The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Market suicide of Philipp Morris?

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Philipp Morris is voluntarily publicly encouraging people to stop smoking.

They also claim to be planning to stop selling cigarettes.

Just phishing for ethics?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
They also have several (if not numerous) products that are not cigarettes. As the world slides away from smoking traditional tobacco products, it's foolish to try and double down on your existing product line. Sell your cigarettes while encouraging people to use alternative methods for smoking, and then sell said methods.

If you have a 'program' that people are following that pushes alternatives, those people are likely to use the alternatives you introduce them to.

Also, FYI. AMA means "Ask Me Anything", it's meant to be used when you have a level of knowledge and/or expertise. Forum members will ask you questions and you will answer them. (For more info, read this: Ask Me Anything | Know Your Meme)

Edit: Removed the word cigarette three times and replaced it to avoid horrific repetition.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galaxy16

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
They also have several (if not numerous) products that are not cigarettes. As the world slides away from smoking traditional tobacco products, it's foolish to try and double down on your existing product line. Sell your cigarettes while encouraging people to use alternative methods for smoking, and then sell said methods.

If you have a 'program' that people are following that pushes alternatives, those people are likely to use the alternatives you introduce them to.

Also, FYI. AMA means "Ask Me Anything", it's meant to be used when you have a level of knowledge and/or expertise. Forum members will ask you questions and you will answer them. (For more info, read this: Ask Me Anything | Know Your Meme)

Edit: Removed the word cigarette three times and replaced it to avoid horrific repetition.
How to remove it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom