The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money Back guarantee on Craigslist?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

LouieLouie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
May 30, 2014
Fort Collins Colorado
I am testing a little side hustle, flipping on craigslist (Lambo Thread)

Currently I have an ATV I bought for $4k I think I can get $5k really easy but might be able to get $6k with the right marketing.

I was thinking of doing some powerful copy including a 30 day money back guarantee.......

But not sure, seems there might be a risk on craigslist due to spams...... but can't think of how this might play out.

To test?
or
Not to test?

Any insight would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
I have never heard of such a thing from a private seller. Having sold lots of new & used stuff on eBay, I have only offered returns on new items.

What will you offer 30 day money back for any reason? I say people will buy it, use it and return.

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
Good product or good copy won't need a 30 day money back guarantee. People will buy regardless.

For Craigslist though, I wouldn't recommend a guarantee on any item if you are going to stand by your word. Buyers will use and abuse what they buy (especially a motorized product) and ask for a refund.

Provide value in something other than a guarantee.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I've sold a considerable amount of items on Craigslist. You will almost certainly get two kinds.

1. Mild Spam: The "is it still available" crew.
If you'd rather not waste precious time with these pesky emails, then address it very clearly in your listing.
Something along the lines of "The item is available if this listing is still active."

2. The Petty Scam: This guy is constantly on a business trip in some far away land, and wants to pay via Paypal or check.
He'll most likely tell you his life story as well. This group can be risky to the gullible.

Other than these, Craigslist doesn't present significant risks (if you're cautious).
As long as you don't agree to drive the ATV to meet at some isolated place, safety risks should be minimal.

There's no financial risk in listing at whatever amount, so I'd recommend listing it at least $6.5k - $7k.
After negotiation, you might get your ideal price of $6k. Starting at $6k would make it an uphill battle.

Offer verifiable reasons why the ATV is a great buy. Don't offer any money back guarantee whatsoever. Don't even mention or allude to it.
Such sales should always be final. Except you significantly misrepresent the item.

Put that listing out and make that money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.