The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money & Food

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Got some rice for a buck at the dollar store (bunch of these) and popcorn for a dollar, way cheaper than the big name stores although it's a ton of traveling for me to go there so time wise it's not exactly worth it.

Spent $29 bucks on 2 boxes of chicken strips (actually got ripped off by the cashier now that I'm looking at the receipt) It was marked as $9.99, oh well thanks!

And at a different store spent $84 which I'm hoping will last me for the rest of the week.

Hot dogs, bread, strawberry jam, tons of juice that I feel gives me some sort of brain boost, chicken pasta...

bananas, pizza pops, bacon (been craving it for a long time so I caved) eggs & Cliff bars (interesting enough I looked into this company and they rejected a $120 million buyout) worth a read since this is an entrepreneur forum! & a couple of red bulls, also from another time I got carrots that made my stomach a bit uneasy & cucumbers, not really tasty but I guess they're healthy?

$113 total ++ the $10 bucks or something for the rice, cant find my receipt...

@Ninjakid superstore is kinda far for me but i'll go and see if its worth the trip for me next time i go out.

Starbucks vs Grocery shopping, I'm a total sucker for the bacon eggs at Starbucks, they're $5.25 & getting a massive loaf of bread + eggs (dozen) is $6.78 ($1.2 difference) quite a difference!

Have you tried online grocery delivery? Was game changer for me, but I live right to the Safeway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Side note, I noticed alot of the big name brands had super colorful marketing and looked very appealing.

Next time you guys go out shopping soak it in. Think about the marketing aspect of groceries, it's really interesting.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Have you tried online grocery delivery? Was game changer for me, but I live right to the Safeway.

I've never heard of this hmm, Ill look into that

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Got some rice for a buck at the dollar store (bunch of these) and popcorn for a dollar, way cheaper than the big name stores although it's a ton of traveling for me to go there so time wise it's not exactly worth it.

Spent $29 bucks on 2 boxes of chicken strips (actually got ripped off by the cashier now that I'm looking at the receipt) It was marked as $9.99, oh well thanks!

And at a different store spent $84 which I'm hoping will last me for the rest of the week.

Hot dogs, bread, strawberry jam, tons of juice that I feel gives me some sort of brain boost, chicken pasta...

bananas, pizza pops, bacon (been craving it for a long time so I caved) eggs & Cliff bars (interesting enough I looked into this company and they rejected a $120 million buyout) worth a read since this is an entrepreneur forum! & a couple of red bulls, also from another time I got carrots that made my stomach a bit uneasy & cucumbers, not really tasty but I guess they're healthy?

$113 total ++ the $10 bucks or something for the rice, cant find my receipt...

@Ninjakid superstore is kinda far for me but i'll go and see if its worth the trip for me next time i go out.
Ah okay. They give deals on stuff that's close to the expiry date, because they have to get rid of it. But stuff like yogurt is good even two weeks past the date sometimes. Other stores probably do the same thing!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Oddly enough I was just having this thought as I walked up the street from my house to get a coffee at Starbucks.

If money was no issue in my life, ideally I'd have a chef with a set salary for the year to make me meals 7 days a week.

Not exactly there right now tho :D
Completely missing the point

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
This cost me roughly $20.00 from Walmart and its delicious Keto Food
- SteamFresh microwaveable brussel sprouts
- Frozen Cauliflower rice (I turned it to fried rice)
- Beef chuck pot roast (12-15 bucks for 2+ lb of meat)
- 3 whole eggs

Attachments

• 096F7682-2FB2-460F-806E-6E5E0C9D5E07.jpeg
    096F7682-2FB2-460F-806E-6E5E0C9D5E07.jpeg
    612.6 KB · Views: 5

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.