The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MD here, what questions do you have about the healthcare industry ?

Princepeter1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 2, 2016
Hello MD,

I would love to share with you a technology I developed that now carries two US parents that is very applicable to the healthcare realm and get your unbiased opinion. Would you be willing to provide this service as part of your paying it forward campaign? Please let me know! My email is elevatedassociations@gmail.com
Thank you for your consideration!
Caitlin
Do you mind sharing it ? I'd love to give you feedback

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Princepeter1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 2, 2016
Yes, I would love anyone and everyone's feedback. Are you able to email me so I can send you some files? My email is above...
Hey bud

I'd love to help but I'll be frank, I'm not too keen on emailing random inboxes from my personal accounts . Happy to take a PM or message on the forum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Stevenfresh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 11, 2014
Leaving out political induced changes (medicare phaseout?) and assuming everything stays as is, I'd say the big ones are this (and I'll focus on things that allow for entrepreneurs to get involved):

1) Increased competition in the microEMR space
the biggest players in electronic medical records have basically consolidated their space but will continually be challenged by better, faster, more actionable EMR's that are smarter and better. But since the biggest players have taken their space, a second generation will undoubtedly take foothold and keep challenging the big players. What happens then is unclear. However, startups like Oscar are a great thing. Epic is a terrible system.

2) Online delivery of healthcare, especially medications
- PantherX was an amazing innovation and I'd even classify healthcare (soft) services like Warby parker as an online delivery service of glasses. Small parts of healthcare will keep moving moreand more online. There's niches to be had everywhere. And when I mean niche I mean like hundreds of millions of dollars for small niches.

3) Telemedicine: more and more medicine will be delivered via telemedicine services. There's ample opportunity everywhere. Doximity now has a "telemedicine in a box" like service that lets independent docs to virtual consults and there's definitely opportunities here for auxillary services like advertising for independent docs, marketing firms for docs, etc.

4) Better data , less useless data: This is more on the startup side and less on the side hustle (I'm a big fan of the latter), but every month I get at least 1-2 pitches for stuff in healthcare that are just made because of poor understanding of testing and statistics. This is a must read for anyone looking to do anything related to healthcare testing: Theranos Is Wrong: We Don’t Need More Blood Tests. The number of false alarms that go off in hospitals is unreal and the same goes for a lot of our tech in healthcare--its dumb and just pours data into the environment without any clear idea of how anyone is supposed to act on it. There's a lot of hand waving for "algorithms." and "more data is better" but in truth there will be more and more ideas for "less is better" and "we just get rid of bullshit." Lots of opportunities for decreasing clutter and bullshit.

5) Decreased cost as things shift to outcomes based healthcare models
- besides the fact that healthcare spending cost curve is already decreasing (it can't beat inflation by that much--people just go broke), the shift towards outcomes based models of healthcare is going to be a huge opportunity for lots of niches. Orthopedic surgeons operate on a knee. They see them in clinic a month later. They have no idea if this operation actually helped the patient in the long run in the quality of life. But what is quality of life? Its basically like trying to define happiness and lots of people will try . This is a great sector to be in becuase there's a lot less regulation compared to medical devices or medication delivery.

@Princepeter1234 What resources (books, videos, etc.) would you recommend checking out to understand more about how EMR's currently work? Thanks for the valuable thread!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...