The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Me, Iraq, and The Fastlane Dream

AmeerHameed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jan 31, 2021
Greetings to all the Fastlaners on the Fastlane Forum. It's a great pleasure to have joined you guys. I'm currently more than half way through TMF , which I got to read after watching many of MJ's videos on Youtube, doubting if I ever even wanted to be a millionaire myself. But I bought the book, read it, and WOW WHAT A REVOLUTIONARY BOOK! I should've read that book way earlier. As you might have read in the title of the thread, I'm from Iraq, specifically from Kurdistan Region, which is an autonomous state with it's own government. Things are weird, can't say anything more. I couldn't buy into the victim mindset that people around me surrendered to. I just couldn't. I believe there's more to this life. I can't stand watching my father work in his 50s, in his so called business, that doesn't follow scale and time commandments, and entry to it is easy. He has been working at it for 10 years and he still has 1 only employee, does all the hard labor himself, and he nicely spent his whole life's worth of work and money on a big house. I love my parents. They've been through a lot to get me to this stage in life, but there's got be be more, don't you think? When I sit down with my father and he sighs and tells me, "son, my whole life is wasted" breaks my heart. I WANT FREEDOM FOR EVERYONE! I want my dreams, my parents' dream, and the people of my country's dream to be a reality. And that requires a lot of work, which someone has to put it in.

I thank you if you've read this far. I hope I can be a great member and contributor on the forum.

Best Regards,

Ameer Hameed

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kwiksliver

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 21, 2021
England, UK
Welcome Ameer.

You've already gone further than many, simply by pulling your head from the sand and demanding change. Wherever you are from, most refuse to believe that the key to changing their future lies within them.

Best of luck to you Pal

SeePetey

Highly Trained Ape
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 8, 2012
Elsewhere
Greetings to all the Fastlaners on the Fastlane Forum. It's a great pleasure to have joined you guys. I'm currently more than half way through TMF , which I got to read after watching many of MJ's videos on Youtube, doubting if I ever even wanted to be a millionaire myself. But I bought the book, read it, and WOW WHAT A REVOLUTIONARY BOOK! I should've read that book way earlier. As you might have read in the title of the thread, I'm from Iraq, specifically from Kurdistan Region, which is an autonomous state with it's own government. Things are weird, can't say anything more. I couldn't buy into the victim mindset that people around me surrendered to. I just couldn't. I believe there's more to this life. I can't stand watching my father work in his 50s, in his so called business, that doesn't follow scale and time commandments, and entry to it is easy. He has been working at it for 10 years and he still has 1 only employee, does all the hard labor himself, and he nicely spent his whole life's worth of work and money on a big house. I love my parents. They've been through a lot to get me to this stage in life, but there's got be be more, don't you think? When I sit down with my father and he sighs and tells me, "son, my whole life is wasted" breaks my heart. I WANT FREEDOM FOR EVERYONE! I want my dreams, my parents' dream, and the people of my country's dream to be a reality. And that requires a lot of work, which someone has to put it in.

I thank you if you've read this far. I hope I can be a great member and contributor on the forum.

Best Regards,

Ameer Hameed
Hi Ameer,

I used to live in Erbil (2009-2010), I absolutely loved it, probably my favorite part of Iraq.

I've spent many years as a contractor for the U.S. military (currently living in Kuwait), so my experience with local entrepreneurs has mostly been associated in some way with the military. But even with that angle of exposure to the economy of your area (as well as many other areas in Africa, the Middle East, and Afghanistan), I recognize that there is lots of potential for success.

Kurdistan is unique, you know what I'm talking about. Your area's standard of living is climbing higher than most of the rest of the country. Your people are finding themselves with more disposable income. Your area is generally more stable than the rest of the country. You've got tremendous potential!

There is a part of a book called Factfulness that talks about how the next big steps in global economic evolution will come from countries like yours that are slowly but surely advancing their economies. That's you!

Just don't be like so many of the businesses and guys I've met over there and obsess over "today's hustle" and completely forget to think about the future and sell yourself short because you didn't think big enough.

I've met some very successful entrepreneurs from this side the globe. What sets the really successful guys apart is that they force themselves to think differently than everyone else. They all did what they had to do in the beginning to survive, but they always had their eye on a bigger prize.

With your English skills, what sounds like a strong drive to succeed, plus MJ's life-changing book, you are already well ahead of most of the pack.

Stay strong and stay focused out there!

AmeerHameed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jan 31, 2021
Hi Ameer,

I used to live in Erbil (2009-2010), I absolutely loved it, probably my favorite part of Iraq.

I've spent many years as a contractor for the U.S. military (currently living in Kuwait), so my experience with local entrepreneurs has mostly been associated in some way with the military. But even with that angle of exposure to the economy of your area (as well as many other areas in Africa, the Middle East, and Afghanistan), I recognize that there is lots of potential for success.

Kurdistan is unique, you know what I'm talking about. Your area's standard of living is climbing higher than most of the rest of the country. Your people are finding themselves with more disposable income. Your area is generally more stable than the rest of the country. You've got tremendous potential!

There is a part of a book called Factfulness that talks about how the next big steps in global economic evolution will come from countries like yours that are slowly but surely advancing their economies. That's you!

Just don't be like so many of the businesses and guys I've met over there and obsess over "today's hustle" and completely forget to think about the future and sell yourself short because you didn't think big enough.

I've met some very successful entrepreneurs from this side the globe. What sets the really successful guys apart is that they force themselves to think differently than everyone else. They all did what they had to do in the beginning to survive, but they always had their eye on a bigger prize.

With your English skills, what sounds like a strong drive to succeed, plus MJ's life-changing book, you are already well ahead of most of the pack.

Stay strong and stay focused out there!
Hi SeePetey,

It's nice to know that you've worked in Erbil before.

You're right! My region has so much potential. So many problems that could be solved and turned into a business. People here, mainly the Sidewalkers, don't seem to see the amount of opportunities just because they've been sold the idea that doing anything in Kurdistan and Iraq is simply impossible. I couldn't buy into that garbage. I have dreams, and no one takes it away from me.

I personally have a solid foundation in IT and coding, and I constantly read books on business, sales, marketing, psychology, etc. I intend to start some business with the knowledge I know, even if part-time since I'm 19 and I am studying in college.

Kurdistan has faced a lot throughout the years. People sacrificed their lives for me to be alive, and I need to atleast pay back with helping the country grow through my product or service.

Thank you for your comment. I wish you a great day.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Ameer, your introductory post was one of the most stirring that I have read. A very big welcome to the forum!

I am sure you have what it takes to rise above the difficulties and succeed. You are fortunate in finding TMF and this forum, because you have been shown the possibilities that are there if you will sieze the opportunity.

Not only that, you have joined with a wide group of like minded people whose mindset is largely "help others".

Walter

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Ameer!!!! Loved your introduction, so happy to hear that my message is touching people all over the globe, thank you so much for sharing your story, hope we continue to hear updates from you my friend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...