The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lurker from UK

Nicco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Sep 29, 2018
Hi all,

I'm Nick, 29-years-old, male, from Yorkshire UK. I grew up following quite a typical path i.e. school, university, job. I have a masters degree in electronic engineering and spent the past 6 years working as a software engineer/consultant in various roles. I went through a huge self-development spurt after my mother sadly passed away from cancer around 2 years ago and (driven largely by grief and dissatisfaction with my life situation) consumed a tonne of self-development books which completely changed my outlook on life. I've found it difficult to see the world the same way since, especially since reading TMF and Unscripted .

Ironically, I would never have labelled myself as an entrepreneur, but really am someone who is looking to try make the most of my remaining life. So far I've moved back in with my Dad to minimise expenses and despite being scared shitless, left my current job around six months ago due to a belief that I can aim higher. I'm very fortunate that I have savings to last me some years in my current situation. I've lurked around these forums for a while and have enjoyed learning from others so felt it was time just to #wave and introduce myself.

Thank you to everyone for the information you put on here. I feel like I'm learning a lot from it and am looking forward to learning more in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted74396

Glad to see a fellow Yorkshire-person! Sorry to hear about your mum, Nick. Glad you found your way here, I look forward to hearing more from you :)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Nick and welcome to the forum! Also looking forward to hear more about your progress and how things go.

Shay

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2020
UK
Hi Nick

I've lurked here a bit and reading your post inspired me to sign up and say hi

I am from UK and in a similar situation to you, electronics engineer but with more focus on hardware design/integration and manufacturing.

I've been thinking of getting a product developed and sold and my software skills are lacking, it would be cool to talk some things over with you?

What kinda of software are you writing just now? do you have experience with embedded?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...