The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money Online - What to know

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
My whole method of "doing everything at once" for my website is just leaving me at a stalemate; There is so much to learn. Because of this I've decided to go about producing it in stages and it'd look something like this:

-Research SEO take notes of important things
-Implement into website
-Check out more advanced SEO thing and implement them

-Then next aspect in a 3 day phase like that.

While I won't hold a strict 3 days phase like that on everything that is just an example. I tend to try to learn as I implement and I'm realizing that just overwhelms me and then I stop working on it so it's time to learn, then implement.

To sum this up, what are different things that must (should) be known when producing a website in order to get traffic, and just overall a good website.

Thanks for any help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Moneymaka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jul 22, 2009
If you're targetting a specific audience, then picking good keywords is necessary.

If it's a blog or something similar, then daily fresh content is also a must.

Domain age, pagerank and amount of backlinks are also important if you want to rank well in any search engine. The name of the domain can also give you an extra boost if it contains one of your main keywords.

For the website itself, you'll want to put your keywords on the main page, but ofcourse not overdo it. I'm pretty sure that keywords written in bold will be helpfull. Also use important keywords within your header tags.

Also, do some research about Meta tags and linkwheels, though i'm not sure if linkwheels are recommended.

I've also heard a rumor about google ranking your website higher if you have a link to wikipedia somewhere on your website.

That's all i can think of right now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.