- Joined
- Dec 8, 2012
- Messages
- 20
Rep Bank
$160
$160
User Power: 60%
Hello,
My name is Kohlmann! I'm from Missouri. Not sure if I'm the only one here from Missouri, haven't really looked much. But regardless I am glad to be here! And especially glad I found this forum.
My Story:
Well it starts when I was pretty young. An opportunity I wish I would have been more aware of at the time. Now my family is religious (boo me if you want) and I remember one day when I was in the 6th grade my dad saying he wanted to talk to me. As a 6th grader I thought "crap I am in trouble..." but I was wrong. He said he had really noticed my attitude and how I was doing in school. He said "son, I pray every night about you and your siblings futures, and with you, the way you are, who you are, I see you having great financial success and responsibility one day. I just want you to know that no matter what you want to be in life, I will support you." He had me listen to some business tapes, ie handling finances, investing, yada yada you know it all. At the time I thought it was just my dad being the nice loving role model he's always been. But today it makes much more sense.
So fast forward about 6 years. I am in my first year of engineering school. Its good, but calculus is giving me a hell of a time. I am pretty much a B student.....minus calculus. Granted I was having too much fun partying as well. I fail calculus that semester, but I don't let it phase me. I cut the partying, sign up for it again next semester. Classes are doing much better, still a B student with a C, but hey, they're decent grades right? Well one day while drooling over some diablo's (dream car) I think to myself "hey I bet I could afford one of these one day with that sweet engineer income!" So I whoop out a calculator and start doing rough estimates. I don't even finish and I think "Okay, I'll never be able to get one of these...."
Thats when it hit me, ever since I was 5 and built my model Diablo, I have ALWAYS wanted one. I thought a good degree could get me one. WRONG. Maybe by the time I was 70? If I was really stubborn. Then, that talk with my dad from the 6th grade hit me like a train. All through school I was always buying and selling things and making a nice little profit. I had been letting it slip by. Even at the moment I had just flipped a couple watches and a motorcycle and pulled a little over $1k in profit. The best part was I loved doing it. Making things, flipping things, fixing things and selling them. It was all so fun. And my dad had always known it!!!!!
So fast forward to right now. I'm writing this post
haha. But seriously, I've spent my summer learning the business world, especially online. (I took quite a few web design and e-commerce classes in school) It really is a cool world to get in to. I learned a lot, both good in bad. I dealt with the scum and the nice guys of the internet world. But I'm glad to have finally landed here!!!
I'm ready to be apart of this community and give as much as I recieve (if possible that is
)
I haven't finished the book as I am not one of those people that can read a book in two days but so far so good!!!
Thanks MJ for this awesome forum!!!
My name is Kohlmann! I'm from Missouri. Not sure if I'm the only one here from Missouri, haven't really looked much. But regardless I am glad to be here! And especially glad I found this forum.
My Story:
Well it starts when I was pretty young. An opportunity I wish I would have been more aware of at the time. Now my family is religious (boo me if you want) and I remember one day when I was in the 6th grade my dad saying he wanted to talk to me. As a 6th grader I thought "crap I am in trouble..." but I was wrong. He said he had really noticed my attitude and how I was doing in school. He said "son, I pray every night about you and your siblings futures, and with you, the way you are, who you are, I see you having great financial success and responsibility one day. I just want you to know that no matter what you want to be in life, I will support you." He had me listen to some business tapes, ie handling finances, investing, yada yada you know it all. At the time I thought it was just my dad being the nice loving role model he's always been. But today it makes much more sense.
So fast forward about 6 years. I am in my first year of engineering school. Its good, but calculus is giving me a hell of a time. I am pretty much a B student.....minus calculus. Granted I was having too much fun partying as well. I fail calculus that semester, but I don't let it phase me. I cut the partying, sign up for it again next semester. Classes are doing much better, still a B student with a C, but hey, they're decent grades right? Well one day while drooling over some diablo's (dream car) I think to myself "hey I bet I could afford one of these one day with that sweet engineer income!" So I whoop out a calculator and start doing rough estimates. I don't even finish and I think "Okay, I'll never be able to get one of these...."
Thats when it hit me, ever since I was 5 and built my model Diablo, I have ALWAYS wanted one. I thought a good degree could get me one. WRONG. Maybe by the time I was 70? If I was really stubborn. Then, that talk with my dad from the 6th grade hit me like a train. All through school I was always buying and selling things and making a nice little profit. I had been letting it slip by. Even at the moment I had just flipped a couple watches and a motorcycle and pulled a little over $1k in profit. The best part was I loved doing it. Making things, flipping things, fixing things and selling them. It was all so fun. And my dad had always known it!!!!!
So fast forward to right now. I'm writing this post
I'm ready to be apart of this community and give as much as I recieve (if possible that is
I haven't finished the book as I am not one of those people that can read a book in two days but so far so good!!!
Thanks MJ for this awesome forum!!!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
