The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Men's Dating Coach/ World Traveler. Current Goal = Increase recurring digital income

ModernAlpha

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 3, 2016
Long Island, New York
What's up Fastlaners!

First off, a huge THANK YOU to MJ DeMarco for writing Millionaire Fastlane , the best business book ever written? (has my vote haha). I've read over 200 self-development/business books and I'm blown away by this one! Every once in awhile I come across a book that I consider a "textbook".. something that needs to be studied and referenced over and over because it's filled with amazing content. Fastlane is that book for sure.

Ok enough praise, and a little about myself.

My name is Steve, I'm 31 and live in Long Island, NY.

I'm an entrepreneur with a few projects.

I'm a men's dating coach in NYC and also manage online dating accounts. The online dating management business provides some digital income. My current goal is to scale up my digital income, transition away from in-person coaching (except for high-end packages from time to time), and travel the world more often.

I hate the cold so it's been a goal of mine the past few years to travel and live somewhere warm during the winter. Well, this winter I achieved that goal.. I lived in Medellin, Colombia for 5 months and it was amazing!! I had dating coaching clients come down for "vacation/coaching" packages, so my clients basically paid for my plane tickets and rent. Managing online dating accounts gave me enough digital income to have money for food and spending. I was able to do the trip for 5 months, get by, and spend money here and there, but nothing lavish, just the basics. So my goal is to scale up my digital income the next few months so that I have the ability to travel year round and also to do it in style.. rent a nicer apartment, do more excursions and trips, etc.

My biggest business challenge is focus. I'm constantly debating which project to prioritize and will bring in the best return on my time. They all bring in some money. I'm passionate about them all.

My projects are: (in order of highest monthly revenue)

NYC Daygame (teach men how to meet women in their every day lives) www.nycdaygame.com
Description: this is me coaching men in person in NYC. A direct trade of time for money. I earn $100/hour after my expenses, so the income is good, but direct violation of commandment of time and scale. This is the bulk of my income.
Avg. Monthly Earning: $2,000 - $3,000 consistently

Pro Dating Assistant (manage online dating accounts for men) www.prodatingassistant.com
Description: I've changed the structure of this service many times: I've personally managed the dating accounts (best results, but direct violator of Commandments of Time and Scale), I've hired assistants to manage the accounts (can scale and uses practically zero of my time. Problem is results vary.. to get a great assistant, I have to pay them more and it cuts into my profit. If I get someone cheaper, good profit but results drop quickly.)
Avg. Monthly Earning: Huge swing here. Over the last year, my worst month was $100 and best one was over $6,000, with about $3,000 being pure profit. On avg it's probably under a $900/month.

Udemy Courses (I have 2 online dating courses on Udemy, which is a marketplace for online courses)
Description: this is the most passive/easiest money I've ever earned. It's not much, but I created the two courses in a few days each, and I've literally never done anything else with them except occasionally sharing them on facebook and I've made over $650 in the last year.
Avg. Monthly Earning: $50 - $75/month consistently

As I stated above, my goal is to focus on my digital income more and scale Pro Dating Assistant & Udemy courses up more. I also recently launched a blog called Modern Alpha, www.modernalpha.co, and I have plans to add a coaching monthly membership program to it soon. This is my idea to transition my coaching from a time trade to digital and can scale. Also, expanding my niche from dating coach to overall lifestyle development (which I already help most of my clients with anyway).

//////////////////////////////////

More about me personally...

I come from a family of sidewalkers. Sidewalker mentality family to the max. So my biggest goal is not financial, it's internal.. my goal is to completely remove any negative self-limiting beliefs around money and to build a wealthy mindset for life. And the only way to verify that I've done that is to earn WAY MORE than I have ever done before, and consistently over time. So $10,000+/month would be a massive shift in what I currently FEEL internally is actually possible. Logically, I know it's very possible, especially utilizing fastlane principles. However, to be honest, somewhere deep down it still emotionally FEELS like it's "too much" / "I can't do it" / [insert other sidewalk mentality thinking here]. So realistically, mindset is my top priority. Anyone have any suggestions for that? I love books like "The Millionaire Mind", but I'm interested in practical techniques as well.

I'm interested in any suggestions, comments, or questions from any fastlaners!

Looking forward to getting to know some of you and motivating each other for fastlane success!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Welcome to the forum.

Anyone have any suggestions for that?

You should check out the Mindset, Motivation & choices sub-forum here, some absolute gold in there that'll help get your mind right.

Sociable

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 5, 2015
Good to see you mate!

I'm also a dating coach (here in my country) and I'm also working on transitioning from coaching to digital products and funnels. Coaching takes a lot of time but instead I've recognized that I love to do more marketing than working personally with people.

Pro Dating Assistant looks awesome! I've came across that type of business a couple of times but I'm not sure if that would work or how to market that kind of business. I'm guessing this could be for busy business people who don't have lots of time and you manage their dating life through your system, right?

I would appreciate to connect with you and share knowledge.

Welcome again!

ModernAlpha

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 3, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome to the forum.

You should check out the Mindset, Motivation & choices sub-forum here, some absolute gold in there that'll help get your mind right.
Thanks! I'm still exploring this forum and learning what's here.. you gave me a great place to start!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ModernAlpha

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 3, 2016
Long Island, New York
Good to see you mate!

I'm also a dating coach (here in my country) and I'm also working on transitioning from coaching to digital products and funnels. Coaching takes a lot of time but instead I've recognized that I love to do more marketing than working personally with people.

Pro Dating Assistant looks awesome! I've came across that type of business a couple of times but I'm not sure if that would work or how to market that kind of business. I'm guessing this could be for busy business people who don't have lots of time and you manage their dating life through your system, right?

I would appreciate to connect with you and share knowledge.

Welcome again!
Yeah, exactly, the target market for PDA is busy professional men aka not broke college kids lol. But seriously, it's guys that value their free time at $XXX, which tends to be people making over $100k/year with busy schedules.

Honestly, I still don't know the best marketing strategy for it. The profit margin is great, the service is easy for me to deliver, and it can scale and I can build a team easy enough, etc.. biggest limiting block is getting new clients to sign up and existing clients to stay longer. So far it's basically been word of mouth among my coaching clients. I just started building my mailing lists recently by giving away a free guide, so marketing to the lists is another strategy. And I also plan to re-launch the site on Wordpress with a blog, write posts that have SEO friendly titles + share on social media, etc. I have plenty of ideas, but just slack alittle on execution.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to direct message me and we can chat!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...