I need connectivity for a laptop while I travel and I'm often not near Wifi (public or otherwise).
I was in a similar situation about five years ago and was issued a Verizon 'MiFi' but that was back in the days of 3G so speed wasn't great.
Any suggestions for laptop connectivity now? I've got 4G coverage most of the day so curious if using my iPhone as a hotspot is any good? Have the Mifi/Jetpack solutions improved? What do you pay per month for unlimited data?
Uses during the day will mostly be basic web applications, small (documents) uploads/downloads to DropBox and the like. Nothing intense. Using my own hotspot (that I'll hide) will also allow me to avoid a VPN for most of the day.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
I was in a similar situation about five years ago and was issued a Verizon 'MiFi' but that was back in the days of 3G so speed wasn't great.
Any suggestions for laptop connectivity now? I've got 4G coverage most of the day so curious if using my iPhone as a hotspot is any good? Have the Mifi/Jetpack solutions improved? What do you pay per month for unlimited data?
Uses during the day will mostly be basic web applications, small (documents) uploads/downloads to DropBox and the like. Nothing intense. Using my own hotspot (that I'll hide) will also allow me to avoid a VPN for most of the day.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
