The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making 100k Per Year: Easy or Difficult?

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
errr.. "Almost Impossible"... What a ridiculous post! Sure it may be "almost impossible" for you but don't project your limiting beliefs onto the rest of us.

It's not limits belief, it's reality.
It's obvious, that during first 3-5 years the growth in the biggest, but to have 100% or higher growth on sales on big amounts year by year, you really need to have something exceptional and be exceptional. You can't make it just by ordering something from Alibaba, what other 10 people are selling, and make milions out of it, who will last for years.

Maybe the US market is so receptive, but, at least in Poland, the stories like you are telling here on miraculous milions made on Amazon, are impossible. We have our version of ebay&amazon combined, and, for everything what comes from China, doesn't matter in what market branch, people earn money only on shipping costs. Even if you start importing something new, within two months you will have such big competition, that you will be forced to close your business due to margings close to zero, or compete and trying to earn just on shipping costs. It just works that way here where I live.

If you have your own product, licensed, patented, doing services, that's another story. However, we habve 40 milions people, who have less money than you in the us, and most thing are cheaper in the us, and they are even cheaper if we will take into account averages salary.

As I said, of course, your company can grow like this, doubling or making sales go up by few times in an year, but at some point it will slow and stabilize. Second, you need to have something really exceptional for this. It can be the simpliest thing in the world, but there must me huge demand for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
To sell anything for 1 miliion dollar, you need to have something really mind blowing, or delevoping your company for few years.

This is your belief. This is not true. Cars, houses, shoes, food. These are mainstream products (among a hundreds of others) that are no where near mind blowing, that make people millions of dollars a year.

Your mindset is what is limiting your ability to make money, not your product.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Maybe the US market is so receptive, but, at least in Poland, the stories like you are telling here on miraculous milions made on Amazon, are impossible.

Today I learned that it's impossible to sell things to people in other countries!

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Well, I do not agree. It's almost impossible to have this kind of growth on net profit level. You can double your sales, but you know, doubling profit from 50k to 100k means doubling sales from 500k to 1 milion, having in mind reasonable (and, well, maybe a tiny lowered) margins. To sell anything for 1 miliion dollar, you need to have something really mind blowing, or delevoping your company for few years.
And, if it would be so easy, there would only milionaires here, but seems there are few only. Sales increase at the beggining is easy, but, the more you sell, the harder is to have the steady percentage growth y/y.
You buy toilet paper, correct?
People generally don't become millionaires by selling one thing for a million bucks. Unless its software, an app or rights/licensing.
If you have a $100 product, you would need to make 833 sales a month to make 1M in a year.

People have proven time and time again its doable.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Like I said in my original post, theres a difference between "reality" and your reality.

You are full of limiting beliefs conquer those first.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Of course it is possible, but, try to manage from US selling on the store located in Europe :)

If selling via Amazon, why does it matter where you're physically located? You may have a couple of extra hoops to jump through, but that's pretty far from impossible.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
However, we habve 40 milions people, who have less money than you in the us, and most thing are cheaper in the us, and they are even cheaper if we will take into account averages salary.

Maybe move to a different country? Or maybe create a "Polish" brand and sell it to the people who have a lot of money in other parts of the world?

Who knows, maybe Polish Vodka made with locally sourced, organic blah blah blah would be the next liquor sensation here in the US. It certainly works for other countries/imports/categories.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
Like I said in my original post, theres a difference between "reality" and your reality.

You are full of limiting beliefs conquer those first.

Exactly, and it's that kind of thinking that holds people back. Without replacing these thoughts with the correct ones, you will always default to what you've been taught: the slowlane mentality. People come here looking for magic, but success is really the process of changing yourself: killing old habits, changing your thinking, becoming less selfish. Success won't happen until you change yourself.

Because people think it's hard to make money, they go off looking for the magic formula, or "the million dollar idea". There is no million dollar idea, and there is no magic formula. You build a product that is divorced from your time that people want, and you scale the hell out of it. That could be ebooks, clothing, supplements, software, apps, furniture, the list is endless. The process of execution is what does it, not some idea or formula.

