Hello everyone,
I've recently turned 27 and decided to join the forums after lurking a while. I read(listened actually) to TMF a few months ago and it was eye opening. I felt alone in thinking that it was ridiculous that we commit so much time to a job, but this book reaffirmed my belief. I've been working a tech job at a big bank for the past 3 years. Its cushy, well paying and at times can be enjoyable, but in the end someone will always benefit more from it than I will.
I've spent the past 6 months trying to find my 'why'. I've dabbled in different ideas from Amazon FBA to blogging to content creation. Right now I've decided to start my own small business online selling my own merchandise. I'm not sure what will come of it, but I know it will help me in sales for future ideas.
I been eyeing bigger ideas like alt tech, but honestly I'm very afraid to pursue them. However that's why I joined, to help gain inspiration and insight to pursue them. Ideally it would be something I can start as a side project, but grow into something that will allow me to quit my job.
I'm glad to be here, and I'll try to post instead of lurking
I've recently turned 27 and decided to join the forums after lurking a while. I read(listened actually) to TMF a few months ago and it was eye opening. I felt alone in thinking that it was ridiculous that we commit so much time to a job, but this book reaffirmed my belief. I've been working a tech job at a big bank for the past 3 years. Its cushy, well paying and at times can be enjoyable, but in the end someone will always benefit more from it than I will.
I've spent the past 6 months trying to find my 'why'. I've dabbled in different ideas from Amazon FBA to blogging to content creation. Right now I've decided to start my own small business online selling my own merchandise. I'm not sure what will come of it, but I know it will help me in sales for future ideas.
I been eyeing bigger ideas like alt tech, but honestly I'm very afraid to pursue them. However that's why I joined, to help gain inspiration and insight to pursue them. Ideally it would be something I can start as a side project, but grow into something that will allow me to quit my job.
I'm glad to be here, and I'll try to post instead of lurking
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
