The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Me, My Idea and I - Intrtoduction

Idea threads

Jennifer.h

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 12, 2016
Hello,

I am very happy to have found this forum, after reading around I bought The Fastlane Millionaire and was so impressed by it.

Me - My name is Jennifer, I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico (for those of you not from the States - this is one of the United States). I have been working on a concept that has slowly morphed into what I believe is a very viable product, which I'll talk a bit about in a formal progress thread. My Fastlane interest is building a brand and learning the ins and outs of internet marketing.

I started my first business in 1990ish by self-publishing a book. At the time, I was a technical/marketing/user manual writer and very passionate about creating clear information. My book did very well, in it's small niche and I built a mail order catalog around the theme. It was about Parrots, and the catalog catered to Parrot owners. It's probably still a decent niche, if you anyone is looking for one. I'm not that interested in it now, as I more enjoy learning new things. I sold the business in July 2001 (yep, pretty damn good timing)... and took several years off to travel. I have been looking for an idea to pursue since about 2006, and kept looking at what would be defined as SLOWLANE ideas, determining there wasn't enough upside potential, and moving on.
Reading MJ's book solidified my thinking. I had already committed to a business idea, but it just made it clear to me how I had been looking in the wrong place for YEARS!!

My idea stems from my interests and a product that I wished existed. It will be a very technical piece of athletic wear, aimed first at women who are very active outdoors, and then branching out to men. I will be building a Brand, and I will be very grateful for the resources available here.

I am here, one, for the good company this place provides, and two, because I am very illiterate in the online world. I spend very little time on the computer, it makes me a bit antsy. I even have a love/hate relationship with my cell phone ... I'd rather be out on my Mountain Bike!

I would love advice on how to get the most out of the forum, and how to support others. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
A G-Eazy song like title of course makes me click :)

Great intro, welcome to this awesome place!

A good start are the GOLD threads.

Jennifer.h

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 12, 2016
Thank you Supa! I started reading the Gold Threads yesterday! Thanks for the pointer. Nice to meet you!

Jennifer.h

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 12, 2016
Thank you so much for the pointer. I actually read most of the thread yesterday. I actually found his naivety about the market a bit disturbing... I wasn't surprised to see him struggling so much with sales and designs - I think he was walking into a crowded part of the market without a clear idea of what was already out there or a clear value proposition. It was a fantastic read because it made me ask myself some very tough questions.

I hope he is finding his way, and I may try to reach out. I am aiming at a different market segment, and have a designer for a daughter with industry experience....

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
Welcome aboard! There are a ton of threads to look through (I am daily new here and have been doing the same), do some looking. Some threads others point out may be good, but the might be another out there that paints that masterpiece for you. Crawl around and see the sights.

I am glad you found your way here! I look forward to seeing you around!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.