We've got a poster experiencing six figure MONTHS from a few fiction ebooks that sell for $3 or $4 each, that's all profit before taxes. We've got another poster who created a piece of plastic that covers a paint brush, and he'll be making millions per year soon. We've got posters in supplements, dog products, hair products, software, ecommerce, you name it. The reason this stuff is hard is because YOU MAKE IT HARD. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Before your life changes, you have to change. As zen******* says, the winners drop their expectations, show up and solve a problem, one step at a time. Then, once they've solved that problem, they solve another one, and then one day they wake up and have more money than they ever thought they would have.

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
I want to succeed, but just I am living in bid different market, so need to adjust few things a bit and scale down, well, for sure at the very beggining. But I am megalomaniac, so I know there will be day, that my product will be found from Los Angeles to Tokyo, but the route is through Europe and Asia :)

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
I'm sure there are many multi millionaires in Poland.

I want to succeed, but just I am living in bid different market

Yes. It is your job to understand your market. Market. Let that word sink in. What is a market? Imagine fruits and veg on the shelves, canned goods, meat, cheese..etc.

But what's missing?... (this is one way to think of a Market -- in terms of what's missing.)

But also, look at it in terms of 'supporting what's there'.

Oh, ok, so there is 'fruit', but is there enough of it? Does it cost too much to produce currently? Is there tons of waste? Are they throwing out tons of it because it rotted before it was sold..

In the business systems unique to your location in Poland...ask yourself

Can I produce x? (a good or service that serves the masses or a niche of businesses)
Can I help someone who produces x to do it cheaper? (a supportive role)
Can I prevent x from going to waste in this business? (consultant)
Now that I realize what is going to waste in this business, can I connect a person who knows how to fix it to this business? (networking, bringing people together)

A bit scattered, but I hope it helps.

Steve Daar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Get close to the money. Figure out how you can help a business earn a more profit.

Jay Abraham has some great quotes around the philosophy. Basically, if you can bring in additional incremental revenue (and profit) for a business - - you are their savior.

And if you can bring them in a bunch more profit than they're currently getting, they're likely going to be more than happy to share some of that additional profit with you.

Effective Sales & Marketing are needed by every business out there. Become a master of one or both. Use those skills to sell businesses on your abilities.

If you get two clients paying you $4,000 a month - - you're essentially at $100K for the year.

--------
I practice this myself - - it isn't just empty talk. How do I help businesses earn more? By helping them turn more visitors into buyers - - making their site more efficient at converting traffic into dollars.

I have 3 proposals that were sent out in the past 7 days. If all three close, I'll add an additional $15K/month to my income.

If you've read MJ's book, there's scale and there's magnitude. The main concern of business is profit. If it's the main concern, there is magnitude.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It's obvious, that during first 3-5 years the growth in the biggest, but to have 100% or higher growth on sales on big amounts year by year, you really need to have something exceptional and be exceptional. You can't make it just by ordering something from Alibaba, what other 10 people are selling, and make milions out of it, who will last for years.

Maybe the US market is so receptive, but, at least in Poland, the stories like you are telling here on miraculous milions made on Amazon, are impossible. We have our version of ebay&amazon combined, and, for everything what comes from China, doesn't matter in what market branch, people earn money only on shipping costs. Even if you start importing something new, within two months you will have such big competition, that you will be forced to close your business due to margings close to zero, or compete and trying to earn just on shipping costs. It just works that way here where I live.

If you have your own product, licensed, patented, doing services, that's another story. However, we habve 40 milions people, who have less money than you in the us, and most thing are cheaper in the us, and they are even cheaper if we will take into account averages salary.

As I said, of course, your company can grow like this, doubling or making sales go up by few times in an year, but at some point it will slow and stabilize. Second, you need to have something really exceptional for this. It can be the simpliest thing in the world, but there must me huge demand for it.

Actually.... I know of a very very simple way for you to launch an Amazon store in the US and not have any problems.

On top of that... You would get to spend the money in Poland where "1900 is a lot".

