The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lucking motivation

asfordkalosa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 12, 2022
Hai, my names are Kalosa Asford and am from zambia.i have been reading this book for about a week and I have found the motivation to finish it because of the way it was written it's a mind blowing.The problem with me is that whenever I start up something I don't have the motivation to finish it and since childhood I have been doing like this.
When starting I start with a bang but just a few days I loose concentration and finally stops.but on this book I'm sure I'm going to finish it because I want to change my life for better and also help people on solving there problems.thank you.!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ferfi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 2, 2021
Hai, my names are Kalosa Asford and am from zambia.i have been reading this book for about a week and I have found the motivation to finish it because of the way it was written it's a mind blowing.The problem with me is that whenever I start up something I don't have the motivation to finish it and since childhood I have been doing like this.
When starting I start with a bang but just a few days I loose concentration and finally stops.but on this book I'm sure I'm going to finish it because I want to change my life for better and also help people on solving there problems.thank you.!
This book, surely will help you to find motivation to do something really special! If not, I recommend you to dive deep inside your mind and to find a reason why you should do what you want to do, I'm pretty sure, you will find your motivation :)

bray

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 30, 2022
Utah
Lacking motivation does not matter. The truth is, you will lose motivation. It will eventually get boring and dull. The goal is to be consistent and always get started. You need to make it a habit and you need to set yourself accountable. Half of the battle is just getting started. Once you get started on something, it is much harder to quit. If you are losing motivation, try making it more fun.

JustMorpheus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Dec 18, 2021
Our brains can change much more than we think it can. Truly it’s an amazing organ! Even conditioned childhood behavior(like not reading when you said you would)can be changed. If you’re not already using a habit tracker, why not start using one now?

They keep you from procrastinating by helping you read even when you lack the motivation. You can set a task like reading 10 pages a day. Since your tracking wether you actually complete the task or not, it’s hard to fool yourself into saying you’ll do it “tomorrow”.

There are going to be days when you don’t feel like reading. You must READ ANYWAY. What you’re trying to build is discipline: Doing what you know you should do even if you don’t have motivation. I’m my experience, if you rely solely on motivation, you likely won’t accomplish anything of worth. You’ll start something and stop and then start again. Cycling back and forth and not really accomplishing much.

My life did NOT get better until I started doing things even when I lacked motivation. I literally started from the ground up. I had to treat myself like a child and it did feel a little embarrassing at the time. I started by making my bed every morning. Yea… I know…Not the most glorious accomplishment.

Well I humbled myself and stuck with it. Looking back now it’s funny because making my bed every morning was actually challenging at the time . Eventually, I started going to the gym. And that was super challenging at the time too. But just like making my bed, I went even if I lacked the motivation. Now I can go 5 days a week, no problem, and actually enjoy it!

Now my current goal make an income as a web developer. And I’m literally following the exact same process I did with making my bed. Do the task I say I’m going to do, even if I lack motivation.

I suggest you overcome procrastination sooner rather than later, because you really can become someone you won’t even recognize anymore. You’ll progress to higher and higher heights. Start small if you need to then work your way up. The only thing stopping you is YOU.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Break down your big goal into smaller task.

Get motivated to finish something for the next 45 min/2 hour/day

asfordkalosa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 12, 2022
Our brains can change much more than we think it can. Truly it’s an amazing organ! Even conditioned childhood behavior(like not reading when you said you would)can be changed. If you’re not already using a habit tracker, why not start using one now?

They keep you from procrastinating by helping you read even when you lack the motivation. You can set a task like reading 10 pages a day. Since your tracking wether you actually complete the task or not, it’s hard to fool yourself into saying you’ll do it “tomorrow”.

There are going to be days when you don’t feel like reading. You must READ ANYWAY. What you’re trying to build is discipline: Doing what you know you should do even if you don’t have motivation. I’m my experience, if you rely solely on motivation, you likely won’t accomplish anything of worth. You’ll start something and stop and then start again. Cycling back and forth and not really accomplishing much.

My life did NOT get better until I started doing things even when I lacked motivation. I literally started from the ground up. I had to treat myself like a child and it did feel a little embarrassing at the time. I started by making my bed every morning. Yea… I know…Not the most glorious accomplishment.

Well I humbled myself and stuck with it. Looking back now it’s funny because making my bed every morning was actually challenging at the time . Eventually, I started going to the gym. And that was super challenging at the time too. But just like making my bed, I went even if I lacked the motivation. Now I can go 5 days a week, no problem, and actually enjoy it!

Now my current goal make an income as a web developer. And I’m literally following the exact same process I did with making my bed. Do the task I say I’m going to do, even if I lack motivation.

I suggest you overcome procrastination sooner rather than later, because you really can become someone you won’t even recognize anymore. You’ll progress to higher and higher heights. Start small if you need to then work your way up. The only thing stopping you is YOU.
Thank you,I really appreciate it.i think I'll just follow your advice from now on,I never new this forum can be this helpful.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
If you knew that in 10 years, if you keep at it, you will be a millionaire living the life you have always wanted to, would doing the hard stuff even be a question?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...