The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mobile App Business- Marketing strategy

Marketing, social media, advertising

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Hey guys,

I have posted this on the general forum, so just want to get it out there and get some advice.
Stumbled across this forum whilst google searching and would love some advice or anything that can help me in my pursuit for financial freedom.

I had a lightbulb idea for a Mobile App about 3 months ago and just went for the plunge and acted upon it. Did my research and communicated with a few companies who were interested in my idea, but eventually found an American App developer company ( I’m from UK ) that was interested in my App concept and they agreed to take it on.

We are currently in the Prototype stage at the moment, sorting out marketing strategies and revenue module. All getting pitch prepared for an Angel investor to fund the appropriate money to advance to the next stage and build the App completely so it will be ready to go live on the App Store.

Still a long way off this stage at the moment, but with everything, I’m obviously planning my strategies and doing as much research as I can. Reading up on mobile App books and business books.

I will be looking at building this into my own business. That’s certainly my goal and visual dream for the future. At 33 years of age, I am sick and tired of working long night shifts etc, working for a horrible boss. Life’s not terrible by all means, but I got a plan where I want financial freedom and I’m going for it.

Just wondering are there any similar sort of entrepreneurs on here that have opened up a business for Mobile apps or even websites ?

Any advice on how you started ?

Also advice on marketing strategies and how to really promote it ? We’re looking at getting sign ups before we apply for investors, Is this the way to go?

Much appreciated guys

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jessie Hookie

New Contributor
Jul 31, 2019
App marketing strategies:

Research target market.

To start marketing your app, you should define your target audience. Don’t try to reach everyone. Choose a particular group of consumers at which your product is aimed and create their profile. Define such important details as demographics, psychographics, habits, lifestyle. The effect will be stronger if you attract the target audience instead of all the people.
Perform competitor research.
Knowing about your competitors will help you to communicate with your target audience, distinguish your business from competitors, improve your processes, and navigate challenges in your market. Determine their main advantages and try to improve on them.
Create a landing page that sells.
Create a mobile app landing page that keeps readers informed in a creative and unexpected way. Make sure that the key elements of your mobile app landing page are included: app name, features, clear call to action, promo video.
Make your app visible in the app store.
This is a process of optimizing mobile apps to rank higher in an app store search results. The higher your app ranks in an app store search results, the more visible it is to potential customers. Main factors that affect your ASO:
  • Title – make it readable, focused and it should have a high recognition value.
  • Description – make sure to point out what problems your app solves and use keywords.
  • Icon – focus on one element that reflects your app’s essence and design it in a unique shape.
  • Screenshots – show an app’s core features and most important functions.
Create viral video content.
Humans are visual creatures, which is why videos are the most popular form of content today. You can create a video for YouTube as it’s a powerful tool to spread the word about your product. An effective way to market an app is to create a fun video using famous heroes or playing on sensational memes.
If you want to create a promo video, keep it short and to the point, focus only on your app’s best features and provide a strong call to action. As a final check, mute your video. If it still makes sense, it’s well done.
Start a blog.
Tell your audience about the development process. Blogging can build interest around your product and provides better search visibility. Select target keywords, create quality content, and link to influencers to improve your blog’s search engine rankings.
Reach your audience with social networks.
Social media can help you to reach your potential customers more easily. Social networks provide you access to important data about users’ interests, hobbies, and so on. This information can help businesses to target their advertisements. For example, Facebook Ads allows you to customize advertising as accurately as possible since ads are targeted solely at your potential users.
Measure your app KPIs.
Regular analysis of your mobile app KPIs will help you gain the best insights into your idea so you'll know how well your app is doing.

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
App marketing strategies:

Research target market.

To start marketing your app, you should define your target audience. Don’t try to reach everyone. Choose a particular group of consumers at which your product is aimed and create their profile. Define such important details as demographics, psychographics, habits, lifestyle. The effect will be stronger if you attract the target audience instead of all the people.
Perform competitor research.
Knowing about your competitors will help you to communicate with your target audience, distinguish your business from competitors, improve your processes, and navigate challenges in your market. Determine their main advantages and try to improve on them.
Create a landing page that sells.
Create a mobile app landing page that keeps readers informed in a creative and unexpected way. Make sure that the key elements of your mobile app landing page are included: app name, features, clear call to action, promo video.
Make your app visible in the app store.
This is a process of optimizing mobile apps to rank higher in an app store search results. The higher your app ranks in an app store search results, the more visible it is to potential customers. Main factors that affect your ASO:
  • Title – make it readable, focused and it should have a high recognition value.
  • Description – make sure to point out what problems your app solves and use keywords.
  • Icon – focus on one element that reflects your app’s essence and design it in a unique shape.
  • Screenshots – show an app’s core features and most important functions.
Create viral video content.
Humans are visual creatures, which is why videos are the most popular form of content today. You can create a video for YouTube as it’s a powerful tool to spread the word about your product. An effective way to market an app is to create a fun video using famous heroes or playing on sensational memes.
If you want to create a promo video, keep it short and to the point, focus only on your app’s best features and provide a strong call to action. As a final check, mute your video. If it still makes sense, it’s well done.
Start a blog.
Tell your audience about the development process. Blogging can build interest around your product and provides better search visibility. Select target keywords, create quality content, and link to influencers to improve your blog’s search engine rankings.
Reach your audience with social networks.
Social media can help you to reach your potential customers more easily. Social networks provide you access to important data about users’ interests, hobbies, and so on. This information can help businesses to target their advertisements. For example, Facebook Ads allows you to customize advertising as accurately as possible since ads are targeted solely at your potential users.
Measure your app KPIs.
Regular analysis of your mobile app KPIs will help you gain the best insights into your idea so you'll know how well your app is doing.

