For the purposes of learning here I wanted to give an outline of how this webinar went and how you can use for business.
This likely will be applicable if any of you have a service business or education product that you are looking to sell.
He found me on Facebook. It was a simple ad offering a free webinar on how to grow an email list. The key wording here was "do what the professionals are doing to build a list". With this in mind I clicked on the link and signed up.
I was pissed for the first 30 minutes of the webinar.
It was like an introduction to a blog post. Fortunately I had some work to do in the background, but this information was an absolute waste of time. I was here to grow my list and get information on how to do so, instead Mike had a prerecorded talk where he went over:
With at least something gained out of the webinar I stayed tuned for more BS that really didn't take us anywhere. Until finally he suggested having a subscription group that you charge your members to stabilize your income (Valuable Insight #2).
And though I thought I wasted a lot of time, I did however get two really good ideas for my own business:
For our purposes here there is a lot to learn:
This likely will be applicable if any of you have a service business or education product that you are looking to sell.
He found me on Facebook. It was a simple ad offering a free webinar on how to grow an email list. The key wording here was "do what the professionals are doing to build a list". With this in mind I clicked on the link and signed up.
I was pissed for the first 30 minutes of the webinar.
It was like an introduction to a blog post. Fortunately I had some work to do in the background, but this information was an absolute waste of time. I was here to grow my list and get information on how to do so, instead Mike had a prerecorded talk where he went over:
- Why building a list is important (obviously I know this or I wouldn't be there)
- His history - how he built a list at age 27 that produced him x amount of dollars (I don't care)
- More useless information. He did however say that his results are atypical and that you should expect to fail (LOL)
- Landing page
- Traffic
- Niche
- Money
With at least something gained out of the webinar I stayed tuned for more BS that really didn't take us anywhere. Until finally he suggested having a subscription group that you charge your members to stabilize your income (Valuable Insight #2).
And though I thought I wasted a lot of time, I did however get two really good ideas for my own business:
- Having a lower priced product that I can lead people to from Facebook will pay for my ad cost.
- Creating a group, a subscription service would likely be a good direction for me to go.
For our purposes here there is a lot to learn:
- Facebook to webinars is not a bad strategy
- His whole webinar was like a sales copy (didn't work for me, but I imagine it worked for others)
- I don't really like him or trust him after this, but I haven't removed him from my email list
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

