The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Made a website.. now what?

Marketing, social media, advertising

soloq

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 12, 2023
Hey fastlaners,

My names Eugene, I've always had the entrepreneurial spirit but never actually "finished" something I wanted to release. I'd always get backlash from friends saying it wouldn't work.

So this month I just "did it" and released, got a domain etc and now I have something to show. If I fail, at least I tried.

My site only really has affiliate / ad potential.. I don't expect it to generate a 6 figure income. But it's content is something that is needed in its space so here's hoping it takes off.

In saying all of this, where do I start when it comes to getting my site traffic? Should i:
A) first get feedback before posting it in social channels related to the topic
B) go all out and just post it on social channels
C) wait for my adsense / affiliate to be approved and then post it?

I haven't got to the "actually doing it" part of the process before. Any help greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Mar 15, 2023
But it's content is something that is needed in its space so here's hoping it takes off.
Well for starters what is your website about? Do you have a target audience? Why will your Target audience come to your website rather than other website like yours?
Your business is based on "hope"?
So this month I just "did it" and released, got a domain etc and now I have something to show
Is this why you had the website built? Because you needed something to "show"? Heavily violated the commandment of Need.

If I fail, at least I tried.
This is not trying. It's like buying a Honda and saying "I tried to learn how to drive" while "hoping" that the car drives itself.

It is good that you have started taking action, but make sure your action is for the right reasons and in the right direction otherwise it's pointless.
If your website is like a blog or something then it needs to provide unique value in order for people to come to it.

soloq

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 12, 2023
Thanks for your reply and questions!
The website is a scientific men's health database. I believe there's a need for this as there is way too much noise in the men's health space and no website that blatantly provides scientific facts for men's health.

My target audience is men living a sedatery lifestyle (as I did for so long) that are struggling with keeping physically and mentally fit.

I believe men will find a benefit to using my site over other clickbaity blog websites as it's far more structured and provides scientific proof of concept.

I am a front end developer / ux designer by trade so I just built the site by my own means. I am using AI for content generation which scrapes the internet for scientific articles.

The original reason for the site is to provide a scientific approach to staying physically and mentally healthy. It's something I have become very passionate about as I had to get my own health straight and found it very hard to choose how to do it / what actually works / what websites to trust.

Hence my queries into how I should go about marketing it or monetizing it.

Beijing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 8, 2017
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I wouldn't worry about monetizing it until you have some solid traffic. Since you're taken a content driven approach, it would make sense to keep creating more articles with specific keywords in mind to maximize SEO.

If you get a traffic to a certain level, it's not going to be that hard to monetize your website.

In saying all of this, where do I start when it comes to getting my site traffic? Should i:

1. Is your website ugly?

2. Is your website not yet useful?

If you have either of the problems above, then fix them (by getting some advice about visually appealing website design or creating more useful high-quality content).

If don't have either of those problems, why not start marketing your website in whatever ways are available to you?

Is there any reason why you wouldn't do this?

Unless you have 100,000+ social media subscribers, though, this isn't going to be a magic pill. A more logical strategy is to keep creating quality content that will boost SEO.

Traffic is traffic. Even if you don't have ads/affiliate links up yet, there's no reason to not start building a fan-base.

If your website can already offer value, then visitors today will be visitors that come back again next week anyway.

If your website is too undeveloped at this point to offer much value, then maybe continue creating value before you start pushing it on social media.

Last edited:

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021
Hey fastlaners,

My names Eugene, I've always had the entrepreneurial spirit but never actually "finished" something I wanted to release. I'd always get backlash from friends saying it wouldn't work.

So this month I just "did it" and released, got a domain etc and now I have something to show. If I fail, at least I tried.

My site only really has affiliate / ad potential.. I don't expect it to generate a 6 figure income. But it's content is something that is needed in its space so here's hoping it takes off.

I haven't got to the "actually doing it" part of the process before. Any help greatly appreciated!
Hey, if your website is good enough, then the first part of marketing is done.

Just do everything that is accessible at the moment for you. I would start by posting on social media. Make some catchy interesting content that will attract everyone. Then I would go to different communities on the internet that are related to the problem you're trying to solve. Ask for feedback on your website.

You could also try a different approach. For example, join some subreddits based on the problem your website solves. Create some threads and ask indirectly about what problems there are on that particular service (without showing your landing page). You'll have a ton of people arguing. You can then engage with them in any other way.

You just have to find the place where your market lies. Make them aware of you and engage with them. Again, if your solution is good enough, then the rest will fall into place.

nopalmer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 7, 2023
If you took care of the essentials - the design, high-quality content, SEO optimization, there's no reason not to get your website out there. This is how you'll get traffic and start engaging with your target audience. Ask for feedback or suggestions on the topics they want you to cover.

Depending on your niche, look for the best practices and recommendations and make sure you did it right. And don't forget to optimize your website for all screens because this can make a big difference.

Think in advance and do things simultaneously. While promoting your website on social media, prepare for the next step, and for example, learn how to track affiliate links in Google Analytics, this is one way of doing it. Down the road, you will want to find out what performs well and what you need to improve.

Forgot to mention - check your competition. Where do people from your niche advertise, for example? Check their domains' DR; if it's high, learn from them. So research, study, compare, adjust.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
So your site basically tells men who live a sedentary lifestyle that it's unhealthy? Isn't that pretty obvious? What specifically are men supposed to gain by coming to your website?

Side note: I enjoy the back-end web development side of things more but I love seeing how amazing a website can look with a professional front-end developer. I'm assuming, since you're a front-end developer by trade, you know how to make websites look very aesthetic so that's a huge plus for perceived value. I do full stack development and I can't stand making it look nice.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.