The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost, but interested.

anomie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
May 3, 2017
United States
After going through a few posts, this is about starting your own business/being an entrepreneur (which sounds attractive). How I wound up here, I'm not sure. From what I know, the forum is connected to the book with the same name. All I know at this point in time is that I'd like to travel the world and not have to work an unsatisfying job wasting my life away.

I'm 18 and still in high school. My classmates talk about which colleges or universities they'll be going to, and many (including myself) are lost on what they want to do with their future. I play a few instruments and think I'm decent with technology and computers. Other than that, I don't know what skills or areas of study to focus on to get to where I want to be.

To everyone here, I hope you all have a good day.​

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
After going through a few posts, this is about starting your own business/being an entrepreneur (which sounds attractive). How I wound up here, I'm not sure. From what I know, the forum is connected to the book with the same name. All I know at this point in time is that I'd like to travel the world and not have to work an unsatisfying job wasting my life away.

I'm 18 and still in high school. My classmates talk about which colleges or universities they'll be going to, and many (including myself) are lost on what they want to do with their future. I play a few instruments and think I'm decent with technology and computers. Other than that, I don't know what skills or areas of study to focus on to get to where I want to be.

To everyone here, I hope you all have a good day.​

Welcome to the forum.

First read the book miliionaire fastlane and then comes the hard part, the application of what you learnt.

All the best!

anomie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
May 3, 2017
United States
Welcome to the forum.

First read the book miliionaire fastlane and then comes the hard part, the application of what you learnt.

All the best!

I'll download the first three chapters. At the moment, I don't even have money to buy the full book - but one day.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
I'll download the first three chapters. At the moment, I don't even have money to buy the full book - but one day.

Buy the pdf book.

Seeker shall find.

Zero money pockets indicate zero value creation.Reading the book miraculously won't give anything unless you really apply what's in there.

Read the GOLD threads in which you can find plenty of ways to add value and then create money in return.Use that money to buy the book, in that way you can have enterpreneurship taste feeling on your taste buds!

Jimmy Holster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 4, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not sure how much the physical book is, but I listened to the audio book on Audible.com. A monthly membership is $14AUD...who can't spare $14? That's the cost of a lunch where I live. Seriously, this book really opened my eyes, and I have read a lot of books. It made me sit up and take stock of my situation, something other books I have read in the past couldn't/didn't do.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I'll send you 10 dollars if you pay the rest to read the book. Send me your email address for paypal if that works for you. Other than that, you have a lot to learn and if you keep showing up around here you will find a way and sculpt a life that you love. Good luck man and remember that it's about the process. The results will come.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Other than that, I don't know what skills or areas of study to focus on to get to where I want to be.
The suggestion to read the book is a good one. This comment may not make much sense until you've read the book, but anyway: Don't worry about the skills or studies you might need...look for the NEEDs around you first.

"I wish there was a..."
"Why doesn't someone make a..."
Or "This product/service really stinks."

Best wishes!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't even have money to buy the full book - but one day.

Use the contact forum button listed below ... I'll send you a copy for free. Please make sure your message me from your email addy listed with @anomie.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I play a few instruments and think I'm decent with technology and computers. Other than that, I don't know what skills or areas of study to focus on to get to where I want to be.

Musician here.

If you play well enough to introduce yourself on a forum as someone who plays a few instruments, then it means for the past X number of years, you've been flexing some very important muscles for entreprenuership.

The discipline to do the practice/repetition/grind necessary to learn an instrument, will transfer over well to the practice/repetition/grind necessary to start a business.

Start now, while you have virtually zero expenses.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Use the contact forum button listed below ... I'll send you a copy for free. Please make sure your message me from your email addy listed with @anomie.

Still waiting...

Offer is now expiring in 24 hours.

ZeroToOne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 6, 2017
KS
I have yet to post in the introduction thread, but I had to pop my cherry and comment here...

Use the contact forum button listed below ... I'll send you a copy for free.

@MJ DeMarco I'm also a "verify, then trust" type of person, and when I joined the site I was still wondering if the authenticity in TMF was real or just good writing. Your offer to send that person a free book might be a small gesture in the grand scheme of things, but it impressed me all the same. It's nice to actually see someone genuinely interested in helping others and backing it up with actions. That's much more remarkable to me than any number of dollars someone has earned. Much respect.

D

DeletedUser86

Welcome to the forums, time is on your side if you don't waste it

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...