Lorenstone
New Contributor
Those of you who have read the book know what the Weighted Average Decision Matrix is.
This morning, I was apprised of a need I can meet with my skills and abilities. Game development, my current 'chosen' path, was picked out simply because I know how to do it, but I started jogging toward the Fastlane at the end of February, and I've spent most of that time in a caffeine withdrawal haze.
My question to myself this morning was should I ditch my barely-started project for this other one. The choice was tough... I've completed creative projects before and sold them, and I've abandoned a lot of half-started projects. Some were drafts that were going nowhere, but many were just shifts in interest -- doing a hobby instead of creating a business.
OTOH, the need I can meet will only take a month to put together, and I can hit up project number 1 immediately thereafter regardless of how project number 2 goes.
My solution? CENTS + WADM. I ranked CENTS and ran both projects through the Decision Matrix.
Here was my weighting:
N - 5. E - 2. C - 1. S - 4. 3 - T.
Normally, I think I would rank C higher, probably over E, but both options had good control anyway, and I'm slightly less concerned for my first step toward the Fastlane - if my first foray into production is successful but gets cut off due to other people, then I am certain I can make my second or third wildly successful.
Anyways, not sure if this is the right forum for the thread, but there's my idea for evaluating ideas. I wonder how Mr. DeMarco would weight 'em. Or how you would weight 'em. Hey, an excuse to try the poll feature of this forum!
This morning, I was apprised of a need I can meet with my skills and abilities. Game development, my current 'chosen' path, was picked out simply because I know how to do it, but I started jogging toward the Fastlane at the end of February, and I've spent most of that time in a caffeine withdrawal haze.
My question to myself this morning was should I ditch my barely-started project for this other one. The choice was tough... I've completed creative projects before and sold them, and I've abandoned a lot of half-started projects. Some were drafts that were going nowhere, but many were just shifts in interest -- doing a hobby instead of creating a business.
OTOH, the need I can meet will only take a month to put together, and I can hit up project number 1 immediately thereafter regardless of how project number 2 goes.
My solution? CENTS + WADM. I ranked CENTS and ran both projects through the Decision Matrix.
Here was my weighting:
N - 5. E - 2. C - 1. S - 4. 3 - T.
Normally, I think I would rank C higher, probably over E, but both options had good control anyway, and I'm slightly less concerned for my first step toward the Fastlane - if my first foray into production is successful but gets cut off due to other people, then I am certain I can make my second or third wildly successful.
Anyways, not sure if this is the right forum for the thread, but there's my idea for evaluating ideas. I wonder how Mr. DeMarco would weight 'em. Or how you would weight 'em. Hey, an excuse to try the poll feature of this forum!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