That’s very helpful Jessie thank you. I’m currently at the stage now where the prototype is nearly finished. Will be setting up my marketing website with my developers and social media platforms. Will be looking at market strategies and trying to get it at product market fit level, with sign ups. Will also be looking at a business module. Just out of interest, is it worth getting the idea out there whilst it’s still so early though ? Little bit afraid someone is going to steal my idea before it’s even out there.

stephen kageche

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 26, 2019
Hey guys,

I have posted this on the general forum, so just want to get it out there and get some advice.
Stumbled across this forum whilst google searching and would love some advice or anything that can help me in my pursuit for financial freedom.

I had a lightbulb idea for a Mobile App about 3 months ago and just went for the plunge and acted upon it. Did my research and communicated with a few companies who were interested in my idea, but eventually found an American App developer company ( I’m from UK ) that was interested in my App concept and they agreed to take it on.

We are currently in the Prototype stage at the moment, sorting out marketing strategies and revenue module. All getting pitch prepared for an Angel investor to fund the appropriate money to advance to the next stage and build the App completely so it will be ready to go live on the App Store.

Still a long way off this stage at the moment, but with everything, I’m obviously planning my strategies and doing as much research as I can. Reading up on mobile App books and business books.

I will be looking at building this into my own business. That’s certainly my goal and visual dream for the future. At 33 years of age, I am sick and tired of working long night shifts etc, working for a horrible boss. Life’s not terrible by all means, but I got a plan where I want financial freedom and I’m going for it.

Just wondering are there any similar sort of entrepreneurs on here that have opened up a business for Mobile apps or even websites ?

Any advice on how you started ?

Also advice on marketing strategies and how to really promote it ? We’re looking at getting sign ups before we apply for investors, Is this the way to go?

Much appreciated guys
Am also eager to learn more about this since i have just completed creating the MVP for my app and ready to launch this month

stephen kageche

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 26, 2019
That’s very helpful Jessie thank you. I’m currently at the stage now where the prototype is nearly finished. Will be setting up my marketing website with my developers and social media platforms. Will be looking at market strategies and trying to get it at product market fit level, with sign ups. Will also be looking at a business module. Just out of interest, is it worth getting the idea out there whilst it’s still so early though ? Little bit afraid someone is going to steal my idea before it’s even out there.
Focus on execution you should protect that

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
I launched my app about 5 months ago and currently stand at 8k+ active users.

Based on the knowledge I gained throughout the process, here are a few things you should consider:
  1. Build a community on websites like ProductHunt, and IndieHackers, so that you get initial traction on the day you launch your app. Try to be in the Top 5 products of the day on ProductHunt.
  2. Launch an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) as soon as possible to get valid customer feedback and then iterate and improve your app based on the feedback.
  3. Build a landing page and collect emails from potential customers that are interested in your upcoming app.
  4. When your app is launched, post it on various app directory websites to get your app in front of people. Here's a link for your reference.
  5. Learn everything there is about ASO (App Store Optimization) and implement it within your app store listings and keep it improving.
  6. Post regular updates of your app, as the app stores rank those apps higher which are regularly updated.
  7. Leverage Social Media to build your audience and promote your app.
If you have anything else to ask, don't hesitate to message me. I would love to help.

fastlane_pal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 24, 2023
I launched my app about 5 months ago and currently stand at 8k+ active users.

Based on the knowledge I gained throughout the process, here are a few things you should consider:
  1. Build a community on websites like ProductHunt, and IndieHackers, so that you get initial traction on the day you launch your app. Try to be in the Top 5 products of the day on ProductHunt.
  2. Launch an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) as soon as possible to get valid customer feedback and then iterate and improve your app based on the feedback.
  3. Build a landing page and collect emails from potential customers that are interested in your upcoming app.
  4. When your app is launched, post it on various app directory websites to get your app in front of people. Here's a link for your reference.
  5. Learn everything there is about ASO (App Store Optimization) and implement it within your app store listings and keep it improving.
  6. Post regular updates of your app, as the app stores rank those apps higher which are regularly updated.
  7. Leverage Social Media to build your audience and promote your app.
If you have anything else to ask, don't hesitate to message me. I would love to help.
Great tips. Thank you so much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.