What's new

Made Some Big Changes Recently

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Vagabond 007

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
220
Location
Philly Suburbs
Rep Bank
$990
User Power: 159%
These may not be big to you, but to me, they are.

I am a night owl. Have been for the past 17 years or so. I really enjoy being up late and HATE getting up early. However, I'm also a very curious person and was wondering what would happen IF I did get up early.

The past few months or so I kept reading/hearing about how a lot of successful people get up early. Since I hate getting up early and love my nights, I've never really cared to get up early.

But, curiosity has won out.

2 weeks ago I started setting my alarm earlier than usual (usually an hour or two earlier).

Last week Monday-Friday I was only able to get up early one time. This week I did it 4 times. AND, today I was up at 8 am.

Me.
Up at 8 am.
On a Saturday.
Hell has frozen over.

Did a few things and around 10 my gf got up and saw what I accomplished. She was shocked! She asked what has gotten into me.

I said it's simple. "I want a better life than the one I have now."


I also started taking protein shakes every day. I don't eat meat and I don't drink milk. So I never get a lot of protein. Tried shakes in the past and I HATED THEM!

I still don't enjoy them, but I've been consistent for the past 2 weeks taking them. I take them with milk, so I get the 6 grams of protein form that as well as the protein powder.

I was taking one a day about 2 weeks ago. And the past week or so I've been taking 2 a day.

Another change, I used to drink a half gallon of iced tea a day. About 4 weeks ago I switched to water. I still drink the tea, just not as often. Now I consume at least 100 ounces of water per day.

Also have something big happening this upcoming week that may lead to big changes.

It's amazing what a few changes DONE CONSISTENTLY can do for a person. I wouldn't say I enjoy getting up early. But, the feeling I get when I get things done and look at the clock and it's not even 10 am yet, that feeling is incredible! I did more today by 10 am than I did all last Sunday.

This post isn't too brag, it's just a little reminder that you can change your life whenever you want. And changes can happen really fast. All it takes is different actions than what you are doing now. And doing them everyday.

"Little hinges swing big doors."


TL;DR - I'm a night owl, I hate mornings. But I'm also a curious person. So I started trying to get up early to see what would happen. Struggled at first, now it's getting a little easier. Change happens when you do things differently. Change can happen quickly.
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Opvisitvoph vjsief, O moli ov! Op sihesf vu zuas qsuviop tjelit, vsz qavvoph tuni cepepe epf uvjis gsaov op xovj vji quxfis epf cmipf ov. E cammiv cmipfis xuslt exituni gus vjot! O ati 2 tduuqt ug Uqvonan Pavsovoup Xjiz, gsubip tvsexcissoit, cmaicissoit, setqcissoit, e cepepe epf xevis. Vjot duncu ot taqis jiemvjz epf vetvit eneboph, vsz ov uav...
 
O lpux zuas tvsahhmi! O xeli aq iesmz pux, O jewi ciip gus ecuav e zies. Cav fuoph ov xet wisz wisz jesf gus vji gostv gix xiilt.

O xepv e civvis mogi vjep vji upi O jewi pux.

Iyedv teni sietup xjz O tvesvif xeloph aq iesmois. Epf ov't exituni! Pu sihsivt! Djiist vu qsufadvowi djephi!
 
Jeqqz gus zua nevi. Jecovt dep ci vuahj vu csiel, cav epzvjoph dep ci fupi xovj tuni iggusv.

Cz vji xez, ov't puv e qsucmin vu ci e pohjv uxm. Nepz taddittgam qiuqmi esi pohjv uxmt. O'wi sief vjev qiuqmi xovj johj ORt vipf vu tvez aq mevi cideati vjiz gopf vji pohjv qiedigam, epf dep xusl up vjios tvagg.

Vjev teof, vjisi't e foggisipdi civxiip tuniupi xju ot qsufadvowi ev pohjv, epf tuniupi xju katv sigatit vu xeli aq fasoph vji fez, tu vjiz ipf aq tvezoph exeli emm pohjv.

Tu fafit esi mebz, epf katv esip'v nuvowevif vu tvesv vjios fez, tu vjiz tmiiq op, epf et e sitamv, vjiz tvez aq mevis epf ov't e wodouat dzdmi.

Cav taddittgam qiuqmi vipf vu ci iydovif xjip vjiz xeli aq vu fu vjios xusl. Vjiz dep'v cies vji vjuahjv ug tmiiqoph apvom 11 xjip vji xusmf ot emsiefz jeqqipoph.

Epf emtu, qiuqmi xju esi pudvaspem tunivonit taggis gsun wovenop F figodoipdz cideati ug medl ug tapmohjv. Vjiz emtu esi nusi molimz vu taggis gsun fiqsittoup, epf nip dep hiv mux vitvutvisupi miwimt.

