The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Most efficient way of using my meager 10 days of vacation?

A post of a ranting nature...

Most efficient way of using my meager 10 days of vacation this year?

• Take week to produce Udemy Course full time no distractions. Launch ASAP. Have results 4 Summit.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Give myself several long weekends throughout the year with 5 of the days to stay sane

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Free a week for handling house-hack purchase/move

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Disappear somewhere for a week, like, a real vacation. Which I haven't had in forever. I want :(

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Would like to know what you think...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Here's my two cents...

Option 4 is the worst in my opinion. If you use all days on a vacation, you could end up with an overload of things to do when you get back and you're out of your vacation days.

I also don't think Option 3 is that great because by giving yourself a week I think it gives you too much time when I'm assuming you either have weekends off or at least more time on the weekend vs weekdays. (Parkinson's Law)

I would personally do option 2. Keeps you sane with the longer weekend, whether it be a short 3 day trip or to take care of things... and you won't have the extra stress of planning a 10 day trip.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
what is the 'outcome' / 'ultimate goal' you must achieve in this time period?

do whatever is needed to make that happen.

once achieved, take your vacation (make it one of your 'outcome's)

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I also don't think Option 3 is that great because by giving yourself a week I think it gives you too much time when I'm assuming you either have weekends off or at least more time on the weekend vs weekdays. (Parkinson's Law)

Good point. I've never needed more than a weekend to move (I don't have much stuff) it's just that those were all rentals, now that it will be my own place idk if it would be useful to have extra days in case I have to start trying to get tenants, fix some stuff, etc.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Oof votes are so split.
what is the 'outcome' / 'ultimate goal' you must achieve in this time period?

do whatever is needed to make that happen.

once achieved, take your vacation (make it one of your 'outcome's)

As long as nobody hollers at me I've put in the calendar I'll take the 2nd and the 3rd. That gives me from Jan 1 to next Monday to work on recording the course without interruptions. I also forgot I get 4 "floating holidays" for whatever so I'll use two of those instead of vaca days.

And the sooner I launch it in January the more info on it I can gather for feedback at the Summit.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Get a better job with more flex vacation options. I am currently having negative vacations yet my work allow me to flex my vacation time from the future to make it up, this is on top of 3 weeks of vacation plus 3 days of paid sick time. Not all work are made equal it seems.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Get a better job with more flex vacation options. I am currently having negative vacations yet my work allow me to flex my vacation time from the future to make it up, this is on top of 3 weeks of vacation plus 3 days of paid sick time. Not all work are made equal it seems.

giphy.gif

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
Tough call chica. I had booked a flight and airbnb to Hawaii directly after Summit, and cancelled it yesterday morning lol (WAY too expensive)

On the one hand I'd like to travel while I'm young, and I hate the idea of living for tomorrow, but on the other hand, the sooner I make decisions that will allow me to make money, the sooner I can be free of my job and laugh at decisions like whether or not to go somewhere.

That probably wasn't helpful...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.