The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Master the Coldcall

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

FREEDOM94

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 22, 2017
Ontario canada
Hey guys,I’ve been a long time lurker here and it’s time i finally contribute to this great community.

I’m creating this thread to document my journey, keep myself accountable and get advice from people with a similar mindset.

I would like to thank all the greats who have contributed to this forum, i’ve spent countless hours reading through threads absorbing information like a sponge. I hope somebody will find the same type of value in my journey one day.

So i found a way to generate leads for a specific niche in the service industry. It’s a pretty simple idea but i have packaged it in a way that makes sense and is sellable. My target clients are small-business owners that work by themselves or maybe have a small team. I can provide them with consistent leads for a pretty fair price. Alot of these clients don’t know much when it comes to marketing their business online as most are part of the older generation, i will offer them a simple solution, charge them $250 dollars monthly and get their phone ringing. Once i establish a relationship, prove my value to them and get them some customers i will then “upsell” them other marketing services that can benefit them(adwords, SEO, maybe a new website).

Now my main goal is to just get better at selling and cold calling but i think this idea will work if executed properly. I don’t want to give out to many details yet on the industry i'm generating leads for or my exact process for generating the leads, but i will say it is pretty simple and runs on autopilot after the initial work.

So yea i guess this is a start of a very long process, my goal would be to take jack edwards approach, become the leader behind the idea and hire on a dope team for the operations/selling side of the business. But reality is i’m pretty close to broke right now and i’m trying to use cold calling as a way to consistently make money and stand on my own two feet without needing a job.

In terms of selling experience i’ve had a few sales jobs many years ago but i didn’t learn much from them, i’ve been studying jordan belforts straight line persuasion system and grant cardone for a while.

Now i’m going to focus solely on client acquisition and selling, my plan is to outsource or partner up with other companies when it comes to the technical work like SEO or website design. I believe it will be alot easier to scale if done like this, but before I talk about scale I have to provide some value and collect some value vouchers first!. I've sent out some emails already and got some great replies but hiding behind my computer sending a few emails isn't going to do much. Cold calling thousands of business owners and pounding the pavement with everything i got is much more effective method i think

If my idea doesn’t work i’ll just pivot and sell something else, their are thousands of products/services that provide value to people and can be sold over the phone.

As @IceCreamKid once said, "this is 90% about the execution and only 10% idea" or something along those lines.

anyways sorry if my writings style is a bit messed up i really haven't posted anything like this before, and also feel free to hit me up or ask questions i'm always looking for new friends with a similar mindset, cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Learning to sell is skill set that you must pursue through self-directed study. There's a lot of information out there. My favorite has always been the classic, "How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling"by Frank Bettger. It was written decades ago, but it's still just as true today as it was then.

FREEDOM94

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 22, 2017
Ontario canada
Hey guys just wanted to give a quick update i've been pretty busy but still managed to make some calls and take a little action!

So i made about 150 phone calls and i got my first client!
first off i wanted to say cold calling has to be the hardest yet most rewarding feeling in the world. I actually spent 3 days scared to even pick up the phone, i would just practice my script and pussy out when it came time to dial .I am alot more comfortable now that i actually closed my first deal(it was like a hit of adrenaline tbh).

so I convinced this guy to try me out fora month for $250, i've been working on making sure he get's his moneys worth, but it looks like i am probably only going to walk away with 50-75 profit. Now i know i should be banging out 150 calls a day but can't atm because of prior commitments and generating leads/info takes some time.

I also managed to get a few companies that are interested in getting a website built for them. I am pretty confident this one guy is going through with it. It's a pretty basic website i told him i could do it for 900 and he said no problem he's in, so i messaged about 20 website design companies and found one that's willing to do it for $500. they have a pretty good track record so im going to give them a shot if all goes smoothly i'll walk away with $400. I could do it myself but it would take a long a$$ time and i would rather be on the sales end then the technical side if that makes any sense

also many of the business owners i talked to are more interested in a pay per lead model, I would charge them only when they get a phone call from a customer. i've been exploring this model and think it might be a better option for certain verticals.

and i ended up cold calling a few personal injury lawyers that are very interested in paying per lead, i think i can charge them anywhere between 200-500 per lead by the looks of it. This has caught my interest, i think i can build a pretty solid income if i was getting leads for like 10-20 lawyers.

it's crazy how much can change when you take action, it feels like im looking at things from a whole different angle now. But to be honest i am a bit overwhelmed with all of the options i see which is probably a good thing.

Right now i'm going to focus on getting clients using a pay per lead model and if this whole website deal goes well then i will continue cold calling trying to sell lower-end websites for now and get some more experience

and for the record i don't really know what i'm doing. im just kind of winging it and focusing on taking action. at the end of the day actions that move the dial are the only thing that truly matters. I've wasted so much time action faking stuck in a paralysis by analysis state. i finally feel i am passed that and ready to make some real moves!

cheers! hopefully i have some profit by the next update

Revenue: $250
profit: n/a

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Crexty

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 2, 2018
Arizona
Hey guys just wanted to give a quick update i've been pretty busy but still managed to make some calls and take a little action!

So i made about 150 phone calls and i got my first client!
first off i wanted to say cold calling has to be the hardest yet most rewarding feeling in the world. I actually spent 3 days scared to even pick up the phone, i would just practice my script and pussy out when it came time to dial .I am alot more comfortable now that i actually closed my first deal(it was like a hit of adrenaline tbh).

so I convinced this guy to try me out fora month for $250, i've been working on making sure he get's his moneys worth, but it looks like i am probably only going to walk away with 50-75 profit. Now i know i should be banging out 150 calls a day but can't atm because of prior commitments and generating leads/info takes some time.

I also managed to get a few companies that are interested in getting a website built for them. I am pretty confident this one guy is going through with it. It's a pretty basic website i told him i could do it for 900 and he said no problem he's in, so i messaged about 20 website design companies and found one that's willing to do it for $500. they have a pretty good track record so im going to give them a shot if all goes smoothly i'll walk away with $400. I could do it myself but it would take a long a$$ time and i would rather be on the sales end then the technical side if that makes any sense

also many of the business owners i talked to are more interested in a pay per lead model, I would charge them only when they get a phone call from a customer. i've been exploring this model and think it might be a better option for certain verticals.

and i ended up cold calling a few personal injury lawyers that are very interested in paying per lead, i think i can charge them anywhere between 200-500 per lead by the looks of it. This has caught my interest, i think i can build a pretty solid income if i was getting leads for like 10-20 lawyers.

it's crazy how much can change when you take action, it feels like im looking at things from a whole different angle now. But to be honest i am a bit overwhelmed with all of the options i see which is probably a good thing.

Right now i'm going to focus on getting clients using a pay per lead model and if this whole website deal goes well then i will continue cold calling trying to sell lower-end websites for now and get some more experience

and for the record i don't really know what i'm doing. im just kind of winging it and focusing on taking action. at the end of the day actions that move the dial are the only thing that truly matters. I've wasted so much time action faking stuck in a paralysis by analysis state. i finally feel i am passed that and ready to make some real moves!

cheers! hopefully i have some profit by the next update

Revenue: $250
profit: n/a

What does your script look like when calling lawyers? I'm having problem getting past gatekeepers for my service business.

How many lawyers do you speak with out of 100 calls?

what are your tricks for getting past the gatekeeper? (They are brutal towards me)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.