The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost

Kaleb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Sep 3, 2015
Tennessee

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
How about we start for free and when you are satisfied after a month or so we can work something out? ;) @hawaiiloans

And in 10 posts you've gone from a lost boy to a producer of value (Provided you do actually provide info, teach him how to dress, the like).

Congratulations.

StarKodomo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jan 4, 2015
Ann Arbor, Mi
The biggest thing for you, being honest here, is you need to go from "This is why I can't" to "This is how I will."

"I'm not working out, this is why I can't" needs to be "I need to work out, this is how I will."

"I don't have a business yet, this is why I can't" needs to be "I need to solve problems and help people, this is how I will."

"I don't know if that business will work, this is why it can't." needs to be "I don't know if that business will work, but this is how I will find out."

Remember, if it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
This. This is pure fastlane and entrepreneur mentality. This is also a difficult mind set to transition over.

Have problem, find solution. Either your own or others. This is what entrepreneurs do.

Kaleb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Sep 3, 2015
Tennessee
The meetup I went to last night went well. It was well worth the 50 minute drive and I plan on going back. There was also a gentleman from the group who invited me to come see a presentation by a business group that he is a part of where he does something like drives internet traffic and markets for companies. He wouldn't actually show me, but I figure 1 hour on a thursday night could lead to anything, so I told him I'd at least give it a look.

This. This is pure fastlane and entrepreneur mentality. This is also a difficult mind set to transition over.

Have problem, find solution. Either your own or others. This is what entrepreneurs do.

I see. I usually do tend to not try and do things that I do not want to do, so I need to change how I think about things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
The meetup I went to last night went well. It was well worth the 50 minute drive and I plan on going back. There was also a gentleman from the group who invited me to come see a presentation by a business group that he is a part of where he does something like drives internet traffic and markets for companies. He wouldn't actually show me, but I figure 1 hour on a thursday night could lead to anything, so I told him I'd at least give it a look.

I see. I usually do tend to not try and do things that I do not want to do, so I need to change how I think about things.

When you were at the meet up you did already make the first step.
You were exposed to a bunch of people who probably have a problem in an area, that you discovered in one of the previous posts, you could provide value in.
Just popping in to my mind were two topics you were frequently referencing: fashion, financial services.

You now know the people there at the meetup. If you hear someone complain about a thing the second time, this is a good hint this is a problem that could/should be fixed.
It will make his life easier.

And refering to @Andy Black 's signature if you can say to any of the quotes yes, you are not lost any more.

Kaleb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Sep 3, 2015
Tennessee
When you were at the meet up you did already make the first step.
You were exposed to a bunch of people who probably have a problem in an area, that you discovered in one of the previous posts, you could provide value in.
Just popping in to my mind were two topics you were frequently referencing: fashion, financial services.

You now know the people there at the meetup. If you hear someone complain about a thing the second time, this is a good hint this is a problem that could/should be fixed.
It will make his life easier.

And refering to @Andy Black 's signature if you can say to any of the quotes yes, you are not lost any more.

I mean, almost everyone there had problems.
The organizer was a neurosurgeon who had written an ebook and published to kindle, but couldn't get any purchases. But, there was a guy there who was a ghostwriter who seemed to have success in publish an ebook and gave him some helpful advice for maybe a relaunch.

A lady who attended owns her own small business with taking care of all of the logistics and sourcing, basically importing for people, from china and wants to scale her business up.

Another guy who came is into all kinds of stuff in chemistry and things over my head but told us of his past failures which seemed to be inability to find capital and political corruption.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
I mean, almost everyone there had problems.
The organizer was a neurosurgeon who had written an ebook and published to kindle, but couldn't get any purchases. But, there was a guy there who was a ghostwriter who seemed to have success in publish an ebook and gave him some helpful advice for maybe a relaunch.

A lady who attended owns her own small business with taking care of all of the logistics and sourcing, basically importing for people, from china and wants to scale her business up.

Another guy who came is into all kinds of stuff in chemistry and things over my head but told us of his past failures which seemed to be inability to find capital and political corruption.

Like its in life, it is in business. You do not have to pick every fight, just the ones you know you can win, or the ones you will learn something, without "dying".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kaleb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Sep 3, 2015
Tennessee
Like its in life, it is in business. You do not have to pick every fight, just the ones you know you can win, or the ones you will learn something, without "dying".
I won't die trying anything right now as long as I don't spend all of my money on it! I'm not sure what I can help these people with right now, but maybe will get closer to finding out next time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.