The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make money with B2B ecommerce, even with just 1 product

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Yeah , one of my friends supplies toilet paper holders to hotels etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pershing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
424%
Jan 25, 2012
Hi all, thank you for this interesting thread.
I ve been hotel director for 15 years but the hotel has been sold and now I'm reconverting in the food area.
When I try to find an idea regarding this b2b thread, it s blank page for me. I don't know where to start. Sorry if I don't have the state of mind but it s weird how I my brain has hard to dig into new areas regarding needs from other sectors than hotel industry.

Thank you and regards

I've been thinking for potential products to sell to hotels for years, and the first thing that pops up to my mind is "courtesy lines", but, as you said, there are already suppliers with a wide offer. So it's not a good option, unless you can offer something with a competitive advantage. Can you make something different with courtesy lines?

Since you've been a hotel director for 15 years, you know better than any other what hotels use everyday. You may also think at services, for the hotel or customers, not just products.

Also, can you remember any frequent issues and complaints?

Last edited:

yomtov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 8, 2018
I've been thinking for potential products to sell to hotels for years, and the first thing that pops up to my mind is "courtesy lines", but, as you said, there are already suppliers with a wide offer. So it's not a good option, unless you can offer something with a competitive advantage. Can you make something different with courtesy lines?

Since you've been a hotel director for 15 years, you know better than any other what hotels use everyday. You may also think at services, for the hotel or customers, not just products.

Also, can you remember any frequent issues and complaints?

Hi pershing,

Frequent issues and complaints? Price of the room, check out time, size of the beds, too warm or too cold, etc....that s the kind of camplaints I personnaly had... so no product nor service for these.
Regarding my managment, it was the optimization of the rates but now there are good softwares for this.
What was really recurent was bottles of gel soap and shampoos (and toilet paper!) and breakfast products and cleaning products. Expensive and several orders

yomtov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 8, 2018
Hi pershing,

Frequent issues and complaints? Price of the room, check out time, size of the beds, too warm or too cold, etc....that s the kind of complaints I personnaly had... so no product nor service for these.
Regarding my managment, it was the optimization of the rates and availabilities but now there are good softwares for this.
What was really recurent was bottles of gel soap and shampoos (and toilet paper!) and breakfast products and cleaning products. Expensive and several orders a month.
For the guest amenities we received the products 2 weeks after order placed. We had lot of stock so it wasn t a big problem. May be offering bigger bottles with better look and colours for the same price. Be able to provide within days? I don't know. There are huge actors in this market making a good job. Don't know what value I could add.

Pershing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
424%
Jan 25, 2012
Hi pershing,

Frequent issues and complaints? Price of the room, check out time, size of the beds, too warm or too cold, etc....that s the kind of camplaints I personnaly had... so no product nor service for these.
Regarding my managment, it was the optimization of the rates but now there are good softwares for this.
What was really recurent was bottles of gel soap and shampoos (and toilet paper!) and breakfast products and cleaning products. Expensive and several orders

It seems interesting to investigate into the cleaning aspect. There are some new products for coating ceramics, fabrics and metals. It's a nanotechnology in the form of liquid glass. You spray them on the surface and then it is easier to clean. Hotels can apply inside the toilet and clean faster. Search for "nanotechnology coatings", amazing niche I tried to get into, but gave up because I still don't know the long term health issues of breathing that products.

This is a gem with a big potential.

Last edited:

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
It's funny you mention this.

There is a special hazardous packaging, that if available... from any source... we would be doing exclusive business with that source.

For now, we are having to use a less than ideal solution, that is wildly expensive to boot.

I definitely see the value of the business model you're discussing.
So you are saying, there is the need ;)

Something like this?

Boxes

Last edited:

Pershing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
424%
Jan 25, 2012
I would like to talk about a niche I'm into, and it's heating gas. The same opportunities exist into the technical gases niche.

This is a local business, and a lot of clients find me on google.

I personally supply people and businesses who need gas for gas stoves and heaters. This type of gas don't work anywhere, becuase in some locations people and businesses use other ways to cook or heat.
It's fantastic, they finish the tank and call me. I then bring them the filled new one, and take the empty one.

In the case of technical gases you can build a nice business supplying co2, helium, oxygen to hospitals, welding businesses, private customers, laboratories.... endless opportunities

yomtov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 8, 2018
It seems interesting to investigate into the cleaning aspect. There are some new products for coating ceramics, fabrics and metals. It's a nanotechnology in the form of liquid glass. You spray them on the surface and then it is easier to clean. Hotels can apply inside the toilet and clean faster. Search for "nanotechnology coatings", amazing niche I tried to get into, but gave up because I still don't know the long term health issues of breathing that products.

Thank you for this precious info. I'm looking at it right now. I didn 't know that technology and 'll try to see the uses and availability here.
Just for windows it would be a great value if it keeps it clean for long term. Dirty windows was also one of my recurent problem and needed a cleaner every single month (at least for lobby and restaurant). Smtg to dig here. Thank you again

d-aspires

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 22, 2018
Other B2B-Products that I know have opportunity for good business are:
- Selling professional clothing (i.e. for nurses, waiters, chefs etc.)
- Selling professional coffee machines + supplies
- Selling packaging (i.e. for eCommerce Businesses)

Fatrys

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Jul 5, 2016
Paris, France

Would this mean becoming a distributor of an existing brand (no control though) or look for a way to have it manufactured and sell it under your own brand?

I looks like there are many patents in this field. For heating gas, I guess it is not a concern.

Pershing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
424%
Jan 25, 2012
Would this mean becoming a distributor of an existing brand (no control though) or look for a way to have it manufactured and sell it under your own brand?

I looks like there are many patents in this field. For heating gas, I guess it is not a concern.
There are a lot of companies doing white label in the nanocoating niche. You can invest a few thousands and have your brand on the spray bottles.
The best manufacturers of nanocoating liquids are in Europe, expecially in Germany.

The potential is enormous with this technology. For example, you may just want to launch a product for the protection of bicycles from water and dirty, for boats, sneaker shoes....

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hello guys,
I would like to share with you an interesting type of business that doesn't require a big investment but with a really big potential.

The concept is simple:

1) Spot a product companies need every day
2) Study the competition on google
3) Register an exact domain name and make a very basic website
4) Start selling

It can be a packaging product for a specific niche, raw material, or whatever companies need everyday.

Last year I discovered a product that some companies use to ship their products. Did some seo, but you know, it's slow, so I started to do some ppc too. Quote requests started to come from day one, even very big ones.

Another case study is a guy that makes extract of a plant and sells to pharma industry. He's doing very good, and spent no more than 5,000 to start.

Think about it, just 1 or 2 products companies need continuously.

I have a lot of spare time, and I'm always open to new hot niches.

If you are from another country we can share products and niches.

Can you update us on your business

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Another case study is a guy that makes extract of a plant and sells to pharma industry. He's doing very good, and spent no more than 5,000 to start.
can you tell me more about this

G

Guest-5ty5s4

So, I have connections to a welding company. I think they would buy from me if I did this. Thing is, the online aspect may be useless - nobody there orders B2B through websites. It’s all email with quotes.
Maybe that makes it easier.

I would suggest the same to anyone reading this thread.

Also check out ULINE to see how big this idea can really get!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.