So I'm sitting on here instead of getting on with what I'm supposed to be doing, and figured I would ask how others keep on the grind for such monotonous tasks.
For example, in my particular case, I cannot create something that will do this for me, and short of outsourcing the task (i need it done properly + no funds at this stage) , I'm stuck here with over 12,000 google search to perform and record.
Now, I've automated the process of google-ing (i just have to now click 12,000 links instead of writing 12,000 google searches ... a step forward) but the actual task of filtering those results and then grabbing and documenting the info i need, is needless to say, a tad monotonous and time consuming.
Now, if i grind at this, i should have this done in a month. but how do you guys stay focused for such a task?
For me, its putting on repetitive music that isn't too distracting... trance, dance etc.
That and taking a break every 2 hours or so, getting away from the PC for a good 15-30 minutes, then getting right back on it. But i can only ever do this for about 6 hours before wanting to call it a day.
So, any tips on staying motivated for such boring and mind numbing tasks? I honestly cannot see how people can do data input for a living, this stuff is killing me!
For example, in my particular case, I cannot create something that will do this for me, and short of outsourcing the task (i need it done properly + no funds at this stage) , I'm stuck here with over 12,000 google search to perform and record.
Now, I've automated the process of google-ing (i just have to now click 12,000 links instead of writing 12,000 google searches ... a step forward) but the actual task of filtering those results and then grabbing and documenting the info i need, is needless to say, a tad monotonous and time consuming.
Now, if i grind at this, i should have this done in a month. but how do you guys stay focused for such a task?
For me, its putting on repetitive music that isn't too distracting... trance, dance etc.
That and taking a break every 2 hours or so, getting away from the PC for a good 15-30 minutes, then getting right back on it. But i can only ever do this for about 6 hours before wanting to call it a day.
So, any tips on staying motivated for such boring and mind numbing tasks? I honestly cannot see how people can do data input for a living, this stuff is killing me!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