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
1900 is official statistical number for median of top 10% earners in my country for net monthly salary.

But, I am happy of what I wrote, because you wrote a lot of valuable things here!

M

M&N

Who knows, maybe Polish Vodka made with locally sourced, organic blah blah blah would be the next liquor sensation here in the US. It certainly works for other countries/imports/categories.

Actually there are already some international premium Polish vodkas, for example Belvedere :)

Know Get Response? Made in Poland.

Recently I was browsing TechCrunch and I found a Polish SaaS company that has raised $1.6 million from some famous Silicon Valley-investors.

It is possible to make a successful, international company out of Poland. In fact, it's a fast growing country, the standard of living is good and expenses aren't really that high. Law and bureaucracy can make your head spin, but that's another story :) Taxes? It's more or less the same level like in the U.S.

I won't forget one conversation I had with a guy running a car dealership in Poland. I went there to pick up my car (vehicle checkup) and I started chatting about a new car they were customizing at that moment. Somebody told them that he needed black leather with red stiching and some other fancy stuff that he had to pay a good amount of cash for. Nevermind the car, it was worth around $50-60k, but they told me that the guy who ordered it, was pretty young and he had a company selling/producing WIRE FENCE.

There are many, much much more difficult places to run a business in/from.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest12120

Actually.... I know of a very very simple way for you to launch an Amazon store in the US and not have any problems.
I need to remember to ask you about it this weekend.
My good friend wants to sell on Amazon while living abroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
This thread is making me want to tear my hair out.

Okay, here's a challenge to anyone who thinks their market is too small: find someone who is making $500k in your country (they exist) and replicate their model. Whether they're selling homes, bathroom remodels, tennis rackets, it doesn't matter. Everyone has a little (or more money) that they are spending to survive. Become the service/vendor they need and you will make $$$.

Finding excuses is easy. Owning opportunity takes gumption. Own it, do it. In a year you'll wonder why you ever hesitated.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I think this is a very valid question.

Here's why - it's very hard to not be trapped by what you view as possible in your current circumstances. If you make $50k/year and don't see any way you could double that in your job/business - then the thought of making $100k/yr seems impossible.

A few years ago I was in this predicament as an employee. But a change in industries and responsibilities completely changed my perception.

As a business owner, you can feel trapped too - especially if it's a niche market or a business model that is difficult to scale. I've been here as well.

There are certain jobs where making $100k/yr is pretty easy. There are certain businesses where making $100k/yr is substantially easier than other businesses. Mimic them rather than be trapped in your current business model/job.

Lakeview

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 5, 2013
Texas
As to the topic of this post...why begin a journey to your goal by questioning if it will be easy or not? Why not add a zero to the end of your $100K? Does that change anything? If you have the mindset that you will give it your all, is that not a commitment better made to your self than a dollar amount or deciding if it is easy or not? Think of the lifestyle you want to live (your "WHY'S") and let that drive you instead of numbers and the degree of difficulty.

Brian Tracy is a great speaker and I listen to the "Psychology of Achievement" regularly as I'm making trip in the car. Look it up.
He says:
"Programming your mind for success is critically important. We become what we think about."

Don't spend time limiting your beliefs and be careful to the words you choose to use. Negative words program negativity and very quickly. Think positive and surround yourself with positive people only. Give yourself a compelling reason to reach your goals, believe it, and you can have it.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Look at this guy http://zarabiam.com/Temat-194000zl-w-60-dni-91156

200,000 PLN / 2 months
Which is 65,000 USD / 2 months

Cant be done here in Poland/Europe/Whatever ? It can be done.
And the poster in link above claims there are many more people in Poland who are earning more than him, they just like to keep it for themselves.

Last edited:

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Living in the UK I notice the amount of Polish workers over here is astronomical to say the least.
They all have vacant homes back over in Poland
Why don't you fill their niche of maintaining their property ; renting it out ; storing their valued goods. Fair enough they may have family ; alot wont also.
You could earn easily a small fortune on just commission off of their rentals and monthly storage fee's.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.