The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make Money Doing What You Love

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Not sure I agree with #48: Get a Psychic Reading or #95: Sleep when you're dead...

What do you guys think?

Venturer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 11, 2007
I am sure I don't agree with 48.

However there are many good points amongst the 101. One that is on top of the list for me is point 40: 'Have integrity'. That should prevail.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Not sure I agree with #48: Get a Psychic Reading or #95: Sleep when you're dead...

What do you guys think?

Errrrr, no! The only psychic reading you need is with yourself. "Self, are these choices I'm about to make going to hinder or empower my life? Answer....."

#95 on the other hand is true. Live life for all it's worth. Just a question of how long without adequate responsibility for rem needs. Everyone chooses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
True enough: as long as you are rested, no need to sleep more than what your body needs

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Some points I do not agree with is:

#1 - Why cut out TV time? Maybe you should define what you watch on TV when you are watching. Also, it is often people who can't delegate to the right people who do not watch TV. I enjoy TV a lot. Great invention I have to say.
#5 - Don't hide yourself? I can agree to that. But being accessible? Define "accessible".
#11 - Well something many people should hear and actually apply. Many don't.
#14 - Hehe. Well, a little education has not killed anyone.
#17 - Would perhaps agree. Define "Be unreasonable". Is killing someone OK in order to get to the actual goal or is a slap on the cheek enough? Not kidding.
#19 - Often misinterpreted as "always taking action".
#22 - Sometimes you actually are powerless. No matter what your big, angry coach says. Sometimes you need to admit your outnumbered. But pretending to be a victim, well that is something everyone should define a bit further. When are you "pretending" and when are you not? And if you can't prove to anyone else that you are actually a "victim" in a certain circumstance, then are you still pretending?

In Sweden we have a well known business family called "The Wallenbergs". I don't know if you guys have heard about them (one in their family actually became famous for his actions to save Jews during WWII. His name was Raoul Wallenberg. He died in Russia after being captured). Anyhow, the head of this family, Peter Wallenberg, ones recently said in a TV Documentary that "sometimes you are in a situation where you actually can't do anything else, but give up or surrender. Sometimes you are in a situation where you really have no power what so ever". This guy and the whole Wallenberg family clan owns a big chunk of the shares traded on the Stockholm Stock Exchange. I do respect his words very much.

So this statement is very flawed from my point of view.
#27 - Agree, everything in business is about odds. There are certain odds against you making a killing in your latest marketing campaign. There are certain odds against you making a successfull recruitment. Everything is odds. As in gambling.
#30 - Agree to a certain extent. In the beginning you will never be great. That is just bogus. Build from where you are and correct along the way. A businessman creating something outstanding is certain to be out of business in no time. All serious businessmen would agree. You just want you product/service to be close to outstanding, but still bad enough for people to come back for more.
#36 - Give me the reciept when you have it. In business it is close to impossible to avoid bureaucracy these days. Tommorrow will be no better with all the new bogus laws that will come to effect (in order to "ease" things up and do things "better" and more "secure").
#44 - Again, agree to some extent. Sometimes it is better not to do anything. Timing. Many people have lost a lot of money because they are so hungry for doing stuff. I know how it is. I am such a guy myself, but sometimes it is really better backing off than engaging.
#46 - Absolutly agree, but keep away from morons with big "I know it all" problems. Though I love the series "Dragons' Den" I am constantly bugging myself on this guy who built the "Tennis Academy" company. He is so terrible (arrogant as h*ll). The other guys are at least open to even the most stupidiest ideas (there are a lot of strange inventors on the show, too. I absolutly agree on that) even though these ideas are not really commercially viable. I love that.
#48 - Why?
#51 - Yes, with a healthy dose of skepticism.
#52 - Why not do both? When you relax you may even solve your problem. Because you aren't actively working on the problem when you party (I hope).
#53 - With a strong emotional control system, yes. Without it, don't bother.
#55 - Well, that is what business is all about?
#58 - Extremely important. Many people do not heed this advice. Their loss. My gain..hehe.
#63 - I like it. I like it a lot.
#69 - This one is an act of balance. Very hard sometimes.
#70 - He forgot "people" too.
#73 - Something to learn, yes. You come to a certain point where you can't save any more money unless you live in a dumpster and eat old food from the garbage bin. Earn more instead. Find something to sell, scrap together some money and advertise in the local newspaper and hope for the best. Reinvest all the money in a new marketing ad and scale up. That would make yourself a little bit more liquid. Earning VS Saving.
#81 - Nonsense. "Don't let money be an excuse"? Are you high, boy? If you have no money, then earn money first. Then hire a great mentor who could take you higher. Paying for a mentor? Crazy? Yes. Buy his books instead, or even better, rent it at the local library.

So many things you can have for no money at all and still people waste thousands of dollars to hear a guy speak about money at seminars. I don't get it. Most of it can be had at YouTube most of the time anyway. Most of that money making talk and money fitness talk can be had if you just study a book in basic bookkeeping or a book in sales and marketing. Everything can be had free of charge. Here we go with the "complicated people" ones again.
#83 - If people agree, yes put it away.
#84 - Not always. But in general, this advice is correct.
#88 - Sometimes, believe your excuses. Sometimes they can save your life, your integrity and your financial life. What I dislike about these rules are that they are so vague. Define them more.
#90 - Fear of Success? Bogus. The reason you are not successful is because you have not yet delivered what people really want you to deliver. Then, if you are so damn afraid of succeeding, hire someone who is not afraid of succeeding for you. Hire a strong PM and let thim do the hard stuff you can't muster doing yourself. Everyone has weaknesses and these weaknesses are what makes us succeed or not. Work as a strong team where every part is very good in what they are doing and you will see that the "Fear of Success" rule is just bogus all around. The market demand is always the ultimate judge of your success, not your fear of it (I have not met anyone afraid of success during my lifetime. Everyone has wanted to be a success, but they where not because they did everything alone and insisted on doing it alone).
#93 - By all means listen to something that you enjoy. Why listen to something you are forcing you to listen too? What kind of scientific results has shown this one advice to create a lot of millionaire or even billionaires anyway? Stupid.
#95 - Stupid advice. Sleep is good for your brain. But sleep less by all means. I will be rested and more alert and you will be less alert and easier too fool. I don't mind.

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
@fanocks2003
Thanks for putting this kind of lists into the right light. Rep+++. The message is: Always use your brain. I get more and more angry with such lists that aim for a high number of bullet points, no matter how much you have to stretch your point.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
It seems list posts seem to get good linkage in the blog world. I never do these...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.