The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Low Cost Health Care for Entrepreneurs

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
Don't mean to get political or religious on you guys, but if you are a Christian, you can get some pretty cheap rates on Health Care as an entrepreneur.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/02/gary-north/christians-can-opt-out-of-obamacare/

These plans skirt the Obamacare mandates and are perfectly legal. There are some stipulations like you have to swear not to have promiscuous sex, abuse drugs and alcohol and some other vices. At my age I'm starting to wonder if I still am able to have promiscuous sex:)

Of course you can lie about the vice thing, but just remember that the Big Man upstairs might be watching:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
The rates are cheap because there is no promise to pay. It's actually kind of a scary concept. Then again, maybe I'll start the Athiest Healthcare Network...

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I looked at that a while back and was a little nervous at the concept. Sad, because it's a great idea. It's just that the reason I buy insurance (or at least before it was mandated) was to prevent me from going bankrupt in the event of a serious illness or accident.

Under new regulations, our family is paying over $900 a month for average BCBS coverage. If I had my way, I'd buy catastrophic health insurance and pay out of pocket for regular doctors' visits. Sadly, those types of plans are now illegal. So now, I pay more for health insurance than we do for our house payment. This includes coverage for a bunch of stuff that I KNOW I'll never use. It makes me just a little bit (okay a lot of bit) sick.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.