The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making my first $50/day

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Hey!

So recently I decided that I wanted to stop my online drop-shipping eCommerce store and move more on to a 'fastlane' strategy. Cool, lets dive in.

Firstly I decided to write this as a place to vomit words as I find it helps me think of my execution and it may provide you with value. Win win.​

...............................................................................................................................

About:

I recall reading that MJ states you need to make $50 a day before you can make 100/500/1000/5000 etc... My aim is to make a course which will be sold on a one page website and make $50/day.

...............................................................................................................................

So far, so good (what I've done):
  • Looked at my niche. There are already products which are on the market. However, non are advertising or ranking top 10 search results.
  • Main keyword has 40k searches a month USA
  • PPC cost which is below $1.
  • Written the eBook.
  • Got my domain and installed Wordpress.

Game plan:

Stage 1:
  • Finish videos for the course (record and edit)
  • Fully define my demographic and make a profile
  • Figure out a price for my product
  • Get friends to review product for me
Stage 2:
  • Set up website (graphics, copy, everything!)
  • Decide to buy lead pages (student life)
  • How to host the course files
  • Figure out a sales point (Jvzoo?)
Stage 3:
  • Set up affiliate program for other users
  • Set up accounts on forums and find Facebook groups where I can post
  • Set up marketing execution plan
  • Look in to an auto-email-sender-9000
Stage 4:
  • Make freebies to give away for email sign ups
  • Promote site on forums
  • Print out some a4 flyers to stick around (free and easy)
  • Start my PPC
  • Contact people who would affiliate market it
  • Contact people who could benefit off of it for a discount price in return for review
  • Look in to other methods
  • And anything else when it comes up...

What I need to learn:
  • Copy writing. This is a big one as I will be making a one page website to sell the product and have never done this before
  • How to make a good sales page...
  • How to use leadpages if I use it
  • PPC effectively
  • Email auto sender thingy

Right now:
Right now I'm aiming to finish the videos by this Saturday. I'm crazy with finals at college but it's not stopping me. I have re-touched my product three times to ensure it contains a lot of value. I want word of mouth to help sales and generate some great reviews. The product is really simple, but it opens up a whole world if the customer doesn't know about it.

I'm also not registering a business for this and keeping it to my name. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not as the course is all about another service. I guess I'll just need good Terms of Service stating I'm not affiliated in any way.

May your conversions be great! :tiphat:

Aaron

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kasper

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Dec 4, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
HI Aaron, I love your game plan. I copied it "with pride", for use in my own biz (and transferred rep points as thanks). Maybe we can do some sparring, looks like our distribution strategies are fairly similar (I doubt the products are competing). I am doing a niche product, where I believe I can help thousands with the same issues I have had. Found a solution to my problem, and want to package it. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that your post gave value... at least to me!

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
HI Aaron, I love your game plan. I copied it "with pride", for use in my own biz (and transferred rep points as thanks). Maybe we can do some sparring, looks like our distribution strategies are fairly similar (I doubt the products are competing). I am doing a niche product, where I believe I can help thousands with the same issues I have had. Found a solution to my problem, and want to package it. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that your post gave value... at least to me!

Ahh awesome, I'm glad it helped you. If you ever end up on the inside section of the forum I'm currently opening documenting it there and currently I'm on stage 4. Either way, glad it helped you!

klaptoo

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 11, 2015
Seeing this now that you launched your course and have more than 500 students is AWESOME ! Good job man !

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
It's very doable. I'm doing $3000/day from one ecommerce store. I have 3 in total.

You need to break it down into baby steps. My goal was making $1m/year in revenue. That works out to be $2,740 per day.

I know I can sell most things for around $20-$25 with a $10 profit margin (inc ad spend), so I knew I had to sell at least 250 items per day.

With paid traffic, retarget ads, upsells and email funnels - it's not hard at all.

Good luck.

Janetriever

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 10, 2016
You might want to check out Udemy. You can drive tons of traffic from there to your website if you put in some work.

@Sanj Modha I've checked your posts and I see that you bring traffic using Instagram as well. May I ask you some questions? I want to start an e-commerce store as well and bring traffic through my Instagram accounts.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
You might want to check out Udemy. You can drive tons of traffic from there to your website if you put in some work.

@Sanj Modha I've checked your posts and I see that you bring traffic using Instagram as well. May I ask you some questions? I want to start an e-commerce store as well and bring traffic through my Instagram accounts.

Hi Janet. I"m not really an IG expert (yet!). I'm still learning the trade but there's a great post ($100K off IG posting) in one of the other threads. Stuff I don't even know yet. Try some of that too.

Janetriever

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 10, 2016
Hi Janet. I"m not really an IG expert (yet!). I'm still learning the trade but there's a great post ($100K off IG posting) in one of the other threads. Stuff I don't even know yet. Try some of that too.
I've already read that and it has useful information. I know about Instagram, but I don't know about e-commerce & dropshipping and that's what I'm trying to learn.

CP1104

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
322%
Jan 26, 2016
Canada
Hey Aaron, looks like you are on your way to greatest! Good for you! I was just a lazy slob in my college days. Using exams as an excuse to put everything off!

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto

Thanks for the recommendation, I honestly don't know why this post was revived.

This progress thread is now on the INSIDERS section and to /close this thread this is where I currently am:

1. I have my own website which I drive traffic to via google adwords
  2. I have an email list of 250+ building up
  3. I have two live courses on Udemy with over $170+ in sales so far (under a month)
  4. I plan on making more Adwords that go straight to the course
  5. I also want to change my website up to be more personal and explore other courses to teach

If you want/have access to the inside you can click on the link in my signature to keep track with my progress.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.