The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing an eBook - Suggestions Welcome

Marketing, social media, advertising

cypentrepreneur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 3, 2023
Hi,
I am in the process of finishing up my first eBook, which will be a short sci-fi novel. I want to get started on the marketing activities without waiting for the content to be publish-ready as you can imagine. I have prepped the infrastructure for a discussion forum for the readers and listed down a number of youtube & other social media influencers (based on the perceived interest of their respective audiences). I intend to ask those influencers to promote my book.

Has anyone experience in eBook, or book marketing in general? Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks
Mustafa

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Hi,
I am in the process of finishing up my first eBook, which will be a short sci-fi novel. I want to get started on the marketing activities without waiting for the content to be publish-ready as you can imagine. I have prepped the infrastructure for a discussion forum for the readers and listed down a number of youtube & other social media influencers (based on the perceived interest of their respective audiences). I intend to ask those influencers to promote my book.

Has anyone experience in eBook, or book marketing in general? Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks
Mustafa
I think you have a good strategy to market the ebook, I would try to use word of mouth as much as possible to reduce your marketing budget

Mark Horrocks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Feb 13, 2016
Hi,

Thanks
Mustafa
Firstly well done a great achievement. I use a mailing list which I built organically over the last 6 years it takes time but the money is in the list. I have written 17 books eBooks and paperback formats. I setup my website to sell my books and then offered one of my books as a freebie in return for them subscribing to my email list. This exploded my sales as I have a target audience who I know are intrested in my niche. I rank organically on Google as well I achieved this by writing content around my niche this also takes time.. I have used other social media sites to promote my books but in my opinion the email list generates the most sales.

My website is

cypentrepreneur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 3, 2023
Firstly well done a great achievement. I use a mailing list which I built organically over the last 6 years it takes time but the money is in the list. I have written 17 books eBooks and paperback formats. I setup my website to sell my books and then offered one of my books as a freebie in return for them subscribing to my email list. This exploded my sales as I have a target audience who I know are intrested in my niche. I rank organically on Google as well I achieved this by writing content around my niche this also takes time.. I have used other social media sites to promote my books but in my opinion the email list generates the most sales.

My website is

I am impressed with the depth of your approach. That is pretty valuable experience you shared. I don't have additional eBooks (yet) to give away for newsletter sign up yet, however, I might present a key section of the storyline as a preview if they sign up. Awesome!

Thanks Mark!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.