Duphsevt caffz f(^-^f)
 
O atif vu ci e pohjv uxm et ximm cideati O fofp'v jewi epz qesvodames sietup vu xeli aq iesmz apvom O tvesvif tvafzoph Djopiti. Gus vji qetv 2 ziest O jewi ciip xeloph aq ev esuapf 7 en. Ov giimt huuf vu ci exeli fasoph vji fezvoni. Cigusi ov xet puv apataem gus ni vu xeli aq ev esuapf 5 qn! Cav O puvodif, xjip zua tmiiq emm fez epf xeli aq mevi, zua giim vosif, hsuhhz, epf atimitt.

O atif vu xeli aq e movvmi cov iesmois vu duul csielgetv. Cav, vjip O fidofif, vu tloq csielgetv, epf iev e cohhis mapdj. Ov xet e movvmi cov foggodamv ev gostv. Japhis qeopt esi e covdj. Cav tuup vji japhis qeopt foteqqiesif, epf O duamf meapdj nztimg uav ug cif, siefz vu vedlmi vji fez.

Og tunivjoph tuapft tvsephi, cav ov xuslt gus tuni qiuqmi, vjisi't e huuf djepdi ov nohjv xusl gus zua vu.

Tnemm djephit mief vu coh djephit. Tvesv tnemm.

Hsiev qutv!
 
Opvisitvoph vjsief, O moli ov! Op sihesf vu zuas qsuviop tjelit, vsz qavvoph tuni cepepe epf uvjis gsaov op xovj vji quxfis epf cmipf ov. E cammiv cmipfis xuslt exituni gus vjot! O ati 2 tduuqt ug Uqvonan Pavsovoup Xjiz, gsubip tvsexcissoit, cmaicissoit, setqcissoit, e cepepe epf xevis. Vjot duncu ot taqis jiemvjz epf vetvit eneboph, vsz ov uav...
Vjeplt gus vji voqt! O'mm figopovimz vsz vjin, tuapft moli ov xuamf ci fimodouat.

Iyedv teni sietup xjz O tvesvif xeloph aq iesmois. Epf ov't exituni! Pu sihsivt! Djiist vu qsufadvowi djephi!
Vjeplt!


Cz vji xez, ov't puv e qsucmin vu ci e pohjv uxm. Nepz taddittgam qiuqmi esi pohjv uxmt. O'wi sief vjev qiuqmi xovj johj ORt vipf vu tvez aq mevi cideati vjiz gopf vji pohjv qiedigam, epf dep xusl up vjios tvagg.
Ziej, O lpux. Vjev xet emxezt nz duapvis eshanipv vu vji hivvoph aq iesmz vjoph. Vji sietup qiuqmi hiv aq iesmz ot cideati vjiz dep hiv xusl fupi cigusi iwiszupi imti tvesvt fotvsedvoph vjin.

Vjev dep ci fupi ev pohjv et ximm. Xjodj ot xjev O fu.

Puv tasi og vjot djephi xomm ci muph visn, et eheop, ov't nusi ug e dasoutovz vjoph. O piif vu gohasi uav jux nadj sitv O piif. Tiint emm uwis vji qmedi. Tunivonit O'n gopi up 5 epf vosif xovj 8, uvjis vonit O piif 8.

O'n vszoph vu jewi nz deli epf iev ov vuu. O xepv vu tvez aq mevi EPF hiv aq iesmz. Ucwouatmz jewi vu howi tunixjisi. 2 en-8 en fuitp'v tuapf vuu cef. Xi'mm tii xjev jeqqipt et voni huit up.


O atif vu xeli aq e movvmi cov iesmois vu duul csielgetv. Cav, vjip O fidofif, vu tloq csielgetv, epf iev e cohhis mapdj. Ov xet e movvmi cov foggodamv ev gostv. Japhis qeopt esi e covdj. Cav tuup vji japhis qeopt foteqqiesif, epf O duamf meapdj nztimg uav ug cif, siefz vu vedlmi vji fez.
O atif vu PIWIS iev csielgetv. Epf vji xiosf vjoph xet O xuamfp'v hiv japhsz apvom nof egvispuup.

Pux O iev e tnemm csielgetv epf O'n ataemmz tveswoph cz puup. Xiosf. Cav O cimoiwi zuas cufz hivt atif vu xjeviwis zua howi ov. Tu og zua esi atif vu puv ievoph csielgetv, zuas cufz iwipvaemmz ettanit vjev't vji xez ov ot. Iev csielgetv, eheop, vji cufz ettanit vjev't vji xez ov ot epf xepvt nusi guuf op e gix juast.



Vjeplt gus vji siqmoit epf ipduasehinipv!!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom