtain higher education. During my parent's lifetimes, a high school education became more common -- but still optional. My maternal grandparents only had elementary educations. My paternal grandmother was functionally illiterate.

My dad went and got his degree & teaching credential under the GI Bill about the time my younger brother was born. We had to live in a large city during those years. -- although we still had our cows in our back yard for our milk and meat. My mom worked to help support us -- which was very rare for that day. We lived in a 2 room shack with no bathroom -- but we did have running water in our kitchen sink from our well. Dad finally built us an indoor bathroom. It was all very exciting.

The world I grew up in had no experts -- good or bad. It's was a completely different life then.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

There are a lot of reasons, too many to list, that someone might pause before blindly trusting authority here in the USA (and even more reasons in other countries with worse track records).

Here is a random collection, albeit small, of those reasons:

Tuskegee Syphilis Study - Wikipedia (probably the most relevant and notable)

Not to mention all of the ways the media has lied to us since Trump came into office.

Or all of the ways that Trump's policies were condemned as "pure evil," only to be copied almost exactly by the Biden administration, to glowing praise.

"Kids in cages" -> migrant facilities

Travel ban for COVID is racist when Trump does it -> now banning travel is "good" for public safety and health when Biden does it

"Lab leak theory is outrageous and is a dangerous conspiracy theory" -> Lab leak theory could be credible and is being investigated by the same people who said it was a joke

"Operation Warpspeed is too fast! Trump is rushing the vaccine process!" -> Now: Biden takes credit for the vaccine rollout started by the Trump administration.

(And yes, Trump and the R's have recommended the vaccine, but people are still questioning it, with good reason)

OH, or how about how Biden's son Hunter had all sorts of criminal evidence leaked and none of it was investigated or mentioned anywhere, and Wikipedia has zero entries for Biden scandals?

And Burisma, instead of being a scandal revolving around the Biden family selling influence to foreign governments, became a scandal revolving around Trump because he questioned it? Lol

And on, and on, and on.

In reality, there's very little TO trust, on either side, and the corporate media is putty in the government's hand.

Almost forgot:
this vaccine has zero liability for the manufacturers, it is only under EUA, not FDA-approved, uses a new type of technology we have never received in other vaccines, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I'm not sure if you looked online but there are hundreds of cases of people who took the vaccine and something has happened them.

The internet wasn't around in the 60's so the average Joe couldn't tell his story.

Now anyone can go on Instagram or social media and make video of what happened to them like the girl called Georgiaroses on Instagram who lost her ability to walk after her second dose of the jab.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Dude, give it a f*cking rest.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content