SapereAude
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Oct 15, 2018
- Messages
- 191
Rep Bank
$950
$950
User Power: 93%
Hey all,
I'm looking for a business model with as few moving parts as possible. Something one person can run on a limited and sometimes unpredictable amount of energy per week, without a team, no complex operations and as little constant firefighting as possible. Think of what Kindle self-publishing was more than a decade ago.
Background: I've spent years trying to build a "full" business and kept hitting a wall for mental health reasons that cap how much I can take on. I'm making progress, but it's a multi-year road. I don't want to put entrepreneurship on hold until it's fully resolved, so I'd rather build something that fits my current capacity.
One note on skills: In my day job I'm an in-house copywriter (DE/EN), so writing and positioning are cheap for me to execute, but I'm deliberately open to any direction, including models that have nothing to do with text. Just one thing: I tend to dislike service work, and it does not really fit my situation for a structural reason. The workload is quite unpredictable and client-driven, which clashes exactly with my capacity limits. So I'm leaning toward product- or asset-type models. Beyond that, please don't narrow on my account.
Any directions worth looking at?
Thanks.
I'm looking for a business model with as few moving parts as possible. Something one person can run on a limited and sometimes unpredictable amount of energy per week, without a team, no complex operations and as little constant firefighting as possible. Think of what Kindle self-publishing was more than a decade ago.
Background: I've spent years trying to build a "full" business and kept hitting a wall for mental health reasons that cap how much I can take on. I'm making progress, but it's a multi-year road. I don't want to put entrepreneurship on hold until it's fully resolved, so I'd rather build something that fits my current capacity.
One note on skills: In my day job I'm an in-house copywriter (DE/EN), so writing and positioning are cheap for me to execute, but I'm deliberately open to any direction, including models that have nothing to do with text. Just one thing: I tend to dislike service work, and it does not really fit my situation for a structural reason. The workload is quite unpredictable and client-driven, which clashes exactly with my capacity limits. So I'm leaning toward product- or asset-type models. Beyond that, please don't narrow on my account.
Any directions worth looking at?
Thanks.